Author Topic: Men?s Soccer pre season #1  (Read 1024 times)

Offline greenanwhite

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Junior Varsity
  • Member Since 08/2013
Men?s Soccer pre season #1
« on: August 04, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Men?s soccer comes in pre-season #1 ranked.. that target on their backs just got bigger!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/article/2021-08-04/mens-college-soccer-rankings-marshall-leads-preseason-top-25

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, bbcard1, parshall2marshall, chris88, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, luckytoes99

HerdFans.com

Men?s Soccer pre season #1
    « on: August 04, 2021, 05:58:19 PM »

Offline wasbarryb

Re: Men?s Soccer pre season #1
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 06:09:21 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know a lot of us felt the final poll of the season short changed us some.  This new poll pretty much makes up for that perceived slight.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, The E-Man, luckytoes99

Online Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:25:34 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Men?s soccer comes in pre-season #1 ranked.. that target on their backs just got bigger!

https://www.ncaa.com/news/soccer-men/article/2021-08-04/mens-college-soccer-rankings-marshall-leads-preseason-top-25

We deserve it with 10 starters coming back from a national champion

Incredible and fantastic though!

So F?n cool folks???Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man, luckytoes99

Online luckytoes99

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 06:57:15 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never thought I would ever see a Herd team win a National Championship at the highest level let alone be ranked number 1 at the beginning of season. Amazing to see us listed above teams such IU, Clemson, Georgetown, UNC, Pitt, etc.

Looking forward to next week?s exhibition match.

Go Herd!!!
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 07:39:25 PM by luckytoes99 »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

Online elginherd

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 07:19:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To quote Coach Huff, I mean Saban: "Rat Poison".
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online herd2win

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 09:24:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is awesome?so proud of this group of coaches and players?we need a statue on campus and signs all over the interstate..

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd

Offline sardistim

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 09:46:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only is the Herd #1, but CUSA has 4 teams in the Top 25--only the ACC has more schools ranked.

In addition to playing Coastal Carolina, Kentucky, and Charlotte in conference play, the Herd will also play ranked James Madison and Virginia Tech--plus an exhibition with UNC.

Can't wait to see the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS play this fall.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, svherd, herd_67

Offline chris88

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 09:56:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First home game 9/4 vs Coastal Carolina.  Fb game at 3:30 at Navy and Soccer game at Hoops Field at 7pm
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herd_67

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 10:05:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is awesome?so proud of this group of coaches and players?we need a statue on campus and signs all over the interstate..

Billboards all across the state to celebrate the National Champions.  Market the university, increase intrest and enrollment.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, svherd

Offline pdunn

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 10:52:50 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • COME AND TAKE IT!
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline MUther

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2021, 12:12:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never thought I would ever see a Herd team win a National Championship at the highest level let alone be ranked number 1 at the beginning of season. Amazing to see us listed above teams such IU, Clemson, Georgetown, UNC, Pitt, etc.

Looking forward to next week?s exhibition match.

Go Herd!!!

Well we beat 4 of those teams and no one else did, so I would hope they took that into consideration.

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 12:51:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To quote Coach Huff, I mean Saban: "Rat Poison".

I think I like a "Create a Gap" mantra better than I like the "Close the Gap" mantra of the football team...

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2021, 12:51:38 AM »

Online W0lfman

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2021, 07:32:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 08:21:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only is the Herd #1, but CUSA has 4 teams in the Top 25--only the ACC has more schools ranked.

In addition to playing Coastal Carolina, Kentucky, and Charlotte in conference play, the Herd will also play ranked James Madison and Virginia Tech--plus an exhibition with UNC.

Can't wait to see the DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS play this fall.

This has got to be the best schedule of any athletic team in Marshall sports history. Grassie is not shying away from the big dogs and stiff challenges. This will be fun to watch, as we have a HUGE target on our backs. If he can keep them focused and healthy, we might do it again!
    Looking forward to Sept. 4th.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline chris88

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 11:24:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU also plays two others teams receiving votes in @Bowling Green and at home vs Akron
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 11:42:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone planning to make the JMU game?

For anyone interested I just called the JMU ticket office for info since I couldn't find answers on their Website.

Attendance at JMU soccer is free.  Just show up at the parking lots designated on  their Website and walk in.

I don't know how many Herd fans we have in Eastern WV or west central Va, but this is a good opportunity to see a Herd team live, not to mention an honest to god national champion in action.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, puma, herdfan129

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 12:15:57 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll be honest, I've never been to a Marshall soccer game. I now have Herd soccer fever and will be attending their games this year.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, parshall2marshall, svherd, Flat Tire 2, herd_67, luckytoes99

Offline greenanwhite

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2013
    « Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 02:00:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone planning to make the JMU game?

For anyone interested I just called the JMU ticket office for info since I couldn't find answers on their Website.

Attendance at JMU soccer is free.  Just show up at the parking lots designated on  their Website and walk in.

I don't know how many Herd fans we have in Eastern WV or west central Va, but this is a good opportunity to see a Herd team live, not to mention an honest to god national champion in action.

I am likely going to make the drive down 81 from Winchester, VA

Online Flat Tire 2

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2021, 04:31:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just received the below email.

A limited number of soccer season tickets are still available!

A 2021 Marshall Soccer season ticket will include one (1) ticket to each men's & women's soccer match played at Hoops Family Field. These season tickets will be for the general admission, standard bleacher sections of 101, 102, 104 and 105. Seating is first-come, first-served in these sections.

Section 103 at mid-field (bleacher-back seats) are reserved on a season basis and are sold out for men's matches. All sections are general admission for women's soccer matches.

Once this limited number of general admission soccer season tickets are sold, bleacher seating in Sections 101-105 for the 2021 Marshall Men's Soccer season will be sold out. Single match tickets will only be available in the standing room areas of Hoops Family Field.

Pending match day attendance, bleacher tickets may be available for women's soccer home matches.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 04:34:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is the cost for the general admission soccer tickets? Also, have we heard anything else about adding additional seating for the upcoming season?
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is the cost for the general admission soccer tickets? Also, have we heard anything else about adding additional seating for the upcoming season?

Doesn't look like any additional seating is planed.  In the email that went out the athletic department does mention "standing room" only admission on gameday ticket sales.  The email also said that general admission seating "will be" sold out. 

It appears the athletic department plans to sale all the general admission seating to individuals/families or a supporter(s) stepped up and pledged to buy any unsold general admission seats.  Either way that is good $$ for the soccer program and the athletic department.

Bottom line... if you want a seat at a men's soccer game this season you better step up and buy a season ticket now.  Otherwise you are going to be in the standing room only crowd, provided those don't sell out before you get to the field.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline chris88

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

A regular GA season ticket is $60 + transaction fees and includes all 8 mens home matches (I believe the exhibition vs Charleston is free) and all women's home matches (most of those however are during week). This requires no BG commitment. This guarantees you a seat in the non chairback bleacher area.  Even though it is GA, they will only sell as many tickets are there are seats.  There was a plan in place to add some temp bleachers where some of the standing room area currently resides. Not sure if that is still the plan or not. They may have figured they can put more people in SRO rea without bleachers...not sure.  I don't think cramming people in like that is the best idea, but not sure what the plan is.

I got tix to make sure I'd have a seat even though I might only make 3-4 games.  I think there were many people like me, who put a deposit down to ensure at least a GA season ticket.  The email, imo, reflects that after all season ticket requests were filled, there are a limited number left for those who didn't go the deposit route.  That would mean they have sold approx 1200 season tix. Without new bleachers, the listed capacity of approx 2000 is comprised of at least 800 SRO tix, but we know there were like 2300 at WVU match. This means the SRO capacity is at least 1,000....or almost double the seated capacity. Another reason to get season tix is the consideration for tickets should MU host an NCAA tourney game(s).
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:46:42 PM by chris88 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 06:21:45 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 06:43:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Leave it to our administration to drop the ball on adding temporary seats lol
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline chris88

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 06:52:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Leave it to our administration to drop the ball on adding temporary seats lol

Maybe, maybe not.  Could be they do it for certain games (like WVU) or possibly a logistics/safety issue.

Online whf

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You all may be jumping the gun on seating; Grassie told us here in Cincy last Saturday that they were adding seats and thought the final capacity might be around 4,000. I'm sure that includes standing room, but he specifically said they were adding seats anywhere they could.

Got two season tickets today, $60.00 each, plus $10.00 processing fee.  Only game, for sure, I will make is WVU on 9/17.  Hope to see a few more.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2021, 08:13:48 PM »