Author Topic: Organized protest against Huff  (Read 1268 times)

Offline robowski

Organized protest against Huff
« on: November 09, 2023, 09:07:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all need a unison chant or some type of timed boycott if Huff continues to play his favorite QB.  We need to send a wakeup call to the administration.  This will show them we mean business and that a change needs to be made.  I will still be there in Saturday to support the school and the 75
    Let's say Huff decides to leave him in and we go down by two tds or he throws bad ball after bad ball, then I say we start a "Hey ho Huff must go".  Something needs done to show this hard headed man that the alumni and fans are not going to support his decision to play a Div 3 QB

HerdFans.com

Organized protest against Huff
    « on: November 09, 2023, 09:07:01 PM »

Offline Collis P

Re: Organized protest against Huff
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2023, 09:48:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No ......................................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, whf, horsrman, chris88, Flat Tire 2, overherd1

Offline MUther

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2023, 10:20:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all need a unison chant or some type of timed boycott if Huff continues to play his favorite QB.  We need to send a wakeup call to the administration.  This will show them we mean business and that a change needs to be made.  I will still be there in Saturday to support the school and the 75
    Let's say Huff decides to leave him in and we go down by two tds or he throws bad ball after bad ball, then I say we start a "Hey ho Huff must go".  Something needs done to show this hard headed man that the alumni and fans are not going to support his decision to play a Div 3 QB

Or we could meet in hell.  You go on ahead, we'll be along later.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, ru4mu2, muherd34

Offline banker

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 11:11:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think I?ll bring a book and read while we?re on offense, put it down when we are on defense.  That way I won?t miss any potentially exciting plays.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 11:53:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Inside the stadium, go and support the Herd to win the game today.

We all know what the score is without doing something like this.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online herd2win

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2023, 08:04:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bottom line is we can blame this on ourselves.  We hired a guy to be our head coach who had not ever been a coordinator.  You have to remember what was going on with the country at the time and I am sure that played into the hire.

Huff was not qualified so we need to cut bate, realize our mistake and move on.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 08:11:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember years ago that a Tennessee fan hired a moving van and had it parked in front of the football coach Bill Battle's house in the 1970's.
    https://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/9/12/234162/John-Shearer-Remembering-UT-Football.aspx

I know a friend of mine has thought of parking a UHaul Truck in front of the Cam with a "Leave Dan" sign on it. Maybe that is an idea for the OP? LOL

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 08:16:28 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Online bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2023, 08:19:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With all the %^&* going on in the world, this is where you choose to make a stand? Huff is just a man. He may be a flawed man. He may even be a less-than-competent man, but he's just a dude doing his best.

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2023, 08:25:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Fans can't even get it together for the Thunderclap, just sayin'
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, svherd, ru4mu2, chris88, Nicks Pizza

Offline Big Ol' Hillbilly

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember this same guy saying everyone should wear Snyder brand potato chip bags on their heads to games to protest Mark Snyder back in the day.😂

https://www.herdfans.com/12thman/index.php?topic=27842.msg212192#msg212192
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:16:01 PM by Big Ol' Hillbilly »

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Online svherd

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2023, 09:01:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry, I hope this idea was in jest; but if that would happen, can you imagine how that would make the school and fan base look. Yeah, any decent coach would love to come here after seeing that. And yeah, you can bet ESPN and others would pick it up and run with it. Ugh!

We are in tough spot. Our BOG and Gilbert failed miserably. Huff may be a good guy, great family man, but he is not ready to be an HC at the D1 level. Let's hopefully move on from this after this season and start fresh. The longer we hold on to this staff, the deeper the hole will become.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The overreactions to the OP in this thread... We have to have one of the softest fanbases in the country. 100's of fanbases in all sports do something similar to what the OP suggested...or much, much, much worse. Being a coach at Marshall has to be one of the cushiest jobs in college sports. The administration just wants to be your friend, the fanbase makes excuses for you AND wants to be your friend, the media works for you AND wants to be your friend. We worry about a millionaire?s retirement (Doc, Legg), and their kids, and how difficult a life change might be for them if we get rid of them...even though the coach himself and his own family totally gets the job and what comes with it and how they could be fired on any given year and then have to pick up an leave...our fans stress about it. We worry about if things will get worse if we fire a coach (Doc). No matter how bad things get here it can always be worse (and we bring it up constantly going back to the 70's).

The only way you are going to see change Robowski is to root for another team. Because Marshall is a perfect storm of suck...from the administration, to the media, to the fans constant excuses, to this thread and how this is too harsh and that is too harsh about an idea that literally doesn't go a TENTH as far as real fanbases take things.

And litterally as I was typing this...MORE STRESSING...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Sorry, I hope this idea was in jest; but if that would happen, can you imagine how that would make the school and fan base look. Yeah, any decent coach would love to come here after seeing that. And yeah, you can bet ESPN and others would pick it up and run with it. Ugh!

Look at this ROB ^^^^ no other fanbase does this! JUST US. Pathetic.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:11:39 AM by THECHAMPISHERE »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 09:09:45 AM »

Online svherd

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 09:11:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The overreactions to the OP in this thread... We have to have one of the softest fanbases in the country. 100's of fanbases in all sports do something similar to what the OP suggested...or much, much, much worse. Being a coach at Marshall has to be one of the cushiest jobs in college sports. The administration just wants to be your friend, the fanbase makes excuses for you AND wants to be your friend, the media works for you AND wants to be your friend. We worry about a millionaire?s retirement (Doc, Legg), and their kids, and how difficult a life change might be for them if we get rid of them...even though the coach himself and his own family totally gets the job and what comes with it and how they could be fired on any given year and then have to pick up an leave...our fans stress about it. We worry about if things will get worse if we fire a coach (Doc). No matter how bad things get here it can always be worse (and we bring it up constantly going back to the 70's).

The only way you are going to see change Robowski is to root for another team. Because Marshall is a perfect storm of suck...from the administration, to the media, to the fans constant excuses, to this thread and how this is too harsh and that is too harsh about an idea that literally doesn't go a TENTH as far as real fanbases take things.

Show me one COLLEGE fan base you have seen that has an organized protest against their coach? Pro's are a different matter. Geezus.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline wesnky

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2023, 09:15:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Horrible idea

The following users thanked this post: svherd, chris88, Flat Tire 2, BigJimslade

Offline Big City

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2023, 09:33:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

And litterally as I was typing this...MORE STRESSING...HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Look at this ROB ^^^^ no other fanbase does this! JUST US. Pathetic.

Then we have this guy ^
    10-4 little buddy
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2023, 09:45:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Show me one COLLEGE fan base you have seen that has an organized protest against their coach? Pro's are a different matter. Geezus.

You want me to show you a college that has chanted 5 words in unison (as the OP suggested) against a coach they were unhappy with during a game? Ugh...probably every single one Div I, II, & III including us at some point in time.  Good night y'all are a bunch of menstruating women.

The following users thanked this post: Greg H

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2023, 09:49:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You want me to show you a college that has chanted 5 words in unison (as the OP suggested) against a coach they were unhappy with during a game? Ugh...probably every single one Div I, II, & III including us at some point in time.  Good night y'all are a bunch of menstruating women.

If you are that upset, why don't you hire a plane to fly over the stadium with a "Fire Huff" banner during the game? I think that happened at wvu once and we shouldn't be following their lead.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2023, 09:52:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Show me one COLLEGE fan base you have seen that has an organized protest against their coach? Pro's are a different matter. Geezus.

IDK if they were organized or not, but back when I attended a bunch of USC games, there were chants of 'Fire Scott' and 'Goodbye Sparky'.

If this game goes like the previous 2, we'll probably hear a spontaneous chant, no organization required.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 09:54:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You want me to show you a college that has chanted 5 words in unison (as the OP suggested) against a coach they were unhappy with during a game? Ugh...probably every single one Div I, II, & III including us at some point in time.  Good night y'all are a bunch of menstruating women.

Let's see here.

Someone says "show me one", then he says everyone does it, fails to show even one, calls us names, then cuts and runs.

Who's the real pussy here?

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, svherd, ru4mu2

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2023, 10:38:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Count me out

Offline puma

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2023, 10:47:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to heckle my own team. Not for the coach's sake but for the players. I actually want them to win.

Though, I think I'm going to become a soccer guy and redirect my money that direction. Much better ROI in that department.

Online herd2win

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 11:14:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to heckle my own team. Not for the coach's sake but for the players. I actually want them to win.

Though, I think I'm going to become a soccer guy and redirect my money that direction. Much better ROI in that department.

I am so proud of the soccer team and I have a garden flag in my front yard with a soccer Natty flag, that being said, you have to go way deep into any web site to find any information on college soccer.  We get more publicity at 4-5 beating Georgia Southern Sat night than us winning smithing Natty in soccer.  There is not a return on your money with soccer other than pride and that is also OK.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2023, 11:14:37 AM »

Online muherd34

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2023, 11:22:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Yeah, that's gonna be a no from me dawg

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline puma

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2023, 11:29:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am so proud of the soccer team and I have a garden flag in my front yard with a soccer Natty flag, that being said, you have to go way deep into any web site to find any information on college soccer.  We get more publicity at 4-5 beating Georgia Southern Sat night than us winning smithing Natty in soccer.  There is not a return on your money with soccer other than pride and that is also OK.

My point is more along the lines of being a season ticket holder and small time donor for a program that has one championship in 20 years and continues to hire people like Clint Trickett and Bill Legg. Both those guys are even less defensible than Huff, which isn't saying much.

I hope we get publicity for winning on Saturday but I feel like the soccer team could put my (admittedly paltry) donations to something a little more tangible.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd

Online svherd

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 11:30:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's see here.

Someone says "show me one", then he says everyone does it, fails to show even one, calls us names, then cuts and runs.

Who's the real pussy here?

Yep. Maybe recess was over and he had to go back to class.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2023, 11:30:54 AM »