Author Topic: So, do we still want to get rid of Doc?  (Read 4104 times)

Offline herdorbust

Re: So, do we still want to get rid of Doc?
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, the no-work, no-show jobs were probably a factor. But I didn't want to bring that up.

I agree that Kresser & Moss falling into the Herd laps were unlikely discrepant events.

We were really good before Knesset and Moss and really good after them. Our best team ever were after them.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »

Offline Herd72

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2020, 03:02:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •    One salient point that can not be denied is that Doc has literally sucked most of the joy and interest out of Marshall football from a fan standpoint. Many, many of my friends were died in the wool, hardcore Herd fans and just are not that interested any more. Personally, I never missed a home game and went to many away games but find myself falling asleep trying to watch on that God Awful Stadium/Facebook. He is boring to the N’th degree, his press conferences and live appearances are almost unwatchable. His play not to lose philosophy has ruined Marshall football for a lot of long time fans. College football is a business and if you turn off the fan base, your business is failing.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MUinDE, ThunderValley, wasbarryb, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2020, 03:08:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •    One salient point that can not be denied is that Doc has literally sucked most of the joy and interest out of Marshall football from a fan standpoint. Many, many of my friends were died in the wool, hardcore Herd fans and just are not that interested any more. Personally, I never missed a home game and went to many away games but find myself falling asleep trying to watch on that God Awful Stadium/Facebook. He is boring to the N’th degree, his press conferences and live appearances are almost unwatchable. His play not to lose philosophy has ruined Marshall football for a lot of long time fans. College football is a business and if you turn off the fan base, your business is failing.

Very well said and on point. Doc has crushed excitement. His non existent realationship with the fanbase and boring style has killed the fanbase. Even at #15 the excitement is no where near the glory exciting days.

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley

Offline MUther

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2020, 04:45:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I get that E.  I really do.  I just don't see that we're so far ahead of the other C-USA teams that also have a commitment in $ and support that we do - Southern Miss fans must be apoplectic with how that program has cratered.   I'm just glad we haven't gone there.

Not too apoplectic. They've beaten us several times in these bad years for them.  Which is E's point.  We can't keep talking about how bad CUSA is and not winning the conference.  We have been part of the dragging down of the conference with many missed opportunities over the years to lead CUSA with quality wins and championships, most of which were based on coaching blunders that fall right in Doc's lap.

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley, The E-Man, herdorbust

Offline elginherd

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2020, 06:05:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were really good before Knesset and Moss and really good after them. Our best team ever were after them.

Read my original post. I made that very point.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline elginherd

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Very well said and on point. Doc has crushed excitement. His non existent realationship with the fanbase and boring style has killed the fanbase. Even at #15 the excitement is no where near the glory exciting days.

It would be much more accurate to state that Snyder sucked the life out; Doc just hasn't fully revived the program.

PR-wise, Doc is kinda boring and fills the air with gems such as 'no doubt', 'no question', 'good kid, deserves everything he gets', spitting out cliches like one of those old dolls where you pulled a ring. But at least he doesn't project arrogance like Snyder did.
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 06:14:03 PM by elginherd »

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2020, 05:49:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It would be much more accurate to state that Snyder sucked the life out; Doc just hasn't fully revived the program.

PR-wise, Doc is kinda boring and fills the air with gems such as 'no doubt', 'no question', 'good kid, deserves everything he gets', spitting out cliches like one of those old dolls where you pulled a ring. But at least he doesn't project arrogance like Snyder did.

IMHO it is more accurate to state that Kayo sucked the life out of not only fball but bball too. Always taking the easy route out and forgetting to follow through on his promises to staff and etc.. He should have increased the BG (with hard work) since the Herd had a Heisman candidate Kayo's  first year as MU AD but each year under Kayo's watch the teams went down hill while his main interest was making sure he made it down to Lexington watch Big Blue bball. He was retired from working while being paid to be the MU AD.       
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Big City, The E-Man, MicDrass1

Offline elginherd

« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2020, 06:36:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO it is more accurate to state that Kayo sucked the life out of not only fball but bball too. Always taking the easy route out and forgetting to follow through on his promises to staff and etc.. He should have increased the BG (with hard work) since the Herd had a Heisman candidate Kayo's  first year as MU AD but each year under Kayo's watch the teams went down hill while his main interest was making sure he made it down to Lexington watch Big Blue bball. He was retired from working while being paid to be the MU AD.       

Good point...

The following users thanked this post: MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was awful ....... very bad for Marshall.  Hamrick a million times better.  Lance West as well.

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #109 on: November 24, 2020, 03:53:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things I think Doc has done well in building a program.

Stuff like the dog cage in practice and the world title Belts given out for strength and conditioning
    rookies have to earn their helmet stripes and M
    the annual run to Spring Hill
    how Doc has embraced the 75
    Docs choice of coaches
    How we play defense
    players graduating
    Winning Bowl games
    we have depth and competition at some positions

I think he has definitely built a “program”

I don’t like his love for punting the football. 
    His Don Nehlen game management and I hate the prevent defense

I’d like to see him let his coordinators run the game and him just scream at the refs

I can forgive him for everything he has done, except blowing that lead against WVU, that was probably the most painful day I have ever or will suffered as a Marshall fan.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, herdfan129

Online wasbarryb

« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2020, 11:18:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

• I can forgive him for everything he has done, except blowing that lead against WVU, that was probably the most painful day I have ever or will suffered as a Marshall fan.

2016?

How can anyone forget that?

The following users thanked this post: ThunderValley, The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2020, 11:18:08 AM »