Author Topic: Fancher really impresses me  (Read 1079 times)

Offline goherd24

Re: Fancher really impresses me
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You are ridiculous. Fancher is a great athlete who is getting better as a QB each week. Hes going to be a good one and I said this a few weeks ago after his 2nd game.

Lmao. This is the worst offense we ever had in decades, with the best RB we have had since Johnson. Lmao. You are such a clown

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2022, 08:13:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have to be one of the most miserable "fans" on the board as of late.  I really hope things get better for you and you are able to enjoy a win.

I call a spade, a spade. You're delusional if you somehow think Fancher is a good QB all of a sudden. We mustered a mighty 23 points this week, and are 14th in the sunbelt in offense lol, with a great group of RBs. What planet do some of you all live on? Improvement from the basement of college football on offense isn't going to win you a damn thing. You might be ok with 7-5/8-4 and some random worthless bowl game vs toledo, but I'd like to have more. That's why we got rid of Doc. Fancher isn't going to win the Sunbelt here, ever.

I am enjoying the heck our of soccer and basketball. Football was over when we couldn't score in spite of so many opportunities against coastal a few weeks ago. Since then, we won with 4 field goals vs ODU and a snooze fest against georgia southern. Sorry but the blood doesn't get pumping for the scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaner bowl
    « Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 08:15:22 PM by goherd24 »

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2022, 08:24:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lmao. This is the worst offense we ever had in decades, with the best RB we have had since Johnson. Lmao. You are such a clown

He?s a FR for goodness sakes. Not our fault you can?t recognize good talent that is young.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, biggreenarms

Offline sardistim

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2022, 09:35:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is definitely playing better than he was.  Give kudos to the coaching staff and the young man himself for significantly improving his game in a short amount of time.  And given that he's a redshirt freshman he could potentially get much better.

But I think he's still got a long way to go till we can call him an impressive QB.  He misses a lot of throws--easy throws.  The long TD he threw in the first quarter was severely under thrown and would have been intercepted if a DB had been closer than the 15 yards he was open.  The offense is pretty simple and doesn't ask him to throw downfield too often, presumably because of his limitations. 

I'm really hoping that one of the true freshmen has more potential and will beat him out next season.  Even an improved Fancher is not the top level QB Herd fans have enjoyed in the past and hope for in the future.

It would be hard to expect that next year's defense will be as extremely as dominant as it is this year.  The offense will have to improve significantly to win next year.  I just don't see that happening with Fancher.  If the young man proves me wrong, I will happily eat my words.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, Scottyo614, HoPPy785, MUonium

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #29 on: November 21, 2022, 08:56:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I call a spade, a spade. You're delusional if you somehow think Fancher is a good QB all of a sudden. We mustered a mighty 23 points this week, and are 14th in the sunbelt in offense lol, with a great group of RBs. What planet do some of you all live on? Improvement from the basement of college football on offense isn't going to win you a damn thing. You might be ok with 7-5/8-4 and some random worthless bowl game vs toledo, but I'd like to have more. That's why we got rid of Doc. Fancher isn't going to win the Sunbelt here, ever.

I am enjoying the heck our of soccer and basketball. Football was over when we couldn't score in spite of so many opportunities against coastal a few weeks ago. Since then, we won with 4 field goals vs ODU and a snooze fest against georgia southern. Sorry but the blood doesn't get pumping for the scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaner bowl

You've called posters delusional in several threads just for noticing and pointing out improvement in Fancher. Unless I've missed it, I haven't read anyone saying anymore than recognizing improvement or being happy for the improvement instead of regressing. I get it that the football program hasn't lived up to your expectations. We all know your thoughts on the subject so there's really no need to keep reminding us ad nauseam of your unhappiness or calling others delusional. 

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Big City, svherd, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, herdfifteen, thelonderee, herdfan129

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #30 on: November 21, 2022, 09:28:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher has much more confidence and he made some plays that he could not have made 2 weeks ago.  I'm also still hoping that we have a freshman that will win the starting spot outright at the beginning of next year.  I'd rather have a more polished and accurate passer, than a have a running quarterback. 
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 09:32:10 AM by Johnnyherd »

Offline MUonium

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2022, 10:00:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • all Fancher might need in the off season is some intense 1 on 1 pass and targeting strength training.  he's a huge asset with his legs, though, and i really like that ace up the sleeve as it forces Ds to dedicate a body.  he's a better/faster runner than any Herd QB i can remember, but maybe someone could debunk that. 

bottom line is if he can reign in the sometimes awkward lefty throwing angles and develop some touch/arch where needed he could be really good for the Herd.  and i agree, it would be a bonus if Huff could get one speedster WR. 

as far as Tricket and his staff, they're slowing building a playbook for him and i think he catches on better than the rest of the QBs (that we know of/have seen recently, including Wells).

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #32 on: November 21, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he's a huge asset with his legs, though, and i really like that ace up the sleeve as it forces Ds to dedicate a body.  he's a better/faster runner than any Herd QB i can remember, but maybe someone could debunk that. 

I keep hearing how Fancher reminds everyone of Pat White and that he has a lot of speed.  Does he have some track and field history or a certified 40 time? 

His running style reminds me of Cato's running style.  They don't stretch their stride out and they have really fast but choppy steps, that's just what i think I'm seeing on TV.

Offline svherd

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2022, 10:23:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You've called posters delusional in several threads just for noticing and pointing out improvement in Fancher. Unless I've missed it, I haven't read anyone saying anymore than recognizing improvement or being happy for the improvement instead of regressing. I get it that the football program hasn't lived up to your expectations. We all know your thoughts on the subject so there's really no need to keep reminding us ad nauseam of your unhappiness or calling others delusional.

Yet Dan walks on water and can do no wrong.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, herdfifteen

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2022, 11:40:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher has much more confidence and he made some plays that he could not have made 2 weeks ago.  I'm also still hoping that we have a freshman that will win the starting spot outright at the beginning of next year.  I'd rather have a more polished and accurate passer, than a have a running quarterback.

One good thing in Fancher favor or any other first team Herd qb, they get to go against one of the best defenses in the nation.

The following users thanked this post: CharlestonHerdGuy, Johnnyherd, MUonium, MicDrass1

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2022, 12:22:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fancher is faster than Cato

He was a Triple Jumper in HS
    Solid one too

He was a 3 star QB
    « Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 12:24:53 PM by MicDrass1 »

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com