Author Topic: Smock article on Herd bball  (Read 753 times)

Offline yogiherd

Smock article on Herd bball
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smock's latest story on Herd bball has this little bit of info about next year's schedule.

"Marshall’s 2018-19 nonconference season is falling into place, with games set against Virginia, Maryland and either Utah or Creighton (in a tournament.)"
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

Smock article on Herd bball
    « on: October 13, 2017, 01:55:24 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

Re: Smock article on Herd bball
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smock's latest story on Herd bball has this little bit of info about next year's schedule.

"Marshall’s 2018-19 nonconference season is falling into place, with games set against Virginia, Maryland and either Utah or Creighton (in a tournament.)"

Plus Danny has already told us that we will have a 5 day road trip in which we play Washington State and Gonzaga. I may try to make that one myself.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUonium

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 07:34:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • another piece(s) of the puzzle for an exciting and potential relevance for Herd Mens' BB.  new opponents and places on the schedule is a bonus and exposure for what i call DD's "make the Herd great again" program.  new faces on the roster and the wait for eligible players is a bit of a cause for anxiety, in a glass half full way (what other way is there?).
    like the broken record says, we hope Bennett, for one, will be maturing and ready to go with the rest of what should be a pretty darn good, full roster by then.
    i hope for the day that the Herd can be considered to be, at least, somewhat like the "Memphis" of CUSA days. 

one year at a time,  though.  GO HERD

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:28:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The tougher the schedule the better imo. I know we cant get certain teams to come here but just get them on the schedule.  I would also like to see us in some early season tournaments . Playing tougher teams will make us a tougher team.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That would be 5 very good teams. Danny knows 2018-2019 will be the year that we could play with anyone in the country. I personally think it could be the best and deepest team Marshall has ever put on the floor. Make some noise boys!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, goherd14562

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • another piece(s) of the puzzle for an exciting and potential relevance for Herd Mens' BB.  new opponents and places on the schedule is a bonus and exposure for what i call DD's "make the Herd great again" program.  new faces on the roster and the wait for eligible players is a bit of a cause for anxiety, in a glass half full way (what other way is there?).
    like the broken record says, we hope Bennett, for one, will be maturing and ready to go with the rest of what should be a pretty darn good, full roster by then.
    i hope for the day that the Herd can be considered to be, at least, somewhat like the "Memphis" of CUSA days. 

one year at a time,  though.  GO HERD

Talked to Bennett for awhile after practice yesterday. Says he is working hard and loves it here. He said he is itching for Dec when he can start practicing. Unless you have seen him up close in person, you can't imagine how massive and strong this kid is. And he isn't fat but just massive. He said he was at 330 now and would like to get to 290. But I really think that is going to be pushing it. He has such a big frame he looks good now the way he has been working out. If he does get to 290-300 I can't imagine what he could do.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 10:18:35 AM »