Author Topic: what ........  (Read 2842 times)

Offline NewBombTerk

On Halloween night 1965, The Beverly Hills Residents Assocoation wants to tear down TUBBY'S DRIVE INN and one year later open an office building. For one last night The "HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS" reigned supreme and left their mark on Beverly Hills forever !

HerdFans.com

what ........
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:08:45 PM »

Offline jstherd

Re: what ........
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 06:15:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • The attrition rate (percentage) seems to be greater for BB than FB.

Offline whf

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 06:35:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • Is it time to attack DD on attrition?  Couldn't resist.

Offline herd2win

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 07:01:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • It is a fair criticism...you only have 12 guys on basketball so we just lost almost 10% of our team...

Offline svherd

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • That hurts for the future. If we win 15 games this year, that will be good. Just not convinced we can hold our own on the boards and in the middle. That said, IF we can get Jon Elmore to stay next year, we can have a great year. Jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:17:53 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • a NQ that isn't even allowed to join team or practice with the team "leaves" the team.   :o :o :o

one that I've read plenty of criticism on various boards about whether or not he has the ability to ever do anything at MU based on stats/playing time at prep school.

nothing to see here folks.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 07:26:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His mother insisted that he come home. No fault of Tanner or the MU staff for that matter.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • Idk how you can say there is nothing to see here. I've been one of Dantoni's biggest supporters but we just lost our "big recruit" from last year's class, the guy that the staff, the media and those closest to the program told us was a "game changer" a "baby shaq" once he became eligible. This was a guy paired with Elmore next year that was supposed to give us the toughness and inside presence we'd been missing to take us to the next level and now we are being told "nothing to see here?"

Sorry, not buying that. There is plenty to see here and what I see is a basketball program that's small, weak and short handed. We are heading backwards.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Idk how you can say there is nothing to see here. I've been one of Dantoni's biggest supporters but we just lost our "big recruit" from last year's class, the guy that the staff, the media and those closest to the program told us was a "game changer" a "baby shaq" once he became eligible. This was a guy paired with Elmore next year that was supposed to give us the toughness and inside presence we'd been missing to take us to the next level and now we are being told "nothing to see here?"

Sorry, not buying that. There is plenty to see here and what I see is a basketball program that's small, weak and short handed. We are heading backwards.

You have Tanner confused with Iran Bennett. He is the "Baby Shaq". Robinette certainly had promise but was in no way what we expect from Iran
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have Tanner confused with Iran Bennett. He is the "Baby Shaq". Robinette certainly had promise but was in no way what we expect from Iran

You are correct, it's early I just woke up lol.. i read that and immediately thought of Bennett

The following users thanked this post: FlyHawk98

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 07:36:58 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are correct, it's early I just woke up lol.. i read that and immediately thought of Bennett

It's ok   ;D
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • You are correct, it's early I just woke up lol.. i read that and immediately thought of Bennett

think before you speak.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »

Offline chris88

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2017, 08:07:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His mother insisted that he come home. No fault of Tanner or the MU staff for that matter.

I don't want to infringe on the kids privacy, but why the heck would a mother do that??  Family emergency or she just missed her boy? Maybe she was seeing too much of the drug issues in area?  Was he depressed?  Just perplexing to me.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline svherd

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2017, 08:08:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just under the impression we expected him to get eligible for next year and contribute. If not, why go to the trouble to recruit the young man. Hopefully DD can pull in an eligible bigs for the next class.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2017, 09:57:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was just under the impression we expected him to get eligible for next year and contribute. If not, why go to the trouble to recruit the young man. Hopefully DD can pull in an eligible bigs for the next class.

We did expect that. Danny thought he would contribute. It is a loss for sure, but not a devastating one.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 10:23:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like Herdmeister said....It had nothing to do with Tanner or the staff or Huntington for that matter. It was all from his mother (head scratcher for sure)

Offline Apollo

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 11:15:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • With the drug epidemic going on here, you have to expect some parents are steering their kids elsewhere because of it. Not saying this is why in this case, idk, but most certainly a possibility for losing some here and there.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]-2
  • think before you speak.

Like I said, I had literally been up 10 minutes, read it and totally thought Bennett and was like "how the hell can that not be a loss?" Lol.. My bad on jumping the confusion.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 11:44:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The drug epidemic is everywhere. I hated to lose the kid but he was not the type of loss that would hurt the program. Danny will now have 2 scholarships to give and will most likely sign 3.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2017, 01:44:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The drug epidemic is everywhere. I hated to lose the kid but he was not the type of loss that would hurt the program. Danny will now have 2 scholarships to give and will most likely sign 3.
    Oh I agree, but you know what is said about perception and with the publicity we've gotten about it lately, we look a lot worse than others even though that may not be true. It's what people see on tv and the papers.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline chris88

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh I agree, but you know what is said about perception and with the publicity we've gotten about it lately, we look a lot worse than others even though that may not be true. It's what people see on tv and the papers.

And don't think for a second that other coaches won't bring it up if given the chance.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

Offline Herd-nficent

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]4
  • Don't worry.....we'll lose the other "big guy" too.

We get on Doc for attrition so don't spare Danny.  This years team will be almost unrecognizable from last year.
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We get on Doc for attrition so don't spare Danny.  This years team will be almost unrecognizable from last year.

???

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005

Offline MUonium

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 09:45:55 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

you should just go ahead and tell DD to send him packing now.  or you could go up to Bennett and tell him to get packin and get out now.  that way you could become famous for your prophecy sooner than later

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »
  • [Like]5
  • [Dislike]0
  • In basketball, the Herd has lost 6 scholarship athletes since the end of last season - Taylor, Browning, Nikolic, Loop, Thompson, and Allison. 5 of those 6 left with Marshall diplomas in hand. Taylor, Browning, and Nikolic are all playing pro ball overseas. Thompson will be playing as a graduate transfer this year at Wake Forest, but would still be here if he had been accepted into the Marshall Medical School. Loop will no doubt be successful in whatever career he decides to pursue. Only Allison left without a diploma, and he transferred to a junior college. So let me know when scholarship football departees are graduating at an 83% rate, and then we can have this debate.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, 2xBison, chris88, Apollo, herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 10:14:04 PM »