Author Topic: I keep checking on here...the lack of news on Dan is mind boggling insanity.  (Read 4026 times)

Offline gochneaur645

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The fact that he's on record with that statement about the portal and can still have any college basketball job is beyond belief. What an absolute joke of a coach.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

Offline GreenSteve

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• You haven't heard anything because there isn't going to be anything. Danny has a contract, he'll be the coach next year.

GS.
    "The world is full of crackers and belly-button rings..." - Blue Tip - The Cars.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, horsrman, miltonherdfan

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Should be an enjoyable 24-25 season.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The Right Stuff

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is no announcement forth coming because the decision has already been made. slip it under the rug so everyone will just forget about this last season.  Thus when it is made the uproar will be no more than a squeak.

TRS
    MU 71 

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, elginherd

Offline herdorbust2

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I have to say that the way spears and smith has handled this has made me think much less of them. I thought they were going to be different type of leaders. But they are no different than the past. Good old boy network that doesn't give 2 shits what the fans think.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, THECHAMPISHERE, Lord Haw-Haw

Online elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well I have to say that the way spears and smith has handled this has made me think much less of them. I thought they were going to be different type of leaders. But they are no different than the past. Good old boy network that doesn't give 2 shits what the fans think.

Obviously you are under the impression that the people who still contribute on this board represent the fans in general or, more importantly, the fans who count.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: bighat, horsrman

Offline MUonium

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Should be an enjoyable 24-25 season.

i like the "it'll be fun" jokes.  but for me, it's always fun seeing who transfer in and the excitement at the beginning of the season with the hope that it'll stay thay way.

The following users thanked this post: mu79grad, horsrman

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously you are under the impression that the people who still contribute on this board represent the fans in general or, more importantly, the fans who count.

Bingo! That's the key. The group that likes Dan and wants him to return don't care about wins and losses. They like that a Dantoni is in charge, which allows them to reflect back on their days at MU and enjoy the memories. They go to games to talk, see and be seen. They'll give money and Brad likes that.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Obviously you are under the impression that the people who still contribute on this board represent the fans in general or, more importantly, the fans who count.

Do you believe Dan should be retained?  Do you agree with the guys he extended scholarships to that had zero other D1 offers?

Online elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do you believe Dan should be retained?  Do you agree with the guys he extended scholarships to that had zero other D1 offers?
    I didn't say that.
    I'm saying that all the bitching and moaning by you and some others on this board really doesn't matter that much.
    DD's shortcomings have been articulated repetitively here and on the other board. If and (probably) when those who have the important voices get fed up, then there'll be a change.

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

Online 2xBison

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • YOU HEARD  IT HERE FIRST

He has coached his last season at MU.
    3-20-24 11:05 AM
    I said that months ago.  In any case hope you right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Online elginherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is no announcement forth coming because the decision has already been made. slip it under the rug so everyone will just forget about this last season.  Thus when it is made the uproar will be no more than a squeak.

TRS
    MU 71
    ^
    Reality.

HerdFans.com

Offline Buffalo Bop

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • YOU HEARD  IT HERE FIRST

He has coached his last season at MU.
    3-20-24 11:05 AM

So Corny will be the head coach?

Offline svherd

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it was Tim and Meister that have always indicated Corny would replace Dan. By golly they may be correct. That said, I really wish we would have done/do a national search.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it was Tim and Meister that have always indicated Corny would replace Dan. By golly they may be correct. That said, I really wish we would have done/do a national search.

They are correct based on what I've heard

Ridiculous choice as Corny hasn't earned our job imo

But having said that, if DD steps down and we get Corny this year it has to be an improvement right? 😂

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline girthyherdon

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is there confirmation that he may be stepping down?

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No way you select an assistant from a horrible team to take over.  Stupid move.  If Corny is good he should leave and make his own mark somewhere and then come back.  I have zero faith because he is a big part of our current mess.

Offline miltonherdfan

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IIRC, the whole corny is gonna replace dan stupidity was being talked about during the gilbert/hamrick administration.  obviously, neither is here anymore, & then throw in what an idiotic move that would be, i don't think there's any validity to that notion at this point.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No way you select an assistant from a horrible team to take over.  Stupid move.  If Corny is good he should leave and make his own mark somewhere and then come back.  I have zero faith because he is a big part of our current mess.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree

I'm just conveying what I've heard

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd

Online 2xBison

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny has been trying to pick his asst since Duhon.  Screw this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdorbust2

Offline ed swain

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No news from the powers to be has shown they do not give a damn about the fans who have been disgraced by our lack of caring if we win!

The following users thanked this post: herdly4, herdorbust2

Offline pdunn

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Herd BBall is a dumpster fire

D'Antoni's Inferno?
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, HerdnBucks, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop

HerdFans.com

Offline Tim Hensley

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boys, you can keep checking 'till Hell freezes over.  Danny will be back next year.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline jdonaccbus

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Watching JMU against a 22-win Wisconsin team......Dukes don't lose any thing on the defensive end when they substitute. They have used 9 guys which is what you have to do. Their bench has tallied 11 points, 11 rebounds and 4 steals. That is why you build depth with the scholarships you have.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, lexkyherdfan, parshall2marshall, svherd, HerdEcon

Offline BigJimslade

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are you stating that he is going to resign or retire now? You left a lot "unsaid".

This is his last week

HerdFans.com