Author Topic: We Don't Need wvu.  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
  • Heisman
Re: We Don't Need wvu.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It really bothers me that this has become a WVU board. It's why I stayed away. 50% to 75% of this forum is WVU posts. They don't design their entire season around us. Why should we plan ours around them?

First off you don't have to read this board.
    Second, these (well my posts anyways) are hate posts against wvu. One might even call it a hate crime with the hated passion I unleash when it comes to them. But hating wvu is not a crime because everyone hates them.

While their fans are arrogant as hell towards us, their "rivalry" with ecu (3 wins in like 15 games for ecu) got me thinking...the arrogant fanbase when they got beat 27-3 at the hands of an awfully overrated team, they said, "whoa! this team beat US!!! They beat wvu!!! WE HAVE TO SCHEDULE THEM!"
    They think anyone who beats them is worth scheduling. Since we haven't beaten them we have no case. However, we beat them (much depends on how);
    A squeaker 3-7 point victory would make them say, "it was a fluke, we'll see about it next season." We win the next season, they'll begin to wonder if we really can compete, we win again, people will straight up demand we play since the series is suddenly evening out.
    A 60-3 victory would bolster this next issue up a few notches they'll have no choice to but look at it. I'm sure ESPN will make note of the fact this is our first victory against them and replay it on the highlight reels for the week. 60-3 victory against them replayed for a whole week would just make them brood, lol.
    Psychologically, the ecu game wasn't just a win, it was an embarassing @sskicking. Such a victory convinced the simpletons in morganhole that ecu was competitive. If we won, they'll want to schedule us because they'll consider the W a fluke and just keep poundin' us...unknowingly we've built ourselves up and legally, having scheduled next several games with us, will continue to lose and we'll be the first to 10 before they know it. They'd be willing to schedule us if we beat them, for the next 100 years, just so they can continue to convince themselves that they're better because they're convinced we should never have beaten them and a long schedule would prove it (since they think they'll win out which they won't).

It's an arrogance issue.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 08:57:32 AM »

Offline bleedsgreen33

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    « Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 09:12:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off you don't have to read this board.
    Second, these (well my posts anyways) are hate posts against wvu. One might even call it a hate crime with the hated passion I unleash when it comes to them. But hating wvu is not a crime because everyone hates them.

While their fans are arrogant as hell towards us, their "rivalry" with ecu (3 wins in like 15 games for ecu) got me thinking...the arrogant fanbase when they got beat 27-3 at the hands of an awfully overrated team, they said, "whoa! this team beat US!!! They beat wvu!!! WE HAVE TO SCHEDULE THEM!"
    They think anyone who beats them is worth scheduling. Since we haven't beaten them we have no case. However, we beat them (much depends on how);
    A squeaker 3-7 point victory would make them say, "it was a fluke, we'll see about it next season." We win the next season, they'll begin to wonder if we really can compete, we win again, people will straight up demand we play since the series is suddenly evening out.
    A 60-3 victory would bolster this next issue up a few notches they'll have no choice to but look at it. I'm sure ESPN will make note of the fact this is our first victory against them and replay it on the highlight reels for the week. 60-3 victory against them replayed for a whole week would just make them brood, lol.
    Psychologically, the ecu game wasn't just a win, it was an embarassing @sskicking. Such a victory convinced the simpletons in morganhole that ecu was competitive. If we won, they'll want to schedule us because they'll consider the W a fluke and just keep poundin' us...unknowingly we've built ourselves up and legally, having scheduled next several games with us, will continue to lose and we'll be the first to 10 before they know it. They'd be willing to schedule us if we beat them, for the next 100 years, just so they can continue to convince themselves that they're better because they're convinced we should never have beaten them and a long schedule would prove it (since they think they'll win out which they won't).

It's an arrogance issue.

How old are you? Your posts are like incoherent diatribes. You can't be much older than a teenager and if so, shame on our educational system.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How old are you? Your posts are like incoherent diatribes. You can't be much older than a teenager and if so, shame on our educational system.

I used simple reasoning to save you tons of time instead of wasting it complaining...you didn't listen...and you're wanting to shame the educational system on me?!
    I doubt you'll last long on here.

