Author Topic: Big Time  (Read 316 times)

Online herd1990

Big Time
« on: October 09, 2021, 07:37:03 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • First off, I?m not calling anyone out.  I could certainly do more as a fan a too.  But the mentality for our fan base has to change if we want to get back to respectability.  And when I say Big Time, I mean a legit, year in and year out G5 powerhouse like Boise, Cincy, and BYU.

(1). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we are winning.

(2). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we are playing a P5 at home.

(3). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when it?s 80 degrees and sunny.

(4). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if they lower ticket prices.

(5). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if we hire a new coach.

(6). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if the game is at 4pm or later.

(7). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when Covid is gone.

(8). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we play a better conference schedule.

Everyone wants us to be Big Time.  If you are asking the coaches and players to put in the work, then we fans should be doing the same thing.  Show up when the team is struggling.  Show up when the opponent is less than appealing.  Show up and pay $30 for a ticket.  Show up for the new coach and staff.  Show up for the player?s families.  Show up for the recruits.  Show up for our team.  Show up for Marshall.  But most of all, Show up or Shut up!  I see what Huff meant when he said, don?t get back on the wagon when we start picking up steam.

SHOW UP OR SHUT UP!
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 07:43:46 PM by herd1990 »

HerdFans.com

Big Time
    « on: October 09, 2021, 07:37:03 PM »

Offline herdfan129

Re: Big Time
    « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2021, 07:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • STOP....Memphis, Cincy and the others were averaging what we are currently averaging when they were losing in CUSA.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 07:43:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • First off, I?m not calling anyone out.  I could certainly do more as a fan a too.  But the mentality for our fan base has to change if we want to get back to respectability.  And when I say Big Time, I mean a legit, year in and year out G5 powerhouse like Boise, Cincy, and BYU.

(1). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we are winning.

(2). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we are playing a P5 at home.

(3). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when it?s 80 degrees and sunny.

(4). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if they lower ticket prices.

(5). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if we hire a new coach.

(6). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up if the game is at 4pm or later.

(7). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when Covid is gone.

(8). We want to be Big Time but we will only show up when we play a better conference schedule.

Everyone wants us to be Big Time.  If you are asking the coaches and players to put in the work, then we fans should be doing the same thing.  Show up when the team is struggling.  Show up when the opponent is less than appealing.  Show up and pay $30 for a ticket.  Show up for the new coach and staff.  Show up for the player?s families.  Show up for the recruits.  Show up for our team.  Show up for Marshall.  But most of all, Show up or Shut up!  I see what Huff meant when he said, don?t get back on the wagon when we start picking up steam.

SHOW UP OR SHUT UP!

Please STOP with the fan shaming.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Online herd1990

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 07:44:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please STOP with the fan shaming.

Did somebody get their feelings hurt?  Sorry, Karen.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline Big City

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Did somebody get their feelings hurt?  Sorry, Karen.

You drive more fans away and turn fans off being a d bag like this 👆🏽
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Online herd1990

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 07:47:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You drive more fans away and turn fans off being a d bag like this 👆🏽

Yeah, now it?s my fault people aren?t showing up.  You?re a clown.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 08:03:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the deal:

Over the last 5 years, Doc and Hamrick ran off literally 10,000 hard core fans (between ages 30-80) that will likely never be back.

80% of the fan base that is left, as we saw on this board as recent as 6 hours ago, is pretty disgruntled right now after the poor start this year.

Over the last 20 years we have made next to ZERO new fans ages 0-30 because of poor play. Marshall Football is something you get laughed at for following if you are a school aged kid. It's sad, but it's completely true. 

Do you realize that not one person, in Elementary, Middle, High School, and COLLEGE was old enough (most weren't alive) when we were consistently winning (90's). No one in school today, including college, remembers the 90's.

Do you realize when Marshall was winning consistently that the INTERNET was in it's infancy and looked nothing like it is now? In 96, 97, 98 people were "dialing up" with AOL. People were just starting to buy home computers. Our "glory days" was in a world most young people know nothing about.

It's going to take a while to rebuild the fan base that Doc, Hamrick, and poor play for the most part of two complete decades destroyed.

This is why Doc was fired. They knew we'd have 8-12k to every home game this year. The coaching changed doubled attendance but it's still going to be poor until the university and team changes the image of Marshall Football.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 08:03:03 PM »