Author Topic: Men?s Soccer pre season #1  (Read 1029 times)

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Men?s Soccer pre season #1
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Our schedule is a meat grinder, but I love we are playing it straight up.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2021, 08:23:30 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2021, 10:02:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You all may be jumping the gun on seating; Grassie told us here in Cincy last Saturday that they were adding seats and thought the final capacity might be around 4,000. I'm sure that includes standing room, but he specifically said they were adding seats anywhere they could.

Got two season tickets today, $60.00 each, plus $10.00 processing fee.  Only game, for sure, I will make is WVU on 9/17.  Hope to see a few more.

To go from a permanent seating capacity of a little over 1000 to 4000 in a short period of time seems difficult, if not almost impossible.  I can see MU greatly increasing the seating capacity, 3 to 4 times at the Hoops facility if it was a Permanent construction project, based on engineering designs and plans.  But just to "quickly" add 3000 seats at the soccer facility, I just don't see it happening.  Not sure if such a change could happen without serious designing and preparation, if at all.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 12:56:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You all may be jumping the gun on seating; Grassie told us here in Cincy last Saturday that they were adding seats and thought the final capacity might be around 4,000. I'm sure that includes standing room, but he specifically said they were adding seats anywhere they could.

Got two season tickets today, $60.00 each, plus $10.00 processing fee.  Only game, for sure, I will make is WVU on 9/17.  Hope to see a few more.

I hope that?s the case. There?s a ton of buzz around the program and I want to see how many fans we can get to a game. Would love to sell out with around 4K people at least once. That would be big time.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2021, 12:57:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To go from a permanent seating capacity of a little over 1000 to 4000 in a short period of time seems difficult, if not almost impossible.  I can see MU greatly increasing the seating capacity, 3 to 4 times at the Hoops facility if it was a Permanent construction project, based on engineering designs and plans.  But just to "quickly" add 3000 seats at the soccer facility, I just don't see it happening.  Not sure if such a change could happen without serious designing and preparation, if at all.

Honestly shouldn?t be THAT hard. Could add seating on both sides of the permanent seating we already have. Just extend it from goal line to goal line. Could possibly fit some behind at least one of the goals.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2021, 03:26:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To go from a permanent seating capacity of a little over 1000 to 4000 in a short period of time seems difficult, if not almost impossible.  I can see MU greatly increasing the seating capacity, 3 to 4 times at the Hoops facility if it was a Permanent construction project, based on engineering designs and plans.  But just to "quickly" add 3000 seats at the soccer facility, I just don't see it happening.  Not sure if such a change could happen without serious designing and preparation, if at all.

Not only does it need to be safe, temporary has a way of becoming permanent.  We have no way of knowing how long this sudden success is going to last. If the Herd soccer program  continues on a long term basis, then we need to build something to be proud of. I understand the desire to capitalize on sudden success, but better to build slower and do it right than throw up something that will be embarrassing or unsafe. Remember how we made fun of UCF's seating?  If we stay at this high level we will be bringing in high quality larger schools, lets do things right.
    « Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:28:31 AM by wasbarryb »

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2021, 03:58:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only does it need to be safe, temporary has a way of becoming permanent.  We have no way of knowing how long this sudden success is going to last. If the Herd soccer program  continues on a long term basis, then we need to build something to be proud of. I understand the desire to capitalize on sudden success, but better to build slower and do it right than throw up something that will be embarrassing or unsafe. Remember how we made fun of UCF's seating?  If we stay at this high level we will be bringing in high quality larger schools, lets do things right.

Would that be anything like a "fast nickle, slow dime" ?  8)
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2021, 04:07:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would that be anything like a "fast nickle, slow dime" ?  8)

That reference crossed my mind.   Just because he was wrong about most things didn't mean he wasn't right about anything.

Offline svherd

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2021, 08:12:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could see where we can add a substantial number of bleacher seats to the left of the current seats now. To the right is a little more tight that would require moving the fencing and other things. I hope whatever they do, it will add to the look of the facility and not cheapen it.

Section 103 sold out with season tix, and low in other sections. Should be a fun year with top flight teams coming to the Hoops.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2021, 08:55:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not only does it need to be safe, temporary has a way of becoming permanent.  We have no way of knowing how long this sudden success is going to last. If the Herd soccer program  continues on a long term basis, then we need to build something to be proud of. I understand the desire to capitalize on sudden success, but better to build slower and do it right than throw up something that will be embarrassing or unsafe. Remember how we made fun of UCF's seating?  If we stay at this high level we will be bringing in high quality larger schools, lets do things right.

There?s no issue with safety and I disagree about needing to wait. We have already had multiple standing room only games in the past before winning the NC. We need to get more people in the stadium creating a better atmosphere and getting more fans hooked while we can.

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Building in this 3-month off-season really wasn?t feasible. I am curious about how it will turn out for the Fall 2022 season. There will be time to plan/fundraise for a more permanent seating expansion.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »