Author Topic: Help get CSTV on cable and satellite  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Mako

Help get CSTV on cable and satellite
« on: January 12, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

HerdFans.com

« on: January 12, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »

Offline dshoe

cstv
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 04:42:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it's already available on Adelphia.....part of the digital tier

Offline Mako

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:32:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unfortunately, I'm not on Adelphia; I've got Charter.  More and more though, when it comes to sports, I'm seriously considering a move to one of the satellite providers (but I'm keeping my cable modem *_+!).
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline Blade

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 07:29:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Mako"
    Unfortunately, I'm not on Adelphia; I've got Charter.  More and more though, when it comes to sports, I'm seriously considering a move to one of the satellite providers (but I'm keeping my cable modem *_+!).

I'm in the same boat, MAKO.  However, I only get the 1.1 meg service at charter(I don't download much music).  I noticed that Verison has a high speed service that is nearly as fast.  Have you checked into that?  I'm seriously considering sattelite TV.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 08:17:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blade and Mako,

I have Dish Network and DSL service and love both.  The only problem currently with Dish is CSTV isn't offered.  I have sent emails to them about that.  Hopefully by August it will be picked up.  The good thing about Dish Network is you can get all the equipment free including HD equipment and DVR.  Also their is no service agreement.  I have their HD pack and it is nice just not enough channels yet.  If you have a HDTV, it will cost extra on Direct TV to get the HD receiver.

With DSL we have great service and it costs $29.99 but I am in Lexington so it may be different where you live.  Recently our cable service has increased the speed of cable internet but I don't know how much faster than DSL it is.  I am hoping to start playing playstation online soon so we will see how that goes.

Come August I am going to revisit what tv service I have because our cable currently offers CSTV.  If Dish doesn't offer it I will consider moving either to Cable or Direct TV (Unlikely because I don't have $300 to shell out for HD converter).

Offline Mako

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 08:56:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My problem with DSL isn't the service; it's where I live.  You've got to be within a certain distance of a phone hub to get DSL and I'm not.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

HerdFans.com

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 08:56:18 AM »