Author Topic: College players giving Praise!  (Read 7275 times)

Offline The E-Man

College players giving Praise!
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IT makes me feel so good to see a lot of college athletes give praise to almighty God. Colt McCoy tonight was giving a lot of praise. Tim Tebow and Marc Ingram, both give praise all the time. It really ticks me off when people attack these fine young men, especially Tim Tebow.....
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:47:04 AM by The E-Man »

HerdFans.com

College players giving Praise!
    « on: January 08, 2010, 12:52:31 AM »

Offline hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    Re: College players giving Praise!
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 01:20:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I couldn't agree more!!!

Greg Adkins

Offline jamez009

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 01:21:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • +1

~j

Offline jt

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 02:26:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IT makes me feel so good to see a lot of college athletes give praise to almighty God. Colt McCoy tonight was giving a lot of praise. Tim Tebow and Marc Ingram, both give praise all the time. It really ticks me off when people attack these fine young men, especially Tim Tebow.....

Amen, brother, rave on!!!!!   It even made sitting through the entire game rewarding for my not-too-patient wife.

I really felt for McCoy with the stupid phrasing of the question by the idiot sideline reporter. He was so broken up but God gave him the strength to recover and, I believe, breathed the right words into him.  Very inspiring indeed...
    Go HERD!!!

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 02:30:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First thing McCoy said after beating ohio state last year was,
    "First thing I want to do is thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ."

Both he and Tebow are class acts, I don't care if you hate Florida or Texas you'd have to be stupid to not want either playing for you.

Best of luck to you Colt McCoy...I wish you coulda played with your men there tonight but fate has a funny way of showing itself. Heal up and destroy defenses on the next level.

Offline Pinkerton99

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:34:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear Jesus, thank you for injuring me in the first quarter. That Cody guy was mean! Peace out. -colt m.
    Note: I'm not Eric Pinkerton.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:48:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem is that Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are most likely much closer to Tiger Woods than Mother Teresa...just a wild guess...

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason people constantly get on Tebow's case is how ESPN shoves him down everybody's throat.  People get tired of it.  Now that doens't mean I don't like his character.  I think it is great that there are players like Tebow and McCoy out there that come across as good kids and have respect for everybody.  I love that in a kid...reminds me how our own Chad Pennington was.  If ESPN wasn't putting Tebow out there as much as they did... I don't think people would talk about him as much.

Online luvherd

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:53:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The reason people constantly get on Tebow's case is how ESPN shoves him down everybody's throat.  People get tired of it.  Now that doens't mean I don't like his character.  I think it is great that there are players like Tebow and McCoy out there that come across as good kids and have respect for everybody.  I love that in a kid...reminds me how our own Chad Pennington was.  If ESPN wasn't putting Tebow out there as much as they did... I don't think people would talk about him as much.

I agree, it is over pub beyond his control. Great young men. I'm afraid Tim's pub will really decline after the draft but I hope he does well.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

Offline korun

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FYI, praising god on the field has always been a "cool" thing to do when your an athlete. Doesn't mean a darn thing unless you prove it in your day to day life. I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I bet most of the players praised the alcohol and naked chicks at the party after the game as well. Jim Baker, Ted Haggard, and Richard Roberts made a career out of praising god and not playing sports. Didn't seem to work out well for them. I'm just saying....

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the best Tim Tebow story, IMO.  Awesome!

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow may have been shut out of this years college football awards show but he is a winner in the eyes of one special young lady. Twenty year old Kelly Faughnan of Clifton, Virginia was on Tebows arm as he walked the red carpet for the 2009 Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show. Kelly, a huge Gator fan, was diagnosed with a brain tumor one year ago. On the morning of her surgery to remove the tumor she asked her parents if they could go to Walt Disney World after her recovery. Her hope was to come to Disney for the awards show this December with the dream of seeing Tim Tebow. With a little Disney magic, not only did Kelly see Tebow but met and spent time with the Heisman Trophy winner. The night before the show he extended a special invitation to Kelly to join him on the red carpet.

Tim Tebow and his special red carpet guest at Walt Disney World

Offline Taft#1

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Those men , Baker and Haggard are men , don't put your faith in man , he will fail you every time . Those two QB's are fine young men , will they make it im the NFL ? I really don't thing it matters to them . It's all in how you are raised , it's obvious those two , and many others were raised pretty darn good .I would bet they have been made fun of for most of their lives because of their beliefs .

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 09:23:06 AM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the best Tim Tebow story, IMO.  Awesome!

Florida quarterback Tim Tebow may have been shut out of this years college football awards show but he is a winner in the eyes of one special young lady. Twenty year old Kelly Faughnan of Clifton, Virginia was on Tebows arm as he walked the red carpet for the 2009 Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show. Kelly, a huge Gator fan, was diagnosed with a brain tumor one year ago. On the morning of her surgery to remove the tumor she asked her parents if they could go to Walt Disney World after her recovery. Her hope was to come to Disney for the awards show this December with the dream of seeing Tim Tebow. With a little Disney magic, not only did Kelly see Tebow but met and spent time with the Heisman Trophy winner. The night before the show he extended a special invitation to Kelly to join him on the red carpet.

Tim Tebow and his special red carpet guest at Walt Disney World

What a great story.  I never paid much attention to Tebow before, but now I'm a fan.

Offline korun

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Im not questioning whether these people are true or not. Everything I seen about them shows that they are raised to respect people and be very good representer's of humanity in general. A quality that we don't see very often. But to defend them on a level that none of us really truly know about, well thats like the blind leading the blind. To me, if you ask what I think about these two QB's, I would respond that they seem like very nice young men who are setting themselves up to be good role models. But I know everyone has a dark side and we never really know till it comes out.

Offline wlf

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 09:48:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no respect for the devil's advocate.

Offline korun

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no respect for the devil's advocate.

I'm not religious, so how about agnostic advocate?

Offline Porkopolis

• All American
    • Member Since 10/2014
    « Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Poster A: "I personally know nothing about these young men, they must be models of sainthood like they appear."

Poster B: "I personally know nothing about these young men.  They must be slime balls using "God" for their own benefit."

Anyone see the similarity?

I prefer to take people at face value until they prove otherwise, but that doesn't mean I hero worship.  Both are fine young men (who coincidentally have fine young girlfriends).  I personally admire them both but don't believe for a second either one is perfect.  Most people say I'm a good, "Christian" guy.  But if you knew my inner thoughts, you'd think otherwise a lot of the time.  As so many have said "only God can judge me," or if you are a non-believer like my wife then no one has the right to judge you.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'd wonder if you say the same thing if someone praised Allah?

Online MUfan08

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2010, 10:52:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd wonder if you say the same thing if someone praised Allah?

It is only good if mentioned while eating children  :)

I Will Eat Your Children

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is only good if mentioned while eating children  :)

I Will Eat Your Children

No doubt.. or trying to blow up airplanes..

Offline Herd 90

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2010, 11:03:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or abortion clinics....or Olympic venues.

Offline herdgrad04

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I find it extemely ludacris how people can turn a nice poster concerning very nice and respectful young men into something very brutal.  I believe some people would try to argue with Jesus Christ himself.
    GO HERD OR GO HOME!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2010, 11:17:39 AM »

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The country (world) is replete with countless genuine God praisers. It does not seem to have much specific value other than to identify which God fearing club they belong to in order that you might know if it is the same as yours. These two fine men will demonstrate their character and God fearing qualitites through their actions, which appear to be honorable. How, or if, they mention God along the way is sometimes an interesting phenomenon.

Offline korun

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 11:32:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I find it extemely ludacris how people can turn a nice poster concerning very nice and respectful young men into something very brutal.  I believe some people would try to argue with Jesus Christ himself.

See, the issue I have is that I see these posts and feel that I have to now defend myself because if I posted a statement that " I really enjoy the way the player gave props to his coach and anyone else other then an invisible man in the sky", then you all would have a fit and slam my thread till it was removed. Its only fair that if you post your religious concerns in sports, then I post mine. Im open minded for the most part, but anytime you bring religion into the mix, its bound to turn ugly. I just hope these 2 players stay true to themselves and what they believe in and not give us a reason to frown upon their actions in the future. 

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem is that Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow are most likely much closer to Tiger Woods than Mother Teresa...just a wild guess...

I guess that you know very little about Tim Tebow. Yep, I guess he went on all those missions every summer so he could pick up girls.....
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »