Author Topic: Marshall loses DC!  (Read 2319 times)

Offline coalherd

Re: Marshall loses DC!
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 07:43:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • $$$ and location

Yea, a really "tuff" decision!!  Huntington and Hillbilly Hot Dogs versus NOrleans and Cajun Food and Seafood!!  Duh!! What to do, what to do??

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2023, 07:43:36 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2023, 07:53:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Yea, a really "tuff" decision!!  Huntington and Hillbilly Hot Dogs versus NOrleans and Cajun Food and Seafood!!  Duh!! What to do, what to do??
    Maybe you should move down there?  I mean Tulane has it going and the dudes a Cajun why can't we just understand it and discuss his replacement?  Why all the self loathing about another G5 taking him and Huntington sux rhetoric.  Should have figured you for a hillbilly hot dogs patron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #27 on: January 17, 2023, 08:11:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you should move down there?  I mean Tulane has it going and the dudes a Cajun why can't we just understand it and discuss his replacement?  Why all the self loathing about another G5 taking him and Huntington sux rhetoric.  Should have figured you for a hillbilly hot dogs patron.

Yep

I love visiting New Orleans but living there?

No

The following users thanked this post: kpimichael, The E-Man, VA Herd Fan

Offline coalherd

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2023, 08:17:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe you should move down there?  I mean Tulane has it going and the dudes a Cajun why can't we just understand it and discuss his replacement?  Why all the self loathing about another G5 taking him and Huntington sux rhetoric.  Should have figured you for a hillbilly hot dogs patron.

Well, after thoroughly rubbing your face in a bowl of fresh dog drek, Bison, I hope you remember to wipe off your beard.  I'm sure the scruffy toboggan comes in handy for that task!

Offline goherd24

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2023, 08:22:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep

I love visiting New Orleans but living there?

No
    Never been to a nastier place than New Orleans. Took alot of scrubbing to get clean when I got home. It was a cool place to visit, but i would never go back, and never consider living there. Took a while to get the smell out of my nose.

The following users thanked this post: kpimichael

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #30 on: January 17, 2023, 08:38:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Never been to a nastier place than New Orleans. Took alot of scrubbing to get clean when I got home. It was a cool place to visit, but i would never go back, and never consider living there. Took a while to get the smell out of my nose.

I love it

Dirty, nasty and awesome

The music, the food, the partying, the chaos

Yes please

The following users thanked this post: ThunderCat98

Offline goherd24

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 08:58:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love it

Dirty, nasty and awesome

The music, the food, the partying, the chaos

Yes please

Eh, maybe 17 years ago, but that time has passed lol

Offline 2xBison

Marshall loses DC!
    « Reply #32 on: January 17, 2023, 10:50:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, after thoroughly rubbing your face in a bowl of fresh dog drek, Bison, I hope you remember to wipe off your beard.  I'm sure the scruffy toboggan comes in handy for that task!
    Keep blathering gramps.

Hilarious, originally I thought it was just another blathering babbling incoherent post from coal.  Gramps thinks that avatar is actually me.  He must think that's garbanjo showing his O face in his avatar. 

Thanks for the laugh gramps, buy a larger size depends it's cutting off circulation to your brain.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 11:16:20 PM by 2xBison »
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline MUther

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2023, 02:05:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not sure why that is a surprise. I said that would happen before the bowl game even happened. No way we have a top 10 D and don't lose that coordinator.

I think the surprise is its to Tulane.  Should not be losing a coordinator to them.  If it was a mid to high P5 team, no one thinks twice about it. 

Hope this doesn't affect Porter's decision badly for us.   Nevermind, saw this before the Porter news.
    « Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 02:14:27 AM by MUther »

Online elginherd

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2023, 08:17:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't understand the NOLA vs Huntington argument at all.
    Completely different places, culture and, to some extent, language...well there is culture in NOLA.

If not for my wife, I wouldn't be back in Huntington...
    But I wouldn't choose to live in NOLA, either.
    There are other tourist-attraction cites where I've stayed for a few days up to 2-3 months where I wouldn't want to live also.
    Among them are the real Charleston, Savannah, Orlando, Myrtle Beach, Tampa-St Pete.

Savannah & Charleston both have incredibly awful areas, similar to NOLA.
    BUT some people love to live there. Different strokes.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 08:28:45 PM by elginherd »
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, ru4mu2

Online svherd

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2023, 08:27:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't understand the NOLA vs HUntington argument at all.
    Completely different places, culture and, to some extent, language...well there is culture in NOLA.

