Author Topic: David Early  (Read 5147 times)

Offline Refiners

Re: David Early
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2023, 09:58:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have no idea what the circumstances are surrounding the dismissal. I?m sure that the curiosity in all of us wonder what led to him no longer being a part of our team. That being said, what purpose does it serve to drag rumors and/or accusations of the wrongdoing of this young man to a message board? If it is truly newsworthy, it will come out in due time. Hopefully, we would not want our, or our children?s actions, being scrutinized on a public message board.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, chris88, Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2023, 09:58:06 AM »

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2023, 10:32:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Such BS. Micah gets abused in the paint and gets plenty of minutes. Curfman, Fricks and Conner get heavy playing time but can't keep their man in front of them. There is tape of that also.

Agree. Although I would not have agreed with it, I could of bought had he said " His offensive output doesn't offset his defensive liabilities". To say Early's defense is the reason he didn't play is being disingenuous, Curfman struggles because of his size, and quite honestly Andy's defense of late has been nothing to write home about. How do you play 39 minutes in a game that has 51 fouls and not have one foul? My personal opinion is he is tired and saving his legs for the offensive end. Danny even alluded to the case after one of his press conferences.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, chris88

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2023, 10:49:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree. Although I would not have agreed with it, I could of bought had he said " His offensive output doesn't offset his defensive liabilities". To say Early's defense is the reason he didn't play is being disingenuous, Curfman struggles because of his size, and quite honestly Andy's defense of late has been nothing to write home about. How do you play 39 minutes in a game that has 51 fouls and not have one foul? My personal opinion is he is tired and saving his legs for the offensive end. Danny even alluded to the case after one of his press conferences.

Curfman struggles at times defensively, but I actually think Curfman is a much better defender than he gets credit for being. He plays pretty hard on that end. He and Andy both struggle with really quick guards though.

And Andy as I said struggles with quick guards, but he's also opportunistic. He leads the Sun Belt in steals per game. Really our defense as a whole is pretty opportunistic. It has its weaknesses but it is pretty good at creating turnovers. We are 33rd nationally in that category forcing over 15 turnovers a game.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, herdfan129

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2023, 10:52:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Curfman struggles at times defensively, but I actually think Curfman is a much better defender than he gets credit for being. He plays pretty hard on that end. He and Andy both struggle with really quick guards though.

And Andy as I said struggles with quick guards, but he's also opportunistic. He leads the Sun Belt in steals per game. Really our defense as a whole is pretty opportunistic. It has its weaknesses but it is pretty good at creating turnovers. We are 33rd nationally in that category forcing over 15 turnovers a game.

The defense the first half of the season was much better than it has been lately. Maybe lack of depth has orb them down. But they were rotating and closing out on shooters much better. And we were doing a much better job on the boards as well.

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2023, 12:44:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we know whether Early was dismissed just from MBB team, or the University?
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2023, 04:19:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well if you were ever on the fence about joining the premium board...

No one's spilling anything over there either.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, herdfan129

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2023, 04:22:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

There is barely ever any discussion at all on the premium board

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, beau42m

Offline goherd24

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2023, 04:30:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is barely ever any discussion at all on the premium board

That board died with Morph, rest his soul. I post occasional stuff over there, but it's mostly useless

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Offline goherd24

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2023, 04:35:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not saying you can just tack allegedly onto anything and automatically be Scott-free. But, whatever you say still has to be said as a statement of fact. If it is not presented that way it can not be libel. It is sometimes more tactful than just simply saying "allegedly" but, if something is presented as just a rumor and you do not have any idea on the factual nature of it, then you are pretty clear of libel.

With that said, just because you'd win a libel suit, doesn't mean you can't be sued for it. And no one wants to go to court if they can prevent it, even if they'd win. Plus, if whatever Early did is as bad as what people on here are insinuating, it's only a matter of time before it comes out to the public. So if everyone is patient, we will find out soon enough.

Dealt with this plenty in business and otherwise. And absolutely, spot on. The first thing is saying "i think he may have" or "maybe" or "I heard" or alledgedly, etc. Anything that doesn't make what you are saying a fact and that's it. Had less than scrupulous ex-clients and business partners in the past walk that line like a pro too.

The following users thanked this post: Johnnyherd

Offline herd1990

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2023, 06:42:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That board died with Morph, rest his soul. I post occasional stuff over there, but it's mostly useless

The premium board is dormant.  Never any useful info on there.   But I don't mind giving Wolf $12 to help keep this site going.   Money well spent.
    « Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 07:20:59 PM by herd1990 »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2023, 09:59:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Such BS. Micah gets abused in the paint and gets plenty of minutes. Curfman, Fricks and Conner get heavy playing time but can't keep their man in front of them. There is tape of that also.
    It's now a moot point

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: scherd, herdtown

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2023, 10:00:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do we know whether Early was dismissed just from MBB team, or the University?
    Basketball

Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, parshall2marshall, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2023, 10:00:33 PM »

Offline beau42m

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2023, 02:41:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best wishes to David Early.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2023, 10:37:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He produced on the offensive end but gave it back on the defensive end. Look at the tape.

