Author Topic: Charles Huff  (Read 9951 times)

Offline Sir Herd

Re: Charles Huff
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 06:08:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Better be careful for what you wish for. In today's landscape, Huff is probably as good of a recruiter and involved in the portal as anyone you can get at Marshall. The only big mistake he really made was not getting a better QB in here last year.

He does a decent job of getting players in no doubt; players like him. However, that will all be moot if the Herd don't start getting better results on the field.

Sorry, but another .500 season one or two more times in a row and I think Spears will give him the axe, just the reality of it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2024, 06:08:55 PM »

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #26 on: May 24, 2024, 06:16:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't too good last season. Well what the new OC can do. All on Huff. Hoping for the best

Huff is Doc, with a Notre Dame win and no Top 25 finish or conference title

Dude blows just like Doc

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, BigJimslade

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2024, 06:18:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He does a decent job of getting players in no doubt; players like him. However, that will all be moot if the Herd don't start getting better results on the field.

Sorry, but another .500 season one or two more times in a row and I think Spears will give him the axe, just the reality of it.

It was all about the QB spot. He gets that fixed and we will be as good as anyone in the SB. You have to have an offense and we just haven't had that QB. That one position will completely turn this team around. Our offense has been so bad the last 1 and a half that I'm shocked Huff has won as much as he has.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Online Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #28 on: May 24, 2024, 06:21:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m a Huff supporter and I would love to see us return to football success.

However,  the more I?m on here, I think I?m completely coming around to the consensus on this board.  Here let me try to blend in.

I hope Marshall doesn?t win a game in 2024, so oh Huff can get fired and we can bring good ole Nicky Saban.  Matter a fact, I hope we don?t score a ding dang point.  I hope we get beat 0-77 by every team we play and I hope they fire him and chase him outta town with baseball bats. 

C?us I?m a good old fashioned, backwards, full a hate, white trash fan, that has gooooot to be right and got to get my way, no matter what, so I can say ?I told gee so, look how damm smart I am, you can call me nos tree dumm a$$, I told gee, I told gee, I told gee?

I know y?all are gonna say he beat Virginia Tech?..Luck

And he beat #8 Notre Dame?..Pure dam accident

Them reports about him working 70 hours a week, recruiting and coaching are big ol lies

He?s stoopid!   He?s stooped!   I want ?em fired 2-day!!!

I want Marshall to fail, I want Huff to get run out of town to dam night in the middle of the night with his house on fire!!!!

Herdfans is an awesome place where we can talk like this before the season even starts.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2024, 06:27:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And BTW some of you think we can still get that 1990-2002 type teams back. It's not happening in today's landscape at Marshall. Those 12-0 and 11-1 type years are long gone. You might see one of those type years every 10-15 years at best. 9-3 is going to be a very good year going forward with the portal and NIL. It's going to be hard enough in basketball trying to replace 7-10 players every year. But replacing 50 every year is really tough and Huff works the portal at a place like Marshall as good as anyone you are going to find. But he has to find that transfer QB every year that can get it done. He has done well everywhere but that position. I think this year it will be corrected.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2024, 08:37:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some good points being made.  There is now a massive advantage to the money schools now that they can spend unlimited.  Any special player will be 1 and done at MU.  Huff does work the portal hard and year round and deserves credit for that.

8-4 is now the ceiling for MU and especially when the upcoming money games are against top 10 huge cash rich schools.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2024, 10:18:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

However,  the more I?m on here, I think I?m completely coming around to the consensus on this board.  Here let me try to blend in.

I hope Marshall doesn?t win a game in 2024, so oh Huff can get fired and we can bring good ole Nicky Saban.  Matter a fact, I hope we don?t score a ding dang point.  I hope we get beat 0-77 by every team we play and I hope they fire him and chase him outta town with baseball bats. 

C?us I?m a good old fashioned, backwards, full a hate, white trash fan, that has gooooot to be right and got to get my way, no matter what, so I can say ?I told gee so, look how damm smart I am, you can call me nos tree dumm a$$, I told gee, I told gee, I told gee?

Them reports about him working 70 hours a week, recruiting and coaching are big ol lies

I want Marshall to fail, I want Huff to get run out of town to dam night in the middle of the night with his house on fire!!!!

Herdfans is an awesome place where we can talk like this before the season even starts.

Notre Dame? How did it work out vs Bowling Green

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2024, 02:16:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff is Doc, with a Notre Dame win and no Top 25 finish or conference title

Dude blows just like Doc
    Dude blows WORSE than Doc. His best conference finish has been 2nd or 3rd place in the East Division. And last year we finished tied for last place in the East Division. At least Doc was ascending in wins at this point in his Marshall career. The only thing Fluff has done was yesterday (Notre Dame win). Fluff must go.
    « Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:25:16 PM by Lord Haw-Haw »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2024, 02:17:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Notre Dame? How did it work out vs Bowling Green
    I love it. You took the words out of my mouth!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: s1uggo

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2024, 02:23:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I agree fully, except I'm not a white trash full of hate fan. You can't hate Huff in here, or else some people in here will say that you are playing the race card. Heck, we finished tied for last place in the East Division last season, people. I just want Huff gone, and it should have been after the Appalachian State game last fall. Just ask Andy Avalos. Boise State canned him prior to the end of his third season last year. And Avalos was an alum.
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 02:47:14 AM by Lord Haw-Haw »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2024, 07:37:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have Huff haters on here for sure. We also have some Doc suckers on here who want Huff to fail.

For the Doc Suckers, he would be in last place in the SBC if he was the coach. There was a reason he was "career" assistant. The school that knew him the best, wvu, never considered him as head coaching material.  What some of you don't know that Doc was fired because of his lack of control on players. Doc recruited a lot of players who had serious character flaws.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2024, 09:21:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have Huff haters on here for sure. We also have some Doc suckers on here who want Huff to fail.

For the Doc Suckers, he would be in last place in the SBC if he was the coach. There was a reason he was "career" assistant. The school that knew him the best, wvu, never considered him as head coaching material.  What some of you don't know that Doc was fired because of his lack of control on players. Doc recruited a lot of players who had serious character flaws.

There are also some of us that thought Doc was a decent coach and also knew it was time to move on.  We want MU to succeed and Huff has made some negative comments about MU and Huntington when he is getting paid almost a million dollars a year to promote the school I love.  Now it is time to cheer on the Herd as he is our coach this year and hope for an SBC Chpionship.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2024, 09:21:27 AM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2024, 10:38:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love it. You took the words out of my mouth!!!!!

Shall we list the great Docs blunder games? How much time you got?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #38 on: May 25, 2024, 10:51:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

For the record Doc and Huff suck

Carry on 😁

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, Herdalum94

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2024, 12:41:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shall we list the great Docs blunder games? How much time you got?
    irrelavent,  Doc was replaced because of that the new guy was suppose to bring us to the next level, but hasnt.  there wasnt to be any NTJT.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, muherd34, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline svherd

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2024, 01:47:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • irrelavent,  Doc was replaced because of that the new guy was suppose to bring us to the next level, but hasnt.  there wasnt to be any NTJT.

I am far from a Huff fan but Doc didn't have to deal with any of the portal, NIL crap Huff has. And it does makes a huge difference for a school like ours.  Huffs schedules are more difficult. You can look it up.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Offline muherd34

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2024, 07:44:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff seems like a cool dude and I would love for him to win a championship here.  However, history has shown that as Docs recruits have left, so has our win percentage in conference.  If me wanting us to finish better than tied for last in our division makes me white trash? then I guess I?m King of the trailer park.

PS.  Not a Doc guy either. 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2024, 02:43:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff seems like a cool dude and I would love for him to win a championship here.  However, history has shown that as Docs recruits have left, so has our win percentage in conference.  If me wanting us to finish better than tied for last in our division makes me white trash? then I guess I?m King of the trailer park.

cool dude?  how is that?

Offline muherd34

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2024, 06:37:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • cool dude?  how is that?

Very up beat.  Well spoken and connects with people.  Not that hard to understand.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2024, 06:48:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

First off it's 2 different conferences. And again Huff just needs to fix the most important position on the field and that is QB.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Online Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #45 on: May 28, 2024, 07:14:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here?s the deal, the guy has been absolutely hated on since our fanbase laid eyes on him.  We hate on him when he wins, we hate on him during basketball season, during the entire off season, before the first game?   

The ratio of hate vs support, posts on Herdfans is probably 150:1.   Before we have even played a game.  If you hold a position of respect for coach Huff and you post about it, you get bombarded by regulars who hate him.

It?s not a good look. 

If Coach Huff doesn?t make it here, I would hope he could walk away and say that we supported him and were decent to him and his family.

I apologize for the white trash comment.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2024, 07:18:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very up beat.  Well spoken and connects with people.  Not that hard to understand.

I just observed the opposite. Flew on the plane from clt to crw he didn?t interact w anyone.  Not the people who said go Herd as they walked past him on the plane, not the girls in MU gear sitting in front of him.  He didn?t say much to anyone.  I tried to say something n got shot down. He didn?t even follow FFA instructions and bring his seat back up fully and in a locked position
    How hard is that to understand
    « Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 07:22:11 PM by s1uggo »

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2024, 07:18:02 PM »

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2024, 08:41:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just observed the opposite. Flew on the plane from clt to crw he didn?t interact w anyone.  Not the people who said go Herd as they walked past him on the plane, not the girls in MU gear sitting in front of him.  He didn?t say much to anyone.  I tried to say something n got shot down. He didn?t even follow FFA instructions and bring his seat back up fully and in a locked position
    How hard is that to understand

This report hurts me more than it should.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2024, 08:52:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That win @ ND.  A Helluva coaching job.  Qb and OL problem + LB play shaky since Charlie Gray graduated

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2024, 09:01:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc's third year was a losing year. The trajectory is similar in that regard. Doc took a big jump in year 4 (2013). 

He fixed the offense in 2012 but there was no defense. We got MUCH better on defense in 2013. 

The problem is I don't like comparing them because college football has changed so drastically. Has nothing to do with our conference, either, but today's free for all that means you can't build a roster anymore at this level.

We are year to year and will be until something changes.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2024, 09:01:08 PM »