Author Topic: Recruiting for Basketball  (Read 22785 times)

Millhouse 2, Hoofbeat, HerdHopeful07, theherd0115691, MLBULL, Tim Hensley, herdthatandrew, scope58, Luke80 and 26 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Haveyouherd222

Re: Recruiting for Basketball
« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2024, 11:01:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We will be better this year, and I know what I know, but the staff can't wait until years 2 and 3.   Our NIL momentum is building, and we're going to have the capability to build our roster in a much different fashion.    You can watch from home if you want too, but if I had the chance to get tickets, I would.   

The following users thanked this post: jsbowen, horsrman, overherd1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #150 on: May 15, 2024, 11:01:09 AM »

Offline whf

« Reply #151 on: May 15, 2024, 11:30:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of you still think you are building teams by saying year 2-3. Year 2 will be tougher than this year. He won't have Oak and Martin to build around. He will basically be recruited an entire team year 2. This is the year he needs to succeed.
    I don't think Obinna and Martin are the prototypes Corny will expect to build a team around, I expect they'll both be mid to bottom tier of the players we'll see in Green and White soon.  Don't get me wrong, they both work hard, but they are at best, mid level mid major players.

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #152 on: May 15, 2024, 11:57:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Obinna and Martin are the prototypes Corny will expect to build a team around, I expect they'll both be mid to bottom tier of the players we'll see in Green and White soon.  Don't get me wrong, they both work hard, but they are at best, mid level mid major players.

Not saying they are all world. But they are better than anyone he has got so far. We are struggling to get guys period. Talk is cheap!!! I sure hope  we do start getting better than those guys.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Flat Tire 2, wlf, miltonherdfan

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #153 on: May 15, 2024, 11:59:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We will be better this year, and I know what I know, but the staff can't wait until years 2 and 3.   Our NIL momentum is building, and we're going to have the capability to build our roster in a much different fashion.    You can watch from home if you want too, but if I had the chance to get tickets, I would.

I have had season tickets for decades until last year when I dropped them. You could see that train wreck coming a mile away. I'll be back if CJ gives me reason to come back. It's simple as that.

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline bighat

« Reply #154 on: May 15, 2024, 02:38:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Don't let door hit you.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #155 on: May 15, 2024, 03:03:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Ok Dan!!!

The following users thanked this post: scope58

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #156 on: May 15, 2024, 04:07:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Obinna and Martin are the prototypes Corny will expect to build a team around, I expect they'll both be mid to bottom tier of the players we'll see in Green and White soon.  Don't get me wrong, they both work hard, but they are at best, mid level mid major players.
    How did you reach that conclusion based on the lack of results we presently see from Corny?

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #157 on: May 15, 2024, 05:02:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have we seen anything in the 2 months of Corny that would make us believe he was the correct choice?  We hired an assistant off of a losing team to replace the head coach of the same losing team.

Not one other team would have given Corny the reigns of their program.  I wanted to move on but I also hoped the new coach would be similar to Coach Caldwell and energize the team.
    « Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 08:05:43 PM by herd2win »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, herdfifteen, miltonherdfan

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #158 on: May 15, 2024, 06:59:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A bright spot is Fulford. The guy's track record is outstanding in recruiting and W/L record.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline herdfan93

« Reply #159 on: May 15, 2024, 10:38:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fulford is much more qualified for the HC position.  Will he be made coach in waiting?

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Online scope58

« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2024, 07:36:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Don?t let the door hit you going in .

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2024, 07:54:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We lack scorers.  Needs to come up with 30-40ppg between these last 2 scorers.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #161 on: May 16, 2024, 07:54:06 AM »

Offline bighat

« Reply #162 on: May 16, 2024, 08:40:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a fan board not a non-fan board.  If you do not want to get tickets don't.  But don't make it an issue with everyone else.

The following users thanked this post: gtrman4herd, horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #163 on: May 16, 2024, 08:54:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a fan board not a non-fan board.  If you do not want to get tickets don't.  But don't make it an issue with everyone else.

Some fans don't always swallow what they are fed. Some fans want better and don't just lay down money and accept what they are fed. But we can still be a fan and want better.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, Flat Tire 2, wlf, miltonherdfan, Herdalum94, scope58

Offline herd2win

« Reply #164 on: May 16, 2024, 09:03:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You can be a fan and not be a cheerleader.  Fans are allowed to be critical and always should be.  Fans want what's best for their team.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, wasbarryb, chris88, miltonherdfan, scope58

Offline svherd

« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2024, 09:29:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fulford is much more qualified for the HC position.  Will he be made coach in waiting?

That's my thinking. Fulford has the best resume on this staff by far. He may get a shot if Corny doesn't work out.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUonium

« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2024, 10:09:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't get Landon's  articles this morning with headline "Does MU hoops need more players?"

seems as if he writing to only people who don't follow Herd hoops or don't know anything about college basketball.  of course you fill all 13 scholarships and add a NIL/walk on or two!  this is strange behavior even for him.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2024, 03:01:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i don't get Landon's  articles this morning with headline "Does MU hoops need more players?"

seems as if he writing to only people who don't follow Herd hoops or don't know anything about college basketball.  of course you fill all 13 scholarships and add a NIL/walk on or two!  this is strange behavior even for him.

Or better known as his kind of people.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2024, 03:09:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We lack scorers.  Needs to come up with 30-40ppg between these last 2 scorers.

You do realize most of the time transfers numbers fluctuate based on style of play, minutes played etc... No guarantee that if we get 2 guys who average 18 points a game that they average 18 here and just because a guy averaged 7 somewhere else does not mean he can't get 12 a game here.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2024, 03:10:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• I have had season tickets for decades until last year when I dropped them. You could see that train wreck coming a mile away. I'll be back if CJ gives me reason to come back. It's simple as that.

Turned your back on the program quicker than you changed your narrative on you buddy Dan...incredible stuff

Offline bighat

« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2024, 03:27:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust does not care he is just trying to prove a point.

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2024, 03:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW: Pete Moe has signed with D2 Barry.
    https://gobarrybucs.com/news/2024/5/15/mens-basketball-adds-d-i-post-transfer-pete-moe.aspx

I know several longtime ticket holders who have dropped/dropping their season basketball tickets. Some have told me that that were taking a wait and see attitude and others are just not happy with the new coach selection process. It is their and money and I don't think it is anyone business what they do with their money. 

The following users thanked this post: chris88, wlf, miltonherdfan, scope58, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2024, 03:53:06 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2024, 03:55:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bust does not care he is just trying to prove a point.

Quiet boy this board is for serious posters. Enough of your nonsense!!

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2024, 03:58:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FWIW: Pete Moe has signed with D2 Barry.
    https://gobarrybucs.com/news/2024/5/15/mens-basketball-adds-d-i-post-transfer-pete-moe.aspx

I know several longtime ticket holders who have dropped/dropping their season basketball tickets. Some have told me that that were taking a wait and see attitude and others are just not happy with the new coach selection process. It is their and money and I don't think it is anyone business what they do with their money.

Come on FT2, bighead says follow blindly and lay your money down. Personally I hope CJ tears it up and wins about 5 straight SB championships. But up to this point there isn't anything exciting happened. Maybe that will change?

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2024, 04:19:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Turned your back on the program quicker than you changed your narrative on you buddy Dan...incredible stuff

As anyone should have and most did. I gave Dan longer than I should have while he run a kindergarten program. But I even I had had enough. The one thing I will give CJ credit for is he is recruiting harder in one year than Danny did in 10. Now it's whether he can seal the deal.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2024, 04:19:47 PM »