Author Topic: Savannah Wheeler to MTSU. Why?  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Herd 90

HerdFans.com

Savannah Wheeler to MTSU. Why?
« on: April 01, 2022, 02:58:07 PM »

Offline Herd 90

Re: Savannah Wheeler to MTSU. Why?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 03:18:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't see this has posted in the Transfer Portal thread.  Sorry. 

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 03:57:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought she was in the portal to go P5.  This is a real head scratcher.  She must not be a big fan of our coach or our school.  We can't even keep local stars from transferring to other mid majors.  This is troubling to say the least.  I won't be cheering for Savannah any longer.

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 04:15:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought she was in the portal to go P5.  This is a real head scratcher.  She must not be a big fan of our coach or our school.  We can't even keep local stars from transferring to other mid majors.  This is troubling to say the least.  I won't be cheering for Savannah any longer.

Our coach hasn't had much success, maybe she wanted to go to another school that had a better coach or was more committed to winning. Womens b'ball at MU is an afterthought. 

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 04:32:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As of "Why?". I say probably a sweet NIL deal. Close to Nashville. Murfreesboro is one of fastest growing cities in America and will probably be bigger than Cincinnati in 10 years (if it keeps growing at it's current rate). Around Nashville are some of the wealthiest areas in the US. 

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 05:35:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As of "Why?". I say probably a sweet NIL deal. Close to Nashville. Murfreesboro is one of fastest growing cities in America and will probably be bigger than Cincinnati in 10 years (if it keeps growing at it's current rate). Around Nashville are some of the wealthiest areas in the US.

They don't care about MTSU. I doubt she got anything of substance NIL. You can't get some great networking out of Middle, but in terms of athletics, there's a reason many thought money was the issue they weren't leaving the conference. Big city does not equal NIL to the school.

Online whf

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 05:47:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe she didn't want to play basketball in the SunBelt, who knows? 

Offline Herdman77

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 06:04:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    20 years old. Looks like she is in her mid thirties. Some hit the wall HARD! Stay away from the tanning bed young ladies! Please!
    « Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 06:09:32 PM by Herdman77 »

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 06:18:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is not too hard to figure out. MTSU went 27-8 last year losing by 1 point to Seton Hall in the Semi's of WNIT. Of their 7 players who played 20 minutes or more, five are returning.  The two they are losing are guards,  Wheeler is a guard. Not only does she see playing time, she sees a chance to win. 

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 06:21:10 PM by MidlandKnight »

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, Big City, parshall2marshall, svherd, whf, chris88, wlf, puma, herdfan129

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 06:52:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MTSU has gone to the NCAA or NIT every year since 2003 (not counting 2020 obviously). They're a women's basketball power. We are nothing in that sport. Simple as that.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, herdfan129

Offline Big City

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 07:24:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• 20 years old. Looks like she is in her mid thirties. Some hit the wall HARD! Stay away from the tanning bed young ladies! Please!

What does this have to do with anything in this thread?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, wlf, herdthatandrew, puma, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • nm                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 07:32:54 PM by coalherd »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 07:30:56 PM »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 10:51:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MTSU has gone to the NCAA or NIT every year since 2003 (not counting 2020 obviously). They're a women's basketball power. We are nothing in that sport. Simple as that.

EXACTLY....MTSU women's basketball program is LEGIT.

The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline banker

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 01:09:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you can't beat them, join them.  That's why Jordan asked for a trade to the Pistons...oh wait, that's right, he focused on making himself and his team better.  She's a LeBron.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline coalherd

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 01:33:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Players notice and quickly learn what a school thinks about the sport that they are participating in.  It's not rocket science.  MU hasn't shown any indication and inclination to support women's basketball other than just meeting the minimum requirement of having to put a team out on the floor to meet the NCAA and/or conference requirements.  Winning or losing is of no consequence.  Same goes with every so called "Olympic sport", and that includes baseball.  Pretty clear that players who come to MU to play such sports, like our baseball program, generally just want the scholarship funds and to stick around for the education/degree.  Being a part of a winning and championship program is of little or no consequence.  If that's what they want, they wouldn't be at MU in the first place in about 90% of the school's athletic programs.  Proof?  In over a decade of participating in team sports in CUSA, where there are probably what, 20 to 25 team championships awarded EVERY SEASON, Marshall teams have won, again what, 3 or 4 of such championships?  Nuff Said!!

Offline MUther

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2022, 04:01:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought the women's team had a banner year with major improvement.  Looks like she bailed on building something for something already built.  Pound sand, imo.  She could have been a very visible leader of a decent team. Now she'll be another cog in the wheel of a very good team.

The following users thanked this post: Herd 90, whf, herd33, Buffalo Bop

Offline MUther

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2022, 04:07:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In over a decade of participating in team sports in CUSA, where there are probably what, 20 to 25 team championships awarded EVERY SEASON, Marshall teams have won, again what, 3 or 4 of such championships?  Nuff Said!!

Yeah but we have multiple national championships in at least 2 sports.  No one else can say that in CUSA other than maybe Rice.  The only ones that matter are football and basketball.  That's where the money's at.  The rest are just pats on the back.  We at least snagged one of each in our time there.  Not many if any of the others can say that in this last iteration of CUSA.  I don't think UNT won a football title so I think UAB was the only other one to get both.

The following users thanked this post: kpimichael

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2022, 05:20:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bc Herd lost to Coppin State

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 07:33:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is not too hard to figure out. MTSU went 27-8 last year losing by 1 point to Seton Hall in the Semi's of WNIT. Of their 7 players who played 20 minutes or more, five are returning.  The two they are losing are guards,  Wheeler is a guard. Not only does she see playing time, she sees a chance to win.
    100% correct

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline elginherd

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 08:45:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought the women's team had a banner year with major improvement.  Looks like she bailed on building something for something already built.  Pound sand, imo.  She could have been a very visible leader of a decent team. Now she'll be another cog in the wheel of a very good team.
    Or she'll be the very visible leader of her new team.
    Not only is she a great player, she's easy on the eyes.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2022, 09:47:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She's going to a better program but not a better conference.  C-USA has been gutted and won't be the same league.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2022, 10:54:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe she loves C-USA...somebody has to.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2022, 10:54:16 AM »

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2022, 11:03:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Plus TN is a hotbed for high school girls basketball with a lot of fans, it has been that way since the 1970's. I wonder what MTSU draws for women's basketball.?

Offline MUther

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2022, 11:48:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or she'll be the very visible leader of her new team.
    Not only is she a great player, she's easy on the eyes.

Missed that picture up the thread, did you?   ;D

Offline svherd

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MU lost several players off this years team. She likely knows they will suck again next season. And really guys, commenting on her appearance? Let?s keep it classy. Let it go. Frankly I don?t care what women?s b?ball does, never have.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: wlf

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »