Author Topic: Is Marshall QB Chase Litton on verge of huge game?  (Read 1813 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Is Marshall QB Chase Litton on verge of huge game?
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    “People can say what they want, but [offensive coordinator Bill] Legg does a tremendous job of setting plays up,” Litton said. “Cincinnati week, that was all him. That wasn’t us, that was all him. We executed.

“Last week, we didn’t execute that well, and that’s what happens when you score 38 points and 14 points. It’s not play-calling, it’s not game-planning. Didn’t finish.”

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/is-marshall-qb-chase-litton-on-verge-of-huge-game/article_cb0b35b2-51cb-5720-bb09-9f21bf0ffdc3.html

HerdFans.com

Is Marshall QB Chase Litton on verge of huge game?
    « on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »

Offline chris88

Re: Is Marshall QB Chase Litton on verge of huge game?
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:58:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As bad as ODU's defense is one would hope.  Consider ODU gave up about 300 yds to Albany or whoever the lower division opponent was and then over 550 yds to Va Tech, UNC, and FAU.....even with VT and UNC calling off dogs.  If we can stop their running game we should win by 3 td+ imo.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Apollo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As bad as ODU's defense is one would hope.  Consider ODU gave up about 300 yds to Albany or whoever the lower division opponent was and then over 550 yds to Va Tech, UNC, and FAU.....even with VT and UNC calling off dogs.  If we can stop their running game we should win by 3 td+ imo.
    Should have beat Charlotte by at least that too, but...

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The ODU game shapes up as a tale of two QBs: one a 17 year-old freshman and the other a junior trying to find consistency. On paper, MU has a huge advantage in this matchup.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 08:29:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off, I think those are great things for Litton to say.  He has definitely matured over the past year.

Secondly, I don't agree with him.  But those are the things that Litton has to say and think.  Legg is the OC.  That isn't going to change.  Kudos to Litton.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, The E-Man, GoHerd2112

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:15:37 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • 3 out of the last 4 games were away.  Home game with a large crowd and an iffy ODU defense.  I'd say he is due.
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • The offense struggled against lowly teams Kent and Charlotte.  Either the coaches have an issue with getting the team up to play, or there is a serious problem with the offense.  ODU should be a 20 point win at minimum.  If the offense continues to struggle against clearly inferior teams it increases the odds of biting us against stronger teams.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88, Apollo, The E-Man

Offline jstherd

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:48:24 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]3
  • Where did all these naysayers come from? Are you guys never satisfied? Are you BB first fans who are lukewarm about FB success? Do you piss and moan about life in general? We are 4 - 1. At the end of the season, people don't care about yardage, scores, etc. They remember W and Ls. I'm excited about tomorrow. I support the team.  I love winning and hate losing. If we pile up big numbers and win, I sleep well. If we don't pile up big numbers and win, I sleep well. If we lose I piss and moan like you guys are doing now while we're winning!  I am a MARSHALL man.

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Big City, backontrack, shilolg

Offline bighat

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 09:55:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just win!!!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Where did all these naysayers come from? Are you guys never satisfied? Are you BB first fans who are lukewarm about FB success? Do you piss and moan about life in general? We are 4 - 1. At the end of the season, people don't care about yardage, scores, etc. They remember W and Ls. I'm excited about tomorrow. I support the team.  I love winning and hate losing. If we pile up big numbers and win, I sleep well. If we don't pile up big numbers and win, I sleep well. If we lose I piss and moan like you guys are doing now while we're winning!  I am a MARSHALL man.

You are right about just winning. But at the same time people aren't stupid. They know and can see when a team should be at least 4-6TD's better than another team and scrapes by. People also know that Kent, Charlotte and Miami is about as bad if not as bad as college football gets. And we struggled badly with all 3. Any team may have a let down once in a blue moon. But we have struggled with every team we have played that was bad. So yes, i'm happy we won but not very satisfied at all in how we did it. Would you be happy Marshall beating Wayne High School every week? Yep it would be a win, but I couldn't get excited about that. Maybe this week we can destroy another weak team and prove we are better than just a small notch better than the worst teams in the country. Should be at least a 24 point victory over ODU. GO HERD!!!!!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Apollo, goherd24

Offline MUonium

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 10:30:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • when i look at CUSA or G5 this year i see a box of chocolates, lol.  some of these teams are yet to have surprising wins and loses just like every year.  no one is a king or pauper till the fat lady sings.  of those in CUSA/G5 who might be considered on the upward trend, Herd is on the first page of that list, so what more could i ask for at the present time? 

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

You couldn’t be more wrong about me. I guess you don’t read a lot of my posts.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 10:52:05 AM »

Offline jstherd

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 11:03:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • herdorbust, you are one of the BB first guys that always want to set the bar high for FB, and when they do well you bad mouth the conference, the schedule, the lack of offense. Doc, and many other stupid (your word) things that downplay the FB team's success. As I said earlier, there is nothing wrong with being a BB first fan, but, please don't belittle the FB teams's success. It makes you look stupid.

I

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 11:18:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People have been talking about Legg for a long time.  It didn't just start this year. 

I applaud Chase for shouldering the burden and sticking up for his coach.  With that said, our offensive struuggles have been going on for some time.  We consistenly under perform.  We havent scored more than 40 all year even though we've played one of the weakest schedules in FBS.  That is a result of our coaching.  Well coached teams execute consistently and poorly coached ones dont.  Right now our offense is poorly designed (same stuff everybody knows we run) and most of the time (with exception of one game and perhaps another half) poorly executed. 

I hope Chase and the offense do have a big game and big second half of the season.  They are working hard and I am certainly pulling for them.
    « Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:23:04 AM by HERDFAN1999 »
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Apollo

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 12:09:18 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • herdorbust, you are one of the BB first guys that always want to set the bar high for FB, and when they do well you bad mouth the conference, the schedule, the lack of offense. Doc, and many other stupid (your word) things that downplay the FB team's success. As I said earlier, there is nothing wrong with being a BB first fan, but, please don't belittle the FB teams's success. It makes you look stupid.

I

Not understanding the arguments about SOS, weak conference, lack of offense, etc. and thinking they aren't valid reasons for discourse among fans are what makes you look that way. The pot calling the kettle...

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, QuickStrike

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 07:14:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I

That is your opinion. DD has gotten better every year he has been here and still building with 2018-2019 being one of the best teams we have ever had here. Yes I said it and make me eat my words. Doc had 3 bad years and then caught fire with Cato and the recruiting of Seider and had a couple good years after CUSA was gutted. Then last year he produced the worst Marshall team since right after the plane crash. This year we are 4-1 and yes that is good. But he hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse and struggled to beat those teams. Yes this team is better and that is great. But how could it not be? When you start at ground zero there is nowhere to go but up. And the trouble is it doesn't look like we have anyone on the schedule that will tell us how good we are. This may be the worst year CUSA has been in football since it was gutted. At least WKU, LT or someone was solid. Not this year. Those are just the facts. Doc has been here what 7-8 years and ONE conference titles in this league. And yes the football side is worse than the basketball side. They both have some horrible teams at the bottom. But MTSU did beat a team Mich St that was supposed to be in the Final 4 by most experts. ODU, LT, WKU, UAB and MTSU are always solid. Both sides are weak but football in this conference is embarrassing. And yes I am basketball first but that doesn't mean I don't want football to do very well. Doc could make one move and change it all IMO. Get rid of Legg and get someone that has a clue. But he is so stubborn he would rather be mediocre than owning this conference. It's just that simple. It doesn't matter if we win 2 more games or win out in this weak conference. Guess what kind of bowl game we will get? Yep the same type!!!!

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is your opinion. DD has gotten better every year he has been here and still building with 2018-2019 being one of the best teams we have ever had here. Yes I said it and make me eat my words. Doc had 3 bad years and then caught fire with Cato and the recruiting of Seider and had a couple good years after CUSA was gutted. Then last year he produced the worst Marshall team since right after the plane crash. This year we are 4-1 and yes that is good. But he hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse and struggled to beat those teams. Yes this team is better and that is great. But how could it not be? When you start at ground zero there is nowhere to go but up. And the trouble is it doesn't look like we have anyone on the schedule that will tell us how good we are. This may be the worst year CUSA has been in football since it was gutted. At least WKU, LT or someone was solid. Not this year. Those are just the facts. Doc has been here what 7-8 years and ONE conference titles in this league. And yes the football side is worse than the basketball side. They both have some horrible teams at the bottom. But MTSU did beat a team Mich St that was supposed to be in the Final 4 by most experts. ODU, LT, WKU, UAB and MTSU are always solid. Both sides are weak but football in this conference is embarrassing. And yes I am basketball first but that doesn't mean I don't want football to do very well. Doc could make one move and change it all IMO. Get rid of Legg and get someone that has a clue. But he is so stubborn he would rather be mediocre than owning this conference. It's just that simple. It doesn't matter if we win 2 more games or win out in this weak conference. Guess what kind of bowl game we will get? Yep the same type!!!!

Herdorbust, I appreciate your BB practice updates, more than you, TRS or Herdmeister can ever know.

But Jstherd has some meat in his comparison to FB and your comments. I agree DD has been much more transparent and open in his dialogue with folks who come to watch. But large FB organizations will never be at that same level of openness. And we are speaking of practice, not in season before games.

And I also do not like the off season lack of communication from Doc or the team. But I also have seen enough changes to get to 4-1 and hopefully 5-1. So your FB comments seem to show your bias.

You live with what you say, once it's out can't get back.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 08:52:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all have an opinion. I'm just not excited about struggling with Kent, Miami O, and Charlotte. The fanbase has went backwards 30 years in what the expectations used to be. We used to expect to destroy teams this bad. Now we are happy we squeak out a win. But that is just my opinion

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, goherd24

Offline Apollo

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 09:05:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all have an opinion. I'm just not excited about struggling with Kent, Miami O, and Charlotte. The fanbase has went backwards 30 years in what the expectations used to be. We used to expect to destroy teams this bad. Now we are happy we squeak out a win. But that is just my opinion
    Definitely not just yours.  ;)

Offline GoHerd2112

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 06:39:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would love to see Litton light it up today.
    He can flat out make some good throws. Wish he would go downfield a little more often.
    Seems to me he's been making some throws lately after being flushed out of the pocket.

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase missed a few last week but the throw that Yuri dropped in the endzone was made rolling all the way to the boundary back across his body and from about 35 yds hit the TE in the hands, Unbelievable toss. Hope he does better today!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 07:34:19 AM »