Offline bleedsgreen33

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    « Reply #28 on: July 20, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh, so YOU run the show here? Somehow I doubt that.

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 09:46:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh, so YOU run the show here? Somehow I doubt that.

Never said I did. I just said I don't think you'll last very long on this board. Since you just became a member I'll give you the rundown of who I am and the situation you're in.

I hate ohio state and wvu. Nothing good has ever come out of those two programs but misery and an increase in cancer.
    I post entirely too much on this board.
    I could care less if people read what I say or not.
    If you complain about wvu all the time and how we constantly talk about them then you obviously don't follow Marshall. wvu is our home opener, a BCS (still can't figure out why) school, there will be a huge sold out crowd. We took their "head coach in waiting." We've had to endure their BS for years. This game means alot (not everything but close for some) to the fans.
    There is much reason to talk about them. Considering two OOC games are against BCS opponents and we are not in a BCS conference coupled with the idea that we certainly can upset ohio state (yes there are threads about the osu game) and could certainly beat wvu. That creates excitement.
    We also talk about other games (see ENTIRE BOARD).

Get used to it or get out. 

Offline bleedsgreen33

• Earfan
    • Rookie
    « Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never said I did. I just said I don't think you'll last very long on this board. Since you just became a member I'll give you the rundown of who I am and the situation you're in.

I hate ohio state and wvu. Nothing good has ever come out of those two programs but misery and an increase in cancer.
    I post entirely too much on this board.
    I could care less if people read what I say or not.
    If you complain about wvu all the time and how we constantly talk about them then you obviously don't follow Marshall. wvu is our home opener, a BCS (still can't figure out why) school, there will be a huge sold out crowd. We took their "head coach in waiting." We've had to endure their BS for years. This game means alot (not everything but close for some) to the fans.
    There is much reason to talk about them. Considering two OOC games are against BCS opponents and we are not in a BCS conference coupled with the idea that we certainly can upset ohio state (yes there are threads about the osu game) and could certainly beat wvu. That creates excitement.
    We also talk about other games (see ENTIRE BOARD).

Get used to it or get out. 

You wasted a lot of bandwidth because I don't give a damn who you are. If you are representative of what our fanbase has become, God help us.

Offline backontrack

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 10:01:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just like my thread on Bobby and him not becoming HC stirred a few "why are we talking about this again???" comments the same will always be said about a thread like this...all folks are trying to do is get a Herd fix and keep the pot boiling...at any rate, there is much to be said about a great in-state rivalry...and it certainly would be a boon to ticket sales, but when one side is utterly contemptuous of the other then I say f*ck 'em...unless they agree to a 1-1 series AND a rotation among Morgantown, Huntington, and Charleston in hoops then I say we let them go their way while we go ours...in all sports...then their baseball coach won't have to answer the question of why they won't play us every year (another sign of their condescension)...incestuous inbred @55holes...

Offline Marshallguy04

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You wasted a lot of bandwidth because I don't give a damn who you are. If you are representative of what our fanbase has become, God help us.

If you think I'm the representative of this fanbase then I MUST BE RUNNING THE SHOW. I obviously am not running the show, others will tell you that, so I am not the representative of our fanbase. In fact, I'm not even close.
    Glad to have wasted your bandwith, time, and energy reading and writing responses to what I say (I didn't include thinking because I don't believe you do think).
    Have fun ya little prick!

Track, I think it'll take a few more wins to even the series. We have a few more shots.  They wouldn't be able to use "wvu is always better" because a win vs them proves otherwise. We win the last few games I think it'd create a good potential for a 1:1. Especially if they get passed up AGAIN in BCS shifting.

I wish our state had a bigger city with a large stadium so we could just have the venue there at a neutral site. Ecu plays Carolina teams at the Panther Stadium.

BTW

How did they manage to keep the series in Charleston and keep it each year considering basketball isn't the more dominant sport? (I know, now wvu claims to be good being led by a drunk, but for a long time they weren't and neither were we so you'd think we aren't worth it).
    Is it possibly because we did beat (before 2010) their best teams assembled in the last century it seems?

Proven victories against them in sports keeps them wanting to play us...even if they claim to think otherwise. I think it'll carry over in football. We just gotta win!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:00 AM »