Stop with this non sense. Marko couldn?t guard my grandma and launches enough bricks to rebuild the Cam, but he played over Early all last year. It was OBVIOUS DD was playing favorites.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2023, 10:42:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Haven?t got a long time now. That?s why I dropped the membership. I had my post removed when I shared info about Chase Litton around 2018 and the board has never been the same since.

This is still the best message board not saying that, but the premium board is no longer an insider board. It?s pointless.

After Morph died the practice reports died as well. That was the true nail in the coffin if you will.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2023, 10:46:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Stop with this non sense. Marko couldn?t guard my grandma and launches enough bricks to rebuild the Cam, but he played over Early all last year. It was OBVIOUS DD was playing favorites.

Marko did not play over Early last year. Early played in all 32 games making 11 starts. Marko played in 28 games and made 0 starts.

Early played 602 minutes and Marko played 392 minutes. Early played 19 minutes per game and Marko played 14 minutes per game.

Early had plenty of opportunity last year and played decently averaging 5 points, 2 rebounds, and 1.5 assists per game, but not spectacular. This year Early didn't get as many opportunities but had some good moments and I do agree from what he did on the court should have been given a few more minutes against the right competition. His strength and ability to finish through contact was needed in certain games. But, Early also wasn't setting the world on fire and made just as many mistakes as he did good plays.

Again, I think he could have gotten and should have gotten a few more minutes. Especially in certain situations where his physicality would be an asset. But, he was never going to be more than the 7th or 8th man off the bench on this team, this year.
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:48:01 AM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: pembrook burrows III

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2023, 10:48:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There were multiple games last year where Marko played over Early.

Marko is terrible. Anyone defending a single minute if playing time for Marko loses credibility. We would be better off with 4 people on the floor.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2023, 10:54:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There were multiple games last year where Marko played over Early.

Marko is terrible. Anyone defending a single minute if playing time for Marko loses credibility. We would be better off with 4 people on the floor.

Who is defending his playing time?

14 mpg was way too many for Marko, I agree. We were also terrible last year. Marko has hardly seen the floor this year, which may be one of the biggest reasons for our improvement, is we've been able to keep Marko on the bench.

But, it's just not factually accurate to say that Marko played over early. Early was given 11 starts and more than 200 more minutes worth of opportunity than Marko was last year. Sadly for Early when you look at their averages, he didn't outperform Marko by that much, at least not statistically.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2023, 11:06:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who is defending his playing time?

14 mpg was way too many for Marko, I agree. We were also terrible last year. Marko has hardly seen the floor this year, which may be one of the biggest reasons for our improvement, is we've been able to keep Marko on the bench.

But, it's just not factually accurate to say that Marko played over early. Early was given 11 starts and more than 200 more minutes worth of opportunity than Marko was last year. Sadly for Early when you look at their averages, he didn't outperform Marko by that much, at least not statistically.

There were countless debates last year about this. At the end of the year, Marko was playing in front of Early. That?s a fact.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2023, 11:16:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• There were countless debates last year about this. At the end of the year, Marko was playing in front of Early. That?s a fact.

Marko being 6-7 and more of a forward than a guard, was the only reason in the very few games he got in more than Early, that he did. That's another one of the reasons this year that Fricks has played more than Early. Early is a guard and can't play any other position and we rarely pull our 1-3 position players off the floor. He was limited in his playing time by position.

Again, I agree with you that at least from what we saw on the floor (no idea what was going on behind the scenes, since he's been kicked off I still think it's totally conceivable that off-the-court issues could have also hurt his playing time) that there were games when he could have and should have gotten a few more minutes. Especially games where we could have used his physicality and strength.

But, again, Early was never going to get a ton of minutes this year. 6-10 minutes a game at most.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2023, 01:47:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Basketball

Thank you.  Looks like whatever transpired did not get him either into West Regional or kicked out of the university.  Basketball wise, I think we will be OK without him.  Life wise, I hope the kid will learn and grow.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD, wlf

Offline Always THE HERD

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2023, 12:06:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is there any public news as to why David Early is no longer on the team and will he have an opportunity to rejoin the team next year? He seemed like such a nice person (at least to me).

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2023, 12:06:35 PM »

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • is there any public news as to why David Early is no longer on the team and will he have an opportunity to rejoin the team next year? He seemed like such a nice person (at least to me).

From what I have heard, David Early was involved in something that could have and could still have legal repercussions. I'd say there is no chance of him rejoining the team unless he is totally cleared of any wrong doing in that situation.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline tnherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #73 on: February 23, 2023, 04:41:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe he can transfer to Alabama. 😂

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2023, 04:59:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• There were countless debates last year about this. At the end of the year, Marko was playing in front of Early. That?s a fact.

well last year is gone and this is this year and Marko doesn't play at all and Early played minimally and is now off the team.

might be time to move on for you.  also, we play for the regular season title of this year tomorrow night.

I don't get it, we up for title you still upset over last year over a guys PT that's not on team and Bust is already upset about what might happen next year.  let's enjoy right here right now.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, VA Herd Fan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2023, 04:59:09 PM »