If not for my wife, I wouldn't be back in Huntington...
    But I wouldn't choose to live in NOLA, either.
    There are other tourist-attraction cites where I've stayed for a few days up to 2-3 months where I wouldn't want to live also.
    Among them are the real Charleston, Savannah, Orlando, Myrtle Beach, Tampa-St Pete.

Savannah & Charleston both have incredibly awful areas, similar to NOLA.
    BUT some people love to live there. Different strokes.

Yep, every town and city has its warts. Not a fan of NOLA at all. My favorite cities are San Diego and Vancouver but they have seedy areas like everywhere else. A city I like a lot is Statesville, NC. Hudson, OH may be the most picturesque town I have ever been to - beautiful little town.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 08:48:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Huff seems to like to promote from within. Morrison or Street?

I'm hearing Morrison will be promoted to the DC position
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, miltonherdfan

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 08:48:25 AM »

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2023, 09:17:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I actually think this is a good thing. Several games last year seemed like our opening game plan was rough on D. Then we adjusted and rolled through the rest of the game. We also were extremely talented at all 3 levels.

Promote Ralph Street or Morrison and let's roll! Would love to see either take over the program one day.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2023, 09:20:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm hearing Morrison will be promoted to the DC position

I kind of figured that is what he would do.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2023, 09:22:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why not

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2023, 09:40:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm hearing Morrison will be promoted to the DC position

He's been a DC at several schools and has coached DBs and LB. He has a lot of experience. Currently, he's the LB coach and Assistant Head coach at Marshall.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, svherd, chris88, The E-Man, puma

Online chris88

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2023, 10:14:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the surprise is its to Tulane.  Should not be losing a coordinator to them.  If it was a mid to high P5 team, no one thinks twice about it. 

Hope this doesn't affect Porter's decision badly for us.   Nevermind, saw this before the Porter news.

Tulane just won AAC and won an Access bowl game. Maybe he is hitching his cart to an outstanding coach. Being from down there doesn't hurt i'm sure. Private school that is gated and fenced because up against not so good neighborhood. Big shoes to fill here as the last two or three DC's have been great.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2023, 01:49:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark Snyder's return to greatness?

Offline MUther

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2023, 08:04:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tulane just won AAC and won an Access bowl game. Maybe he is hitching his cart to an outstanding coach. Being from down there doesn't hurt i'm sure. Private school that is gated and fenced because up against not so good neighborhood. Big shoes to fill here as the last two or three DC's have been great.

I'm aware what Tulane did.  I'm also aware they haven't done anything like that since '98.  Meaning they're more likely to repeat a losing season than last season.  That's why it's surprising he would go there instead of somewhere with a HISTORY of winning.  If they backslide, which is a good possibility given their history, it will Guidry back a good bit and make that next job much harder.

Online elginherd

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2023, 08:32:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm aware what Tulane did.  I'm also aware they haven't done anything like that since '98.  Meaning they're more likely to repeat a losing season than last season.  That's why it's surprising he would go there instead of somewhere with a HISTORY of winning.  If they backslide, which is a good possibility given their history, it will Guidry back a good bit and make that next job much harder.

Or not.
    There's a pretty good chance that the Herd will fail to meet expectations also.
    At least at Tulane he'll get bigger paycheck & eat incredible food. 
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2023, 08:47:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Keep blathering gramps.

Hilarious, originally I thought it was just another blathering babbling incoherent post from coal.  Gramps thinks that avatar is actually me.  He must think that's garbanjo showing his O face in his avatar. 

Thanks for the laugh gramps, buy a larger size depends it's cutting off circulation to your brain.

Naw, d-bag.  Just figured the Pic was just one of your inbred relatives.  Just continue with your personal snide remarks cause you have nothing else of any value to add to most of the discussions!.

Offline beau42m

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2023, 11:25:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good. I'm happy for Tulane and for Lance Guidry. Too bad for Marshall.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2023, 11:25:32 PM »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2023, 11:34:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Naw, d-bag.  Just figured the Pic was just one of your inbred relatives.  Just continue with your personal snide remarks cause you have nothing else of any value to add to most of the discussions!.
    Funny.  You talking about personal snide remarks and adding value.  Carry on blather man.  I'll do my best to ignore you as usual but sometimes a response is necessary.  Have fun.  How you like that basketball record??

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline 2xBison

Marshall loses DC!
    « Reply #48 on: January 18, 2023, 11:37:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or not.
    There's a pretty good chance that the Herd will fail to meet expectations also.
    At least at Tulane he'll get bigger paycheck & eat incredible food.
    And he's going home,  funny how we expect or want people to do that here, and they do sometimes but we can't expect someone doing the same at their home.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Always THE HERD

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2023, 09:24:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Has anyone seen anything official on this hiring?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2023, 09:24:47 AM »