Author Topic: Any Way To Watch WBB Post Game Presser?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Bigoherd

Any Way To Watch WBB Post Game Presser?
« on: March 11, 2024, 04:57:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would love to see what is said by both teams?

HerdFans.com

Any Way To Watch WBB Post Game Presser?
    « on: March 11, 2024, 04:57:46 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

Re: Any Way To Watch WBB Post Game Presser?
    « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 04:59:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd like to see the cutting of the net and the women n the tunnel like yesterday.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Online MUfan08

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 05:00:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Goherd35 has been sharing the interviews of both teams usually pretty soon as it comes up.

Offline MUther

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 05:09:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Goherd35 has been sharing the interviews of both teams usually pretty soon as it comes up.

Yeah, he's a lot more useful than goherd24 was.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 05:24:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, he's a lot more useful than goherd24 was.

That's mean, don't piss on the urinal king.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, MUther

Offline MUther

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 06:14:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's mean, don't piss on the urinal king.

*_+! man that was a good 5 minute coughing fit

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

Online MUfan08

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 06:19:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, thunderingon, mu79grad, chris88, luckytoes99, elginherd

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 07:16:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their coach said "I hope they win 3 more games, the Sun Belt deserves more respect and they're (Marshall) going to go get it for us."  He said that right after saying he wouldn't go into the formula for beating us when properly executed, which they did not do, for that very reason.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Guy's rooting for the 'belt if he can't be the one to represent and sounded like he meant it.
    « Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:40:11 PM by MUther »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, sardistim, DC01HERD, MUinDE, ru4mu2, mu79grad, elginherd, coalherd

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 07:26:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their coach sad "I hope they win 3 more games, the Sun Belt deserves more respect and they're (Marshall) going to go get it for us."  He said that right after saying he wouldn't go into the formula for beating us when properly executed, which they did not do, for that very reason.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Guys rooting for the 'belt if he can't be the one to represent and sounded like he meant it.

The whole interview I kept thinking about how he responded and the interview yesterday with ODU's coach and what a jerk she was.  Class verses classless. He discussed the game openly and honestly, she whined and pouted.  I hope ODU never wins against us or JMU again..

Online elginherd

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 09:56:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their coach said "I hope they win 3 more games, the Sun Belt deserves more respect and they're (Marshall) going to go get it for us."  He said that right after saying he wouldn't go into the formula for beating us when properly executed, which they did not do, for that very reason.  I thought that was pretty cool.  Guy's rooting for the 'belt if he can't be the one to represent and sounded like he meant it.

He was gracious...and very frank with his answers as he sees it.
    BUT, some credit must be given to the quality of questions that he was asked. There were only a few "talk about" or "how do you feel about" bs thrown at him.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Bigoherd

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 11:37:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The whole interview I kept thinking about how he responded and the interview yesterday with ODU's coach and what a jerk she was.  Class verses classless. He discussed the game openly and honestly, she whined and pouted.  I hope ODU never wins against us or JMU again..

I had not seen the ODU presser (with ODU coach), so I went back and watched it.  I didn?t hear anything that made her sound like a ?jerk?.  On the contrary, she was a stong advocate of the Sunbelt and with many years of WNBA experience, I thought she offered great insight as to why the conference deserved more than one NCAA bid.

The following users thanked this post: ThunderingHerdFan

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 03:58:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had not seen the ODU presser (with ODU coach), so I went back and watched it.  I didn?t hear anything that made her sound like a ?jerk?.  On the contrary, she was a stong advocate of the Sunbelt and with many years of WNBA experience, I thought she offered great insight as to why the conference deserved more than one NCAA bid.

How about "They didn't win it, we lost it" at the beginning of the presser, then she made additional comments that amounted to we aren't that good? You must have slept through the first quarter of the press conference. 

Considering we beat her team three times convincingly, she was not only classless, she was brainless as her lack of respect for us showed she must not think too much of her own team either.
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:34:35 AM by wasbarryb »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 03:58:51 AM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2024, 06:28:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about "They didn't win it, we lost it" at the beginning of the presser, then she made additional comments that amounted to we aren't that good? You must have slept through the first quarter of the conference. 

Considering we beat her team three times convincingly, she was not only classless, she was brainless as her lack of respect for us showed she must not think too much of her own team either.

Chalk some of that up to damage control.  She's trying to be self-deprecating by letting their fans and admin know she understands what they did wrong and how they can improve.  She can't very well say Marshall is just better and I have no idea how to beat them.  And I think she was just ticked.  She had a good game plan and played us much better than the previous games but still lost to a newcomer.  Objectively, except for the no defense comment, when we're the most disruptive team in the league, she was protecting what she's built there.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 06:47:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chalk some of that up to damage control.  She's trying to be self-deprecating by letting their fans and admin know she understands what they did wrong and how they can improve.  She can't very well say Marshall is just better and I have no idea how to beat them.  And I think she was just ticked.  She had a good game plan and played us much better than the previous games but still lost to a newcomer.  Objectively, except for the no defense comment, when we're the most disruptive team in the league, she was protecting what she's built there.

Perhaps.  But, I can't help contrasting what she said and how she said things.  When O'Regan started his press conference he opened with "Marshall is beatable" and I thought here we go again, thinking what do we have to do get some respect in this league. He then said and I'm not going to say what it takes to beat Marshall because he wanted to see Marshall  win three more games.  Milton-Jones went on t tell us how she had played in the WBA and yadda yadda I'm great,  O'Regan showed respect for his opponent, she didn't.  Clearly both coaches hated losing to us, can't blame them.  IMHO one showed class, one was petty.

This is a message board, clearly not every one agrees with me.  No problem, nearly all of us love the Herd.  Go Herd.
    « Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 06:53:40 AM by wasbarryb »

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2024, 06:59:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Perhaps.  But, I can't help contrasting what she said and how she said things.  When O'Regan started his press conference he opened with "Marshall is beatable" and I thought here we go again, thinking what do we have to do get some respect in this league. He then said and I'm not going to say what it takes to beat Marshall because he wanted to see Marshall  win three more games.  Milton-Jones went on t tell us how she had played in the WBA and yadda yadda I'm great,  O'Regan showed respect for his opponent, she didn't.  Clearly both coaches hated losing to us, can't blame them.  IMHO one showed class, one was petty.

This is a message board, clearly not every one agrees with me.  No problem, nearly all of us love the Herd.  Go Herd.
    She was arrogant during halftime interview walking off the court.  Said the score shouldn't be as close as it was (i think they were up 9).  I remember thinking, she's right because we had missed about 15 layups!! lol

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline chris88

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 08:51:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Two great press conferences!

Congrats to JMU and their coach for playing hard and giving honest answers.

Our press conf was pretty close to perfect. Great questions and answers. Love it that coach gave glory to God as all good things come from God through Christ. On all levels she "gets it". Go to SBC site and there are 55 pictures...some really good. Ashley Tudor probably captured the emotion of the situation in last few minutes of game and afterwards better than anyone imo.

https://sunbeltsports.org/galleries/wbb/2024-sbc-wbb-championship/343

What a group and a season...now bonded by an achievement that will endure a lifetime and echo for generations! Congrats!

With 9 days or so to rest and practice there is another chapter to be written
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herdfan93, parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 08:51:55 AM »