Author Topic: Dantoni admits building weak schedule  (Read 6029 times)

Offline SuperAnjario

Re: Dantoni admits building weak schedule
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The first offer should be to Greg Marshall only!  He would immediately turn our program around and draw tidal wave buzz amongst the community.  Everyone makes mistakes and not offering him would be a huge one.  He may have baggage but deserves to right the ship and that ship floats in Huntington.

Should have already done it. 

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, mubowhunter, beau42m

HerdFans.com

« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2022, 05:43:35 PM »

Online 2xBison

Dantoni admits building weak schedule
    « Reply #201 on: October 06, 2022, 05:44:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep, "real Herd Fans" want to keep it going!!  It in reality is winning about Fifty-three percent of ALL the games you play in a very average to mediocre one-bid conference, be it CUSA or SBC.  Additionally, playing a mundane, ho-hum non-conference schedule to boot!  "We play for FUN"!  Yep, that's the battle cry that will inspire more students and more paying customers to "Jam the Cam", I