Author Topic: Friday Basketball  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Friday Basketball
« on: October 12, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As many of you know, CUSA is sending a gentleman to speak and make a presentation to Herd fans concerning CUSA basketball.
    He will be speaking Friday at 1:30 in the Hartley Room in the Henderson Center. Danny is encouraging all that can come to be there to watch, listen and ask questions.
    Practice will follow in Gullickson Hall. The change in venue is necessitated due to the women having a volleyball game at 6:00 pm.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

Friday Basketball
    « on: October 12, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: Friday Basketball
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ill be there. Can't wait to hear what the speaker has to say. Today was another great practice for Bledsoe. Someone turned a light switch on for him. He is becoming a rebounding machine and is becoming very aggressive.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, lexkyherdfan

Offline Apollo

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Take notes!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 07:27:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Take notes!

I've had 2-3 others tell me the same thing.
    Danny mentioned to me last night that this will be interesting.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline Apollo

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 07:45:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've had 2-3 others tell me the same thing.
    That sounds like it could go either way. Hopefully there's some good news to come out of it.

Offline HerdFanJ

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've had 2-3 others tell me the same thing.

Facebook live? 

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 12:35:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't be there, but here are some suggested talking points:

1st:  There are only 4 Texas teams in C-USA.  Having the tournament at the Cowboys facility means nothing to most of the conference.  Especially since none of the current Texas teams have been dominant in any major sport.

2nd:  Conference needs to get as much exposure as possible.  Being on the ESPN3 platform is a good option to get exposure.

3rd:  Setting up the Conference tournament like an AAU tournament is not a step in the right direction.  It is an embarrassment.

4th:  New conference leadership may be needed to address these issues, based on the fumbling decisions the Commissioner has made concerning football.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Apollo, MidlandKnight

Offline Apollo

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

1st:  There are only 4 Texas teams in C-USA.  Having the tournament at the Cowboys facility means nothing to most of the conference.  Especially since none of the current Texas teams have been dominant in any major sport.

2nd:  Conference needs to get as much exposure as possible.  Being on the ESPN3 platform is a good option to get exposure.

3rd:  Setting up the Conference tournament like an AAU tournament is not a step in the right direction.  It is an embarrassment.

4th:  New conference leadership may be needed to address these issues, based on the fumbling decisions the Commissioner has made concerning football.

Amen!

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

This! Blows my mind that we hold our tournaments far away from the schools who have basketball fans; Marshall, MTSU, UNCC, Old Dominion, and WKU. A basketball tournament in Texas (outside of UTEP) is a joke!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll just say today was very productive and was impressed with the speaker. They are being proactive and I think this guy gets it.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline Apollo

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll just say today was very productive and was impressed with the speaker. They are being proactive and I think this guy gets it.

Do you have the cliff notes version to share?

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 08:25:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Care to let us know?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 08:25:21 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They have a different type of conference scheduling plan they are proposing along with other ideas in how to get more than 1 NCAA bid.
    It has not yet been approved by CUSA membership. They are rolling it out to all league schools 1 by 1. So far 5 have seen the proposal and all seem to like it.
    The proposal could be voted on by the presidents as soon as January with possible implementation by next year.
    Until all have seen it and it being voted on, the speaker ask that we NOT publicize this. There was one sportswriter in the room. He was asked to please keep this off the record.
    I'm sorry we can't say anymore about it but it is really out of the box thinking. Great to see our conference take the initiative to get some leverage over other mid major conferences.
    I would discuss this with friends but will NOT put it in writing. So please, do not ask me to give you details in a private message.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 10:39:47 AM »