Author Topic: Chuck Landon: Imagine MU hoops playing faster  (Read 6817 times)

Offline MUonium

Re: Chuck Landon: Imagine MU hoops playing faster
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 09:02:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • anybody know what to expect out of HerdVision?  i suppose they're working on it but at the moment only the UTEP game on Feb 3 is listed.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 09:02:12 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bledsoe reminds me a lot of Ryan Taylor. He is really coming on and just seems to have the "it" factor. Seems he is always around the ball and making things happen. He was unbelievable today. I don't think TRS was trying to say that Williams and others weren't doing well. But he has never played a minute D1 basketball. The kid is going to be really good once he gets his feet wet. That is why Herdmeister called him Randy Knoll to his face today. He will be that type of player. He and George and Bennett will be hard to deal with in the future. I would take those 3 together in a couple years in the front court over virtually anyone. And BTW did you all hear Mac Mcclung decomitted from Rutgers? Still have a shot!!!!

I don't think he has Ryan's hops.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online coalherd

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 12:34:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bledsoe reminds me a lot of Ryan Taylor. He is really coming on and just seems to have the "it" factor. Seems he is always around the ball and making things happen. He was unbelievable today. I don't think TRS was trying to say that Williams and others weren't doing well. But he has never played a minute D1 basketball. The kid is going to be really good once he gets his feet wet. That is why Herdmeister called him Randy Knoll to his face today. He will be that type of player. He and George and Bennett will be hard to deal with in the future. I would take those 3 together in a couple years in the front court over virtually anyone. And BTW did you all hear Mac Mcclung decomitted from Rutgers? Still have a shot!!!!

Hope we're still in the running as far as McClung is concerned, herdorbust.  Hope DD and/or Cline have stayed in contact with him.

As for the comment about Noll, that would take a lot of convincing and proof.  For those that don't know, Noll was 6'8" and played with Mike D. in early 70s.  Had great range on his jump shot and battled hard on the boards and on D, despite a lot of bulk.  He was the team's "long range bomber" just as another lanky forward, 6'7" George Stone, was on the early/mid 60s teams under Ellis Johnson when Danny D. played.

Neither Noll nor Stone had the benefit of the 3 point line.  IMO, their career scoring stats would have been even more impressive.

I'll take a pass on whether any of our bigs or at least forwards have the kind of consistent accuracy from what is now 3 point range that both Noll and Stone had.  Hopefully, one or more of our current players, Williams, Bledsoe, etc., will in time come close, and that should make us even more explosive offensively.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe McClung gave a verbal to Rutgers .

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 08:17:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe McClung gave a verbal to Rutgers .

He has recently reopened his recruitment, and Georgetown is swooping in. . .

https://twitter.com/LenMcClung/status/916843462129078272

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 08:27:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hope we're still in the running as far as McClung is concerned, herdorbust.  Hope DD and/or Cline have stayed in contact with him.

As for the comment about Noll, that would take a lot of convincing and proof.  For those that don't know, Noll was 6'8" and played with Mike D. in early 70s.  Had great range on his jump shot and battled hard on the boards and on D, despite a lot of bulk.  He was the team's "long range bomber" just as another lanky forward, 6'7" George Stone, was on the early/mid 60s teams under Ellis Johnson when Danny D. played.

Neither Noll nor Stone had the benefit of the 3 point line.  IMO, their career scoring stats would have been even more impressive.

I'll take a pass on whether any of our bigs or at least forwards have the kind of consistent accuracy from what is now 3 point range that both Noll and Stone had.  Hopefully, one or more of our current players, Williams, Bledsoe, etc., will in time come close, and that should make us even more explosive offensively.

Danny was to have a talk with him yesterday. I hope to hear at practice today how that went.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • McClung looks like a nice player to have.  We either get him or we don't.  Either way the team is shaping up nicely for the future.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 09:23:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • McClung looks like a nice player to have.  We either get him or we don't.  Either way the team is shaping up nicely for the future.

If we can get Dillon and Brooks-Harris, we will be fine.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 09:24:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure Georgetown was involved before he committed to Rutgers, but maybe they are pushing harder or have a better package to sell him now.

I'd love to get that kid. 
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 10:06:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am pretty sure Georgetown was involved before he committed to Rutgers, but maybe they are pushing harder or have a better package to sell him now.

I'd love to get that kid.

He had 2 offers from non-G5 schools. Rutgers and Georgetown. All his others are from G5 schools or lower.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 10:39:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Early period for basketball NLI is Nov. 8

Offline MUonium

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • on board with a bright future.  if this year is more than a significantly changed roster-transitional year, then it'll be a huge, huge bonus for the program and fans.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:35 AM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 10:48:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we can get Dillon and Brooks-Harris, we will be fine.

I like having 2 taller players on the wings with a PG running the offense vs. the traditional 2 small Guard offense.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 06:17:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another good practice today for Bledsoe. He is really coming on and playing with confidence. Also Janson had a really good practice as well. Right now Jon and Burks are playing at an extremely high level. All they did today was scrimmage for the entire full 2 hours. These guys are in really good shape the way they run the floor. I would love to be in that kind of shape because they go full tilt all the time. I've never seen anyone in any better shape than West. That kid goes all out every second he is on the floor. And he came over and thanked all of us for coming out. Peneva is playing like a different player this year. He is playing the Point Forward a lot and can really handle it in the open court for a 6'9" guy. He just looks so much more confident in everything he does. Word is Mcclung isn't coming and Robinette went back home. I know they are really high on the kid from Zanesville. Someone says he is a lot like George but even better "basketball player" at this point. And that alone tells me he is pretty darn good. Like Herdmeister said. If we get Dillon and Cam, then we will be set. But I know Danny wants to sign another big since Robinette left. So look for 3 to sign. Believe it or not, but Danny says we will shoot the ball better this year. And I think that may be possible because Jon and CJ are really shooting it well. I look for both to avg 20 a game because CJ has stepped it up bigtime. You just cant guard him. And Williams, Peneva and Bledsoe are shooting the ball well for bigs. The key IMO will be how quickly Williams and Bledsoe progress with the lights turned on. The guards and Peneva are playing at a high level. When those 2 start playing consistant every night then we will have something.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88, MUonium

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Also DD said he would like for everyone that can to come to the Thursday or Friday practice (can't remember which day-I will try and find out tomorrow) because there is going to be a guy from CUSA there to talk about what the conference is trying to do) I think he said the guy would talk at 1:30.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Apollo

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 09:18:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make sure and fill in us non-retired folks on what he says. Wish I could go to these.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2017, 10:15:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Robinette should have been on the football field , not a basketball court . Looking forward to seeing who signs , would love to have a big come on board , a big that contributes , not just a body.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Online coalherd

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2017, 10:57:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Robinette should have been on the football field , not a basketball court . Looking forward to seeing who signs , would love to have a big come on board , a big that contributes , not just a body.

If this was football, everyone, well, almost everyone, would be wondering why so many players (Nikolic, Thompson and now Robinette) with eligibility were leaving!  85 scholarship players in FB; 13 in BB.  So doesn't take that many defections to leave a squad with "youth and inexperience".  Now just where have we heard that before??

Offline Apollo

« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2017, 11:03:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If this was football, everyone, well, almost everyone, would be wondering why so many players (Nikolic, Thompson and now Robinette) with eligibility were leaving!  85 scholarship players in FB; 13 in BB.  So doesn't take that many defections to leave a squad with "youth and inexperience".  Now just where have we heard that before??
    I'll agree with that to an extent. However, DD was never hyped as a recruiting god who was expected to get the best kids out from under the noses of the big boys. Another glaring difference is he actually coaches kids up and gets more from less every year. Something considerably absent from the football program. DD has gone beyond preseason predictions every year here.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, parshall2marshall, wasbarryb

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #44 on: October 09, 2017, 11:27:05 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really appreciate your posts and perspective Herdorbust.  When I see you have posted, I'm like a kid at Christmas.  Please don't let the negative people keep you from posting.  There are many who enjoy what you post.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, horsrman, FlyHawk98, herdorbust

Offline TeaysValleyThunder

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 02/2015
    « Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 01:44:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is practice at 2:45 today?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wasn't trying to relate Robinette leaving to football players leaving . I was saying it because the dude was a bruiser type looking fella . He didn't have a basketball body.
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 06:46:10 AM »

Offline Luke80

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Robinette was a really curious case to me.  He went to a regular high school then attended Hargrave and still was not able to get academically eligible. Now after about half of semester (mid-terms maybe) he is gone. I don't know the kid, but if I had to speculate I would wonder if maybe he just was not up to the academic side of college.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Robinette was a really curious case to me.  He went to a regular high school then attended Hargrave and still was not able to get academically eligible. Now after about half of semester (mid-terms maybe) he is gone. I don't know the kid, but if I had to speculate I would wonder if maybe he just was not up to the academic side of college.

It was not academic related
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is practice at 2:45 today?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Yes.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 07:26:47 AM »