Author Topic: I keep checking on here...the lack of news on Dan is mind boggling insanity.  (Read 4107 times)

Offline DC01HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan is great at wasting resources. The AD should make him bus to every game next year.

HerdFans.com

Online herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There ain't gonna be any news.  He's coming back.  Accept it.  They now have four scholarships to give and are out seeking new players in the Potral/Juco/NIL. high school. whatever.  They know they have to turn things around.  Don't sell 'em short!

Tim do you practice guys ever learn? 2- 20 loss seasons in the last 3 years. Are you happy he kept all those warm bodies in the end of the bench for 4-5 years that couldn't play? And then you say "don't sell them short"? They have proved they can't manage a roster. But yet again you and a few others will buy his talk because some of you like the "guy" more than winning. His blacktop ball with no coaching is starting to get really old. Not to mention his recruiting constant projects. But I'm sure next year will be the fastest and best shooting team ever. Sure worked out great this year after we heard it.
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:02:12 PM by herdorbust2 »

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, Herdalum94, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty clear DD has been given more resources to win than any bb coach in MU history.  But still can?t win.  That means it?s time to give another staff a chance.  He?s pd close to what MU fball Coach makes.  Is the closest these salaries have ever been?

The following users thanked this post: jdonaccbus, mu79grad, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boy I can't believe Martin and Obinna haven't hit the portal. Guess they are willing to play their last year on a sinking ship. The roster is gutted right now with ZERO guard production on the team. I guess Danny has told them he will bring in a couple Steph Curry's lol. Wonder if Danny is still going to put Conner at the PG spot or admit his coaching idea was doomed to fail? Conner is a stretch 3 but needs to get a lot stronger and more aggressive to even play there.

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Connor doesn?t have it .... non existent in games

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Connor doesn?t have it .... non existent in games

His brother will probably end up here as well.

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he is a much better player

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There ain't gonna be any news.  He's coming back.  Accept it.  They now have four scholarships to give and are out seeking new players in the Potral/Juco/NIL. high school. whatever.  They know they have to turn things around.  Don't sell 'em short!

Sell them short?

Dan has historically finished in 7th place during regular season conference play and the last handful of years have been bounced early in the conference tournament.

The roster management has been an atrocious only to be equal by Dans game preparation and in game coaching. Our S&C program is a throwback to the 1960s.

Everything of the program is a downward trajectory and Dan has lot quite a bit of the common Marshall fan with his outbursts and lack of ownership of the state of the program. Would say most of his supporters are because they watched him or Mike while playing at Marshall, or family members of players and coaches.

The game has passed Dan by whether him and his yuck yuck group want to admit it and the Marshall basketball program is currently in purgatory.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, ed swain, Herdalum94, herdorbust2, Lord Haw-Haw

Online MUfan08

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he is a much better player

if you like tall, long, lean players that can dribble.

He is a 2025 player who has offers from us, Stetson and little Miami currently I believe.

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sell them short?

Dan has historically finished in 7th place during regular season conference play and the last handful of years have been bounced early in the conference tournament.

The roster management has been an atrocious only to be equal by Dans game preparation and in game coaching. Our S&C program is a throwback to the 1960s.

Everything of the program is a downward trajectory and Dan has lot quite a bit of the common Marshall fan with his outbursts and lack of ownership of the state of the program. Would say most of his supporters are because they watched him or Mike while playing at Marshall, or family members of players and coaches.

The game has passed Dan by whether him and his yuck yuck group want to admit it and the Marshall basketball program is currently in purgatory.

Yea turn it around? To what?

A winning record? LMAO

Herd BBall is a dumpster fire

Thanks Dan

Offline Herdiowa

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sell them short?

Purgatory is a very appropriate description of the fans

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ed swain

Offline puma

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Division I coach for a revenue sport shouldn't be a retirement gig for anyone. The situation is just ridiculous.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, chris88, GreenDaddy, MicDrass1, Lord Haw-Haw

HerdFans.com

Online MicDrass1

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if you like tall, long, lean players that can dribble.

He is a 2025 player who has offers from us, Stetson and little Miami currently I believe.

I like strong explosive ankle breaking players that can penetrate a defense and make plays for themselves and teammates.   Not these skinny, weak slow players MU has that can?t shoot and assist.  Wagner had a couple players that would be our best.  Wagner!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Online MUonium

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Creasy's HD article with DD confirms what we already knew.

At least it's a good thing that any player who enters the portal will not be able to return. 
    The majority of fans also agree more players should enter the portal.

This is the important one though and confirms DD should not be the head coach-

"As far as what his approach will be to using the portal D'antoni was candid and admitted that hes still learning the system which is a far cry from what he grew up around and what it was like when he took over the Herd in 2014."
    "This is so new to me, I don't know.  We need two or three players to come in here and bolster D'antoni said. We just have to get better have that big year and erase some bad memories."

I would like to hear the full conversations DD has had or will have with Spears or Smith.
    DD has had three years or so to learn the transfer system- he plays by the same set of rules and regs that every other coach plays by.
    I don't believe for a minute that Spears or any AD should accept complete incompetence with any major aspect of HC job requirements. 
    How can roster mgmt failures and self-admitted portal incompetence be acceptable?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • YOU HEARD  IT HERE FIRST

He has coached his last season at MU.
    3-20-24 11:05 AM

Online GoHerd35

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Give us the Vegas line on this please. We need to know your confidence level.

Offline Herdiowa

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Alright Big Jim you can?t be ranking out chains like that and running away. 🙉

Online herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You heard it here for the 1000th time from several people at 11:28 on March 20th, Dan will be our coach next year and our team will have at least half the roster that does not contribute.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Offline Always THE HERD

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Are you stating that he is going to resign or retire now? You left a lot "unsaid".

Offline ru4mu2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you stating that he is going to resign or retire now? You left a lot "unsaid".
    It's his opinion and he has a 50% chance of being correct......

Offline Tim Hensley

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man, you guys are dreaming.  Danny will be back next year.  You can make book on it.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline HerdEcon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Which season was his last season coaching?  It's pretty clear that DD coached his last season some time ago. 

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

At least it's a good thing that any player who enters the portal will not be able to return. 

"As far as what his approach will be to using the portal D'antoni was candid and admitted that hes still learning the system which is a far cry from what he grew up around and what it was like when he took over the Herd in 2014."
    "This is so new to me, I don't know.  We need two or three players to come in here and bolster D'antoni said. We just have to get better have that big year and erase some bad memories."

I would like to hear the full conversations DD has had or will have with Spears or Smith.
    DD has had three years or so to learn the transfer system- he plays by the same set of rules and regs that every other coach plays by.
    I don't believe for a minute that Spears or any AD should accept complete incompetence with any major aspect of HC job requirements. 
    How can roster mgmt failures and self-admitted portal incompetence be acceptable?

DD is delusional or senile or both

What a clusterFck

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08

Offline andy31

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The NCAA Transfer Portal was launched in 2018 and the transfer rules were changed in 2021 to allow players to transfer once without sitting out a year, and here we are in the year 2024, and our head coach admits out loud he is still learning the system.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, gochneaur645

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The NCAA Transfer Portal was launched in 2018 and the transfer rules were changed in 2021 to allow players to transfer once without sitting out a year, and here we are in the year 2024, and our head coach admits out loud he is still learning the system.

The epitome of incompetence

🤦‍♂️

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com