Author Topic: Dantoni admits building weak schedule  (Read 6020 times)

Offline 2xBison

Re: Dantoni admits building weak schedule
« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2022, 09:29:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • !

OK, numbnuts, it's called an OPINION Board for a reason.  It's NOT a rubber stamp board!!  If it disturbs you that much, either up your Anxiety meds or just stay off the board altogether.  Better for your peace of mind, perhaps.
    Simmer down, for such a big mouth you are quite touchy.  Offer your opinions (over and over) as we know you will.  Just don't get on here blathering and make false statements about my opinions or positions.  You are so used to using straw man arguments and overstating what others have said, you are too dense to even realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Toro Toro Taxi, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #225 on: October 09, 2022, 09:29:33 AM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2022, 09:11:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Simmer down, for such a big mouth you are quite touchy.  Offer your opinions (over and over) as we know you will.  Just don't get on here blathering and make false statements about my opinions or positions.  You are so used to using straw man arguments and overstating what others have said, you are too dense to even realize it.

Oh really, Bison?  You're the one who addresses a lot of posts critical of D'Antoni with such smarmy and irrelevant remarks like "Danny must have slept with his girlfriend", etc.  What kind of asinine and pertinent statement is that?  You need to look at your own arguments, statements, etc., at times to see just how grounded in reality they are before blindly attacking others.  Again, there should be varying opinions, sometimes widely varying, on a site like this, and you need to grow up and deal with it!

Offline herdyouweresaying

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2022, 02:38:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1580568548107173888?s=20&t=7CDI86bOlO3PiOJil4eY4w

Another non-conference foe picked at the bottom of their league  :P

Offline forphase1

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2022, 02:47:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1580568548107173888?s=20&t=7CDI86bOlO3PiOJil4eY4w

Of course!  I'm sure all the top teams in the A10 were dodging us like all the power schools in the area were, and by golly this was the best darn schedule we could possibly make given that everyone else is scared to play us!  I mean, coming off a 12-21 season, I'm sure all those schools were just terrified at getting crushed by us.  But this schedule is perfect, and is going to have us SO ready to dominate the Sun Belt and to later just roll right through the NCAA tournament.  The Dantoni train is coming, better get on board or get off the track! 

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2022, 02:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Of course!  I'm sure all the top teams in the A10 were dodging us like all the power schools in the area were, and by golly this was the best darn schedule we could possibly make given that everyone else is scared to play us!  I mean, coming off a 12-21 season, I'm sure all those schools were just terrified at getting crushed by us.  But this schedule is perfect, and is going to have us SO ready to dominate the Sun Belt and to later just roll right through the NCAA tournament.  The Dantoni train is coming, better get on board or get off the track!

You got it!!! Roll baby roll!!!

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2022, 04:36:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Wish we could have gotten in the conference somehow , great basketball league

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2022, 09:01:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Wish we could have gotten in the conference somehow , great basketball league

Absolutely!
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Offline coalherd

« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2022, 07:50:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No doubt all A-10 teams except Duquesne avoided any chance of scheduling the HERD because we would weaken or damage their strength of schedule, NET ranking, etc.  :)

Offline herdyouweresaying

« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2022, 10:29:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/OVCSports/status/1582371168832540674?s=20&t=2MSm3H3SbKU7qAjMu9I1Tw

We will be playing OVC favorites Morehead State!  ;D Also will play the third worst team in Tennessee Tech.  :-\

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2022, 10:54:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• True, but we haven't been to the tournament very often.

no, but the guy that took us there the most recently and the furthest into it is constantly bashed here.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Collis P, horsrman, herdorbust2

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2022, 11:18:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no, but the guy that took us there the most recently and the furthest into it is constantly bashed here.

FYI: We went in 1956 and lost to Morehead 107-92; by the way we lost to Morehead twice in the regular season so we were 0-3 against them.

In 1972 we lost to Southwestern LA (now UL) 112-101 and it was vacated. This was probably MU's best team since is was ranked in the AP poll most of the season I believe we were ranked at Number 9 going in to the game and we finished at number 12 in the final poll, not sure about the rankings.

1984 we lost to Villanova 84-72. In 1985 we lost to VCU 81-65. 1987 we lost to TCU 76-60 and it was vacated. 2018 we won one and lost one. I got this from Wiki and you never know if it is accurate. 
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 12:16:01 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • no, but the guy that took us there the most recently and the furthest into it is constantly bashed here.

That happens when you go 12-21 vs a schedule of nothing but 1-bid league programs

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, ru4mu2, coalherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2022, 01:01:18 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2022, 01:07:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That happens when you go 12-21 vs a schedule of nothing but 1-bid league programs

One year fluke so stop living in the past. All is good and going to be a fun entertaining season. I know Herd fans live wallowing in misery but I choose to enjoy what is coming up.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline wlf

« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2022, 02:07:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • D'Antoni teams were the best in modern history. People forget there were only 32 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament in 1972 and we were an at large independent , but we didn't play as well on the road.
     The NIT was practically as credible as the NCAA tournament back then too.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, svherd

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2022, 02:16:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• That happens when you go 12-21 vs a schedule of nothing but 1-bid league programs

you might want to take a look at who we've played the last 50 or so years and especially during our glory years in the SC when we couldn't win an NCAA tourney game
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #240 on: October 19, 2022, 02:32:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • D'Antoni teams were the best in modern history. People forget there were only 32 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament in 1972 and we were an at large independent , but we didn't play as well on the road.
     The NIT was practically as credible as the NCAA tournament back then too.

The NIT was nowhere as credible as the NCAA in 1972. The NIT peak years ended  before 1960.  Getting into a field of 32 in 1972 as an Independent was nearly impossible. Just ask Herdmiester. Nearly every conference winner is now allowed in the Big Dance, it is a lot easier for a team  to get in The Big Dance in today's world. No offense to DD's team, but it was never ranked in any poll, at one point we ranked in the Top 10 during that season.  By the way, UCLA won the championship lead by Hall of Fame  player Bill Walton. That was Walton's sophomore year.
    « Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 02:58:21 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline wlf

« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2022, 07:17:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The NIT was nowhere as credible as the NCAA in 1972. The NIT peak years ended  before 1960.  Getting into a field of 32 in 1972 as an Independent was nearly impossible. Just ask Herdmiester. Nearly every conference winner is now allowed in the Big Dance, it is a lot easier for a team  to get in The Big Dance in today's world. No offense to DD's team, but it was never ranked in any poll, at one point we ranked in the Top 10 during that season.  By the way, UCLA won the championship lead by Hall of Fame  player Bill Walton. That was Walton's sophomore year.
    Read a little more closely! I know I'm not the best writer, but you're evidently not the best reader either.
    By D'Antoni's teams , I was talking about Mike and Danny's teams in the 60s and 70s. I think that's evident from what I wrote thereafter .

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline coalherd

« Reply #242 on: October 21, 2022, 12:11:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/OVCSports/status/1582371168832540674?s=20&t=2MSm3H3SbKU7qAjMu9I1Tw

We will be playing OVC favorites Morehead State!  ;D Also will play the third worst team in Tennessee Tech.  :-\

Guys you can debate the NCAA-NIT "way back when" until you know what freezes over.  What I want to know, perhaps others also, is how in the Heck did Danny and staff not get that Ohio Valley Conference "Powerhouse" LINDENWOOD on the HERD's impressive out-of-conference schedule for 2022-23??

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #243 on: October 21, 2022, 10:14:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • call the basketball office and find out.  blathering about it here won't get you any answers.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #244 on: October 21, 2022, 10:28:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys you can debate the NCAA-NIT "way back when" until you know what freezes over.  What I want to know, perhaps others also, is how in the Heck did Danny and staff not get that Ohio Valley Conference "Powerhouse" LINDENWOOD on the HERD's impressive out-of-conference schedule for 2022-23??

Do you ever stop? You are the biggest loser I have ever seen. This is my point, you just can't stop attacking. Why don't you just stop by the office and ask? You can get every answer you want right there. Because Danny isn't like how the East side of 20th street has been for 12 years. He will welcome you in and answer your questions. Or just show up at practice and ask him before or after practice? I'll guarantee he will tell you why we didn't schedule Lindwood.

The following users thanked this post: HerdMan84

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #245 on: October 21, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys you can debate the NCAA-NIT "way back when" until you know what freezes over.  What I want to know, perhaps others also, is how in the Heck did Danny and staff not get that Ohio Valley Conference "Powerhouse" LINDENWOOD on the HERD's impressive out-of-conference schedule for 2022-23??

And maybe while you are so concerned about why we didn't schedule Lindwood who is picked last, you can ask him why he scheduled Morehead St who is picked first? But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative?

Offline coalherd

« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2022, 12:33:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • call the basketball office and find out.  blathering about it here won't get you any answers.

Hell, Bison, with all your blathering I figured you are a know-it-all and can answer the Question easily. I mean you know EVERYTHING about our Coach and team, from your blather.  Coach's bathroom schedule, boxers or briefs, etc., etc.  Guess some things you just want to keep to yourself!  ;)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #246 on: October 22, 2022, 12:33:43 AM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #247 on: October 22, 2022, 12:37:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• And maybe while you are so concerned about why we didn't schedule Lindwood who is picked last, you can ask him why he scheduled Morehead St who is picked first? But I guess that doesn't fit your narrative?

WTF, bust, Lindwood?  Have trouble with reading comprehension, eh?  Or is it basic spelling?  Perhaps you need to skip a few basketball practice sessions and work on both of those areas a little!!  Just a friendly "hint"!!

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #248 on: October 22, 2022, 05:48:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WTF, bust, Lindwood?  Have trouble with reading comprehension, eh?  Or is it basic spelling?  Perhaps you need to skip a few basketball practice sessions and work on both of those areas a little!!  Just a friendly "hint"!!

Still didn't answer the question. Heck just show up to practice and I'll ask Danny for you and I'll even try to add that EN I left out of Lindenwood lol.

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell, Bison, with all your blathering I figured you are a know-it-all and can answer the Question easily. I mean you know EVERYTHING about our Coach and team, from your blather.  Coach's bathroom schedule, boxers or briefs, etc., etc.  Guess some things you just want to keep to yourself!  ;)
    I am pretty certain I haven't proclaimed knowledge about every detail of the program, I simply expressed optimism for this years team.

Quite certain you've shared much more of your "knowledge" and opinions of the program than I, hence the term "blather".  I think it's the repeating of the same opinion over and over and long posts that makes it blathering.

There are many on this board that share your opinion, they just don't blather on and on about it and hijack every thread. 

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, ru4mu2, pembrook burrows III, Toro Toro Taxi

HerdFans.com

« Reply #249 on: October 23, 2022, 09:53:08 AM »