Author Topic: Travon Van gone  (Read 3431 times)

Offline s1uggo

Re: Travon Van gone
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • from Redd at Daily Mail:

"To Be honest I got Release 2 weeks ago," Van tweeted. "My mom is real sick so Marshall is helping me get closer to her."

Holliday said he has not signed a release for Van and the two will talk after the season.

"Trevino's got a mom that's extremely sick," he said. "He's got some personal issues at home. We'll deal with that once the season's over. Him and I will need to talk at some point at the end of the season if that's the case. Travon's a great kid and his mom has some personal issues, health-wise, that are extremely tough."

Holliday also said Van was still unable to play due to an unspecified injury. He had said earlier the injury had caused numbness in one of Van's arms.

Something here just doesn't add up.

yea like doc's grammar

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dude, have you seen the job that our equipment manager does? He's excellent and lets the fans see behind the scenes via twitter. I never flex mod muscles, but please don't insult him like that or you could be looking at a ban.  ;D

Sounds like the guy deserves a promotion. I'd bet an equipment manager knows more about being defensive coordinator than a bank employee.

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it that when a kid leaves or wants to transfer that people want to crucify them.  Damit it is their life and not yours.  Why can't some of you appreciate that?  It is as if some of you feel personally violated when this happens. My goodness give the kids a break.

TRS
    MU 71

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 07:51:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why is it that when a kid leaves or wants to transfer that people want to crucify them.  Damit it is their life and not yours.  Why can't some of you appreciate that?  It is as if some of you feel personally violated when this happens. My goodness give the kids a break.

TRS
    MU 71

I don’t know than anyone is attempting to crucify anyone. Certainly some of us have expressed a critical opinion, but the last time I checked this was a discussion board. The discussion on this thread, if I recall correctly, was in response to a public tweet made by Van himself. If Van doesn’t want to have his actions discussed, perhaps he should keep his comments to himself.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 08:08:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things are getting interesting on Twitter. If you follow Travon or Derek Redd check it out. I'm not re-posting what's being said, but it's worth a look.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 08:10:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look, TV is a good guy and I think having him on our team was good for our team.  He has never trashed Marshall and has spoken very well of his time at Huntington.  I wish him the best and hope his mother is ok.  I still think he could have been a good DB for us.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Apollo

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 08:54:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure everyone is reading things right...which why I hate social media...

The way I see it is the "release" being spoken of was in reference to a release to play by the doctors and not a release to go elsewhere...I could be reading wrong as well.

Offline clovenhoof

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:03:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I probably shouldn't have made the post about his tweets. He apparently re-tweets a lot. I guess reading too much between the lines.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 09:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not sure everyone is reading things right...which why I hate social media...

The way I see it is the "release" being spoken of was in reference to a release to play by the doctors and not a release to go elsewhere...I could be reading wrong as well.

According to Doc he doesn't have either a release to leave school or to play.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline Apollo

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 09:16:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to Doc he doesn't have either a release to leave school or to play.

When was the last time a coach was honest and upfront about something controversial with the general public?

Offline herdman

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How do you go from starting for a year and half and starting one week to leaving the team? Either you shouldn't have been starting for that long or the coaches are confused.

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When was the last time a coach was honest and upfront about something controversial with the general public?

I get what you are saying but I don't see why it has to be controversial at all.  It's obviously more than an ill parent.  They could agree to disagree on the position move/demotion, keep it internal and just say he's leaving to be closer to his mom. 
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:55 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 09:59:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dude, have you seen the job that our equipment manager does? He's excellent and lets the fans see behind the scenes via twitter. I never flex mod muscles, but please don't insult him like that or you could be looking at a ban.  ;D

Oh my god! It wasnt a bash on the equipment manager! But it is a low ranking position. I am sure they work very  hard but i would still rather see Rippon there as opposed to DC.

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 10:33:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh my god! It wasnt a bash on the equipment manager! But it is a low ranking position. I am sure they work very  hard but i would still rather see Rippon there as opposed to DC.
    Then he'd ruin the equipment.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Then he'd ruin the equipment.

Ha ha ha!!!!! The equipment would not allow the players to blitz.

Offline Banshee

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 11:20:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like all former MU players, I wish them nothing but the best in all their future endeavors.  The kid played hard for us, he's just not as good as his replacements.  GL to his mother as well.

Offline BULLHALSEY

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 11:40:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hate to see Van go. It's to bad Travon didn't fit in as a running back here. He had his chances to produce and it never happend. Travon played his heart out for us, I wish him the best where ever he ends up playing football.
    This exactly
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fear the higher power....I bow to you

Offline exanimate

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears that some thought that my my equipment manager post was serious. It was an obvious joke.

Offline djszincgt

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 08:52:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good Lord I hope this doesn't turn into a "bash Van" thread.  

If I wasn't from around here and saw there was no chance of playing the position I wanted to while I was here, I'd be gone.

And that's why you don't play football for anyone.  Not being a d*ck, just being honest.  He just simply isn't going to be told where he is going to play.  Well tough.  If you're not getting the job done where you are at and you could succeed and help the TEAM in another position you should move.  If you refuse and b*tch and complain then quite honestly you're only out for yourself.  Football is a team sport last I checked.

Offline djszincgt

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 08:57:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Hahahahaha...now that's some funny stuff right there!

Offline goherd50

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to Doc he doesn't have either a release to leave school or to play.

Pretty sure he doesn't need a release to leave school.  It is America after all.

On the other hand, he would need a release to accept a football scholarship at another school for the coming year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »

Offline BuyNtelos4

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 03:29:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And that's why you don't play football for anyone.  Not being a d*ck, just being honest.  He just simply isn't going to be told where he is going to play.  Well tough.  If you're not getting the job done where you are at and you could succeed and help the TEAM in another position you should move.  If you refuse and b*tch and complain then quite honestly you're only out for yourself.  Football is a team sport last I checked.

Ive seen multiple posts where you called out someone's language or told them to tone down their posts.  Kind of hypocritical don't you think?? -1

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pretty sure he doesn't need a release to leave school.  It is America after all.

On the other hand, he would need a release to accept a football scholarship at another school for the coming year.

That's what I meant, he doesn't have the release to leave and play elsewhere or from the doctors to play here now.

Offline Slice11

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And that's why you don't play football for anyone.  Not being a d*ck, just being honest.  He just simply isn't going to be told where he is going to play.  Well tough.  If you're not getting the job done where you are at and you could succeed and help the TEAM in another position you should move.  If you refuse and b*tch and complain then quite honestly you're only out for yourself.  Football is a team sport last I checked.

lol

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »