Author Topic: Jeff Goodman says Dan plans to return next season  (Read 1678 times)

Online gochneaur645

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

Jeff Goodman says Dan plans to return next season
« on: March 13, 2024, 05:34:11 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: Jeff Goodman says Dan plans to return next season
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 05:37:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He can plan all he wants but the fans plan on having a revolt. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain, Herdalum94, herdorbust2

Online GreenDaddy

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 06:03:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall will suffer major consequences for bringing him back. Either they are tone deaf to the current mood around the fanbase, or they just don't care. Both will result in a major fan boycott next season. Spears and Smith can't say they weren't warned.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, HerdnBucks, parshall2marshall, ed swain, herdfifteen, herdorbust2

Offline herdman22

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 07:01:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Rumors I've heard there's a difference of opinion between the athletic department and higher ups

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 07:05:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO, most of you who post all the negative comments aren't going to do squat.
    When I see marching protests, adds taken out in a local paper, "copies" of emails that you actual send to people such as Spears, Smith, DD, etc. expressing your complaints and desire for a new coach. I, for one don't care for "blowhards". As is said, either do it or get off the pot.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 07:07:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall will suffer major consequences for bringing him back. Either they are tone deaf to the current mood around the fanbase, or they just don't care. Both will result in a major fan boycott next season. Spears and Smith can't say they weren't warned.

Expected but an outrageous decision

There is no buyout

Way past time for DD to retire or be retired

Offline NewfieHerdFan

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 07:10:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really hope they get rid of this guy. He's going to let his ego kill any good feelings/memories fans have of him.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, jdonaccbus, ed swain, ThunderCat98, herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 07:15:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO, most of you who post all the negative comments aren't going to do squat.
    When I see marching protests, adds taken out in a local paper, "copies" of emails that you actual send to people such as Spears, Smith, DD, etc. expressing your complaints and desire for a new coach. I, for one don't care for "blowhards". As is said, either do it or get off the pot.

I have sent several emails to both Mr. Smith and Spears.  I have also reached out to Spears on X.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 07:20:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think him planning to return is fine. I see nothing wrong with that. Probably what he should say and has been said by 100's of coaches that get fired or retire a week or two later.

Regardless of his "plans"... the decision of whether he (or any coach) is here next year shouldn't be up to him.

If Dan IS here next year I definitely think that's the final straw for me. I will have lost all hope in this school ever wanting to win at anything relevant again. They've already proven that to me...and despite all this new blood...it will officially be the same ole Marshall of the last 20 years. If they aren't serious about this...what am I following MU Sports for?

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley, ed swain, herdfan129

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 07:22:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears the only way to save next season is Bust's hypothetical $1 mm+ injection into NIL. Need 3-5 starter quality plus retain Martin and OAK ( also known as Anokilli Chillin' by the GA ST ESPN+ crew :-) )
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 07:38:09 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: herdtown

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 07:28:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have sent several emails to both Mr. Smith and Spears.  I have also reached out to Spears on X.

Has either one of them replied to you and if so, can you please share what they wrote back?

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 07:32:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears the only way to save next season is Bust's hypothetical $1 mm+ injection into NIL. Need 3-5 starter quality plus retain Martin and OAK.

I don't it think it matters who Dan brings in, he is a horrible coach. One of the most revealing facts about Kim, was that her coaching ability was so much better than Dan.

I have vm from a person with the Marshall U Foundation, he is planning on visiting some of the MU alumni living in Florida and he wants to meet with me. If they keep Dan, I will tell him to ask Dan to contribute the amount I was planing on giving to MU from my RMD this year. Over the years, I have found the only way to get MU officials attention is to withhold your contributions.  `
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 07:48:12 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdfifteen, ThunderCat98, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 07:32:07 PM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 07:32:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another 20 loss season if he is retained. Hope the right decision is made.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 07:35:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO Smith loves that everyone loves him as president at this point in time. I don't think he has the guts to make a change and get on the bad side of the Dantoni's and a few of their higher up friends. Smith and Spears need to do what is best for Marshall and let the chips fall where they may. The last guy that had any balls as AD whether you liked him or not was Lee Moon.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, Flat Tire 2

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 07:37:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I told you so.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2024, 07:39:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I told you so.

Your corny theory is all Danny talk. Don't believe everything Danny tells you at practice. Corny will not be the next coach unless Danny completely turns this around and we win 2 SB championships next 2 years. Ain't happening!!!

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2024, 07:40:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have sent several emails to both Mr. Smith and Spears.  I have also reached out to Spears on X.
    As I stated, I would like to actually see the actual email that was sent.

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2024, 07:53:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I told you so.

That was my understanding as well, but I'm still disgusted with it

No other university in the country would bring DD back with his record in YEAR 10

As much as I think of Smith, this was a big misstep

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2024, 08:01:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate saying this but I don?t care.  Mu bb is going to stink and I?ll check the box score after the games are over.  No interest in it right now.  Boring product.  I enjoy watching WBB much more. 

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2024, 08:16:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let this sink in:

It took Kim Caldwell one season to claim more championships than Dan has had in 10 years. Caldwell went 2 for 2 in the championship column in her first season. She claimed both a regular season championship and a tournament championship.

Dan in 10 years has had 20 tries for a championship....regular season & tournament. He has achieved 1 in those 20 tries.

There is no question in my mind that there would be a line of quality coaches from all different levels.....D2 Head coaches, quality D1 assistant coaches and quite possibly lower D1 head coaches......that would line up for this opportunity.

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    « Reply #20 on: March 13, 2024, 08:59:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • you know, Dan is just about the right age to get into national politics.

Offline svherd

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2024, 09:05:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sad. Well, put your money into the women's program. You can donate to specific sports - a great option for fans .

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, jdonaccbus, MicDrass1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2024, 09:05:18 PM »

Offline herd2win

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 09:33:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has either one of them replied to you and if so, can you please share what they wrote back?

Mr. Spears always has replied including earlier and also regarding comments Huff made that upset me.  I sent a second email regarding the mens team after we lost on Saturday and Spears did not respond.  Mr. Smith did not respond.

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad, miltonherdfan

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 10:06:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I also reached out to Mr. Spears and highlighted that ODU and Coastal are stepping up in hiring coaches and not making a move will leave us further behind. I find it disgusting that they will allow a family to take take the Athletic Department hostage.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 10:14:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Hi Mr. Spears,

It should be an easy Monday for you tomorrow to inform Dan that the university is going in a different direction.  2 of the past 3 years have been a disaster and nothing points to next year being any better.

Look what our conference mates have done already in getting new coaches for next year.

Why prolong the obvious.  Fans can see through if you dumb down the OOC schedule to get Dan a winning season next year.  Nothing points to future success.

Compare Dan to Kim and it should be easy to make a change.  Please do what is right for Marshall and not the easy thing of keeping a "connected" coach.

This is the second email in a week I had sent.

The following users thanked this post: Ovaltine Jenkins, parshall2marshall, mu79grad, ed swain, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 10:14:13 PM »