Author Topic: Welcome to the Herd  (Read 2000 times)

Offline MUther

Welcome to the Herd
« on: May 21, 2024, 03:53:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  ...picked Marshall over offers from Virginia Tech, Kansas State, West Virginia, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech, and SMU

https://hbcugameday.com/2024/05/20/top-transfer-in-hbcu-football-headed-to-sun-belt-conference/

HerdFans.com

Welcome to the Herd
    « on: May 21, 2024, 03:53:40 AM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    Re: Welcome to the Herd
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 06:03:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like him already

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Online overherd1

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 08:28:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Certainly looks like a good pick up.  Have to give it to Huff, he seems to be working hard to get players in.  Hope it works out to wins on the field!

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 08:54:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Eddie George is doing well as a HC

Online herd2win

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 09:10:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is a very good pickup.  He will be a difference maker.   Excited to see him wearing green.

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 09:20:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let?s get to work.  Like it.

Offline Sir Herd

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 10:14:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff has a likeable personality which makes players want to play for him. Now we just need to turn that into actual results on the field. This seems like a good signing, will see how it works out.

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2024, 08:09:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard him say it himself, Huff said they are working to be poised to be the G5 rep in the playoffs this year.  No joke, I about fell over. He was confident and straight faced; no BSing.  He and Spears clearly feel that the SBC is the top of the heap in G5, and maybe even ahead of one P5 now (this year).  This is great news, sure hope his heart and words aren't too far ahead of this team's capabilities.  He did make it clear that the talent on the team can do it if they can stay within the realms of reasonable healthiness; real minimal injuries.  I took this to mean that our second string guys couldn't get us there, but with their help, the first string can.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2024, 08:09:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We'll see Charlie. I wouldn't book tickets to the Access Bowl just yet. Three out of the last four games this season are on the road. And 7 out of the last 9 games have been losses.
    « Last Edit: May 21, 2024, 08:14:40 PM by Lord Haw-Haw »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 12:42:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We needed more speed.  Our team lacked it.  Hopefully we have it this year. 

The following users thanked this post: Skidude, HerdEcon

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 06:46:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard him say it himself, Huff said they are working to be poised to be the G5 rep in the playoffs this year.  No joke, I about fell over. He was confident and straight faced; no BSing.  He and Spears clearly feel that the SBC is the top of the heap in G5, and maybe even ahead of one P5 now (this year).  This is great news, sure hope his heart and words aren't too far ahead of this team's capabilities.  He did make it clear that the talent on the team can do it if they can stay within the realms of reasonable healthiness; real minimal injuries.  I took this to mean that our second string guys couldn't get us there, but with their help, the first string can.

Going from last place in the Sun Belt East to the playoffs in a single season would be a historic jump.  New offensive scheme plus new first team RB and QB.  New, unproven OC.  That would be an epic season.  Hollywood may come knocking.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 06:59:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we are going to be much better than people think. The only thing missing the last couple years was offense and mainly QB. I think the Wake transfer is going to be pretty kid. And then a much better system will also play a role. We have had a good enough defense and if the offense just becomes decent instead of non existent then we will be right there.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 06:59:06 PM »

Offline banker

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2024, 09:14:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we are going to be much better than people think. The only thing missing the last couple years was offense and mainly QB. I think the Wake transfer is going to be pretty kid. And then a much better system will also play a role. We have had a good enough defense and if the offense just becomes decent instead of non existent then we will be right there.

I would have agreed if he had been here in January. Coming in the summer just doesn?t give a QB much time to learn the system and players.

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2024, 03:51:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Monroe looks like a big time pick up!!

I hope all Huff's hard work and time spent getting players into town transfers over to wins... 

We NEED a very good QB though.  I hope he is still looking for one to fall through the cracks.  (or better yet, Cole learned from his mistakes and comes back a new man!)

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2024, 09:40:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish Monroe Beard the best. At least the website ourlads.com has the current Herd football depth charts up there. We'll see where Beard slots into it in time. Click here: https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/marshall/91004

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2024, 11:31:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish Monroe Beard the best. At least the website ourlads.com has the current Herd football depth charts up there. We'll see where Beard slots into it in time. Click here: https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/marshall/91004

Trouble at LB and OL in future

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2024, 11:44:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Some of their first team is optimistic.  If CP is first team, then he either made great improvement in the off season or expectations/recruiting at QB were below expectations again. Most of the first team offense are transfers.

Offline Lord Haw-Haw

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2024, 01:29:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Trouble at LB and OL in future
    OL especially looks threadbare. WR practically all portal transfers and almost two deep. They look terribly undersized. The new Air Raid scheme.
    « Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 01:58:27 AM by Lord Haw-Haw »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2024, 01:29:43 AM »