Author Topic: Travon Van gone  (Read 3439 times)

Offline 2xBison

Travon Van gone
« on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Redd tweeted than Van has told followers he has been granted release.  Doc says will talk after season.

Bottom line...if you move to safety you may be moving out of the program - see Korn and Van
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

Travon Van gone
    « on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »

Offline HerdBlizz

Re: Travon Van gone
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 02:07:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I Vote RIPPON to Safety.

Offline desertthunder

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 02:13:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He won't be the last one.

Offline s1uggo

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Redd tweeted than Van has told followers he has been granted release.  Doc says will talk after season.

Bottom line...if you move to safety you may be moving out of the program - see Korn and Van

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.  (mostly shocked because it took this long).  this tells me alot about this player, and that Doc made the right decsion to go with the other guys.

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc says he didn't grant any release.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 02:29:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to see Van go. It's to bad Travon didn't fit in as a running back here. He had his chances to produce and it never happend. Travon played his heart out for us, I wish him the best where ever he ends up playing football.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 02:35:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Willy Korn came to Marshall after the coaches at a BCS school (Clemson) concluded he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted. He left Marshall after the coaches decided he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted to play, but might be successful in another position. He is now playing the position he wants with a 3-6 record at what is little more than a community college. I hope he is happy; his football playing carreer is over in two months.

Travon Van came to Marshall after successful coaches at a BCS school decided he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted, but might succeed at a different position. After heavily investing himself in Van the Marshall Coach realized Mr. Van wasn’t the most qualified to play the position he wanted to play, but had a chance to succeed elsewhere. The Marshall Coach has said they will talk, I doubt Mr. Van is going to listen. He too will most likely end his playing days somewhere else at the college level.

There are an awful lot of members of the everybody wins and deserves a trophy generation who need to learn that people who tell them something other than what they want to hear aren’t necessarily their enemy. Sometimes people telling you what you don’t want to hear are trying to help you out. Being unwilling to accept bad news and dealing with it are difficult things to accept, but a sign of maturity. Too many of these coddled prima donnas’s need to grow up.

Online herd2win

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not that old but I do believe their is a massive entitlement feeling among today's youth and college students as a whole.  Everyone seems to be waiting for some form of hand out or message of gratification.

We all wanted Van to succeed but he did not perform.  I was waiting last year at the WVU game for him to gain 200 yards after all of the hype he was given.  I wish him well whether he stays at MU or transfers.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Willy Korn came to Marshall after the coaches at a BCS school (Clemson) concluded he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted. He left Marshall after the coaches decided he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted to play, but might be successful in another position. He is now playing the position he wants with a 3-6 record at what is little more than a community college. I hope he is happy; his football playing carreer is over in two months.

Travon Van came to Marshall after successful coaches at a BCS school decided he wasn’t qualified to play the position he wanted, but might succeed at a different position. After heavily investing himself in Van the Marshall Coach realized Mr. Van wasn’t the most qualified to play the position he wanted to play, but had a chance to succeed elsewhere. The Marshall Coach has said they will talk, I doubt Mr. Van is going to listen. He too will most likely end his playing days somewhere else at the college level.

There are an awful lot of members of the everybody wins and deserves a trophy generation who need to learn that people who tell them something other than what they want to hear aren’t necessarily their enemy. Sometimes people telling you what you don’t want to hear are trying to help you out. Being unwilling to accept bad news and dealing with it are difficult things to accept, but a sign of maturity. Too many of these coddled prima donnas’s need to grow up.

Actually I believe that Korn ended his career last year at North Greenville. The team had a winning record (9-2) and his stats were ok. 178-289-2525 with 27 TD's and 8 INT's. Of course condider that that is a Div II school.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • from Redd at Daily Mail:

"To Be honest I got Release 2 weeks ago," Van tweeted. "My mom is real sick so Marshall is helping me get closer to her."

Holliday said he has not signed a release for Van and the two will talk after the season.

"Travon's got a mom that's extremely sick," he said. "He's got some personal issues at home. We'll deal with that once the season's over. Him and I will need to talk at some point at the end of the season if that's the case. Travon's a great kid and his mom has some personal issues, health-wise, that are extremely tough."

Holliday also said Van was still unable to play due to an unspecified injury. He had said earlier the injury had caused numbness in one of Van's arms.

Something here just doesn't add up.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 03:16:02 PM by VA Herd Fan »
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • from Redd at Daily Mail:

"To Be honest I got Release 2 weeks ago," Van tweeted. "My mom is real sick so Marshall is helping me get closer to her."

Holliday said he has not signed a release for Van and the two will talk after the season.

"Travon's got a mom that's extremely sick," he said. "He's got some personal issues at home. We'll deal with that once the season's over. Him and I will need to talk at some point at the end of the season if that's the case. Travon's a great kid and his mom has some personal issues, health-wise, that are extremely tough."

Holliday also said Van was still unable to play due to an unspecified injury. He had said earlier the injury had caused numbness in one of Van's arms.

Something here just doesn't add up.

You don't need a release to transfer schools, you need a release to play football. If Momma was the only concern, this release discussion wouldn't be a issue.

Offline clovenhoof

Re: Re: Travon Van gone
    « Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure his mom has issues, if he says she does. The rest of it sounds like BS.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 03:54:06 PM »

Offline 36thunder

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yea korn doesn't play anymore. He led his team to 9-3 and 11-3 the past two seasons.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm sure his mom has issues, if he says she does. The rest of it sounds like BS.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Why would someone lie about their Mom being sick?

Offline goherd24

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 04:30:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Told you guys Van is no hero and no character guy for switching positions. Also said he would be gone at end of season. He has not been injured and wasn't the whole time, he just doesn't want to play anything but RB. Doc is helping him save face and he will be released.

Wish the kid well, and glad he isn't still playing RB for us. Now if only Doc would allow Rippon the honor of sacrificing for the team and switching to say..... equipment manager, then we are set. :).

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why would someone lie about their Mom being sick?

If you read what I wrote: I'm SURE his mom has issues... that's what I wrote. Just find it curious that he's benched, now he wants to transfer. Why not sit the rest of the year, heal up, take care of his mom, then complete his commitment to the Herd.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • when it was announced that he was moving to defense, I knew something was up. When he didn't see any action on defense, and people saw him at the Pub acting like he was fine, it through up a red flag. The whole time Doc was saying he was injured but he never mentioned his mother being sick. I understand about player confidentiality, but how is that different now with him mentioning it instead of back then. Something smells very fishy.

Offline Slice11

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good Lord I hope this doesn't turn into a "bash Van" thread.  

If I wasn't from around here and saw there was no chance of playing the position I wanted to while I was here, I'd be gone.

Offline whf

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's see, new law of the universe...

You CAN NOT be hurt or injured AND your mother be sick at the same time.  This is impossible and absolutely not achievable.  This condition can not exist on our earth.

I understand there may be tom-fullery going on here, but why question someone's integrity as they try to figure things out.  My bet is both are true, and that it isn't worth it to play here on defense when he could certainly do that somewhere closer to his ailing mom After his injury heals.

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As opposed to another conspiracy, is it at all possible that:

1. He is injured AND...
    2. His mother is sick and he would like to be closer to her AND...
    3. He and Holiday are on the same page regarding a "release" but there is some miscommunication in explaining it?
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:28:45 PM by IM4DHERD »
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline goherdies

• Varsity
    « Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 05:35:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good Lord I hope this doesn't turn into a "bash Van" thread.  

If I wasn't from around here and saw there was no chance of playing the position I wanted to while I was here, I'd be gone.

Unfortunately it already has. Grant him the release. Holiday has obviously decided he can't help us so we should let him go. And this isn't just on Van about playing RB, that is where our coaches told him he would play too. They don't want him at RB anymore, which is absolutely fine but give him a release and let he play a position he enjoys.

It's just a game and it is just college.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you read what I wrote: I'm SURE his mom has issues... that's what I wrote. Just find it curious that he's benched, now he wants to transfer. Why not sit the rest of the year, heal up, take care of his mom, then complete his commitment to the Herd.

OK, my bad!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 05:38:18 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you read what I wrote: I'm SURE his mom has issues... that's what I wrote. Just find it curious that he's benched, now he wants to transfer. Why not sit the rest of the year, heal up, take care of his mom, then complete his commitment to the Herd.

clovenhoof, I guess all Herd fans are on the edge, because of we are sick and tired of losing..

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 05:48:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • clovenhoof, I guess all Herd fans are on the edge, because of we are sick and tired of losing..

No problem. Sure AM sick of losing though. Van was/is also a special talent. The whole situation is just a big shame.

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Told you guys Van is no hero and no character guy for switching positions. Also said he would be gone at end of season. He has not been injured and wasn't the whole time, he just doesn't want to play anything but RB. Doc is helping him save face and he will be released.

Wish the kid well, and glad he isn't still playing RB for us. Now if only Doc would allow Rippon the honor of sacrificing for the team and switching to say..... equipment manager, then we are set. :).

Dude, have you seen the job that our equipment manager does? He's excellent and lets the fans see behind the scenes via twitter. I never flex mod muscles, but please don't insult him like that or you could be looking at a ban.  ;D

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 06:53:49 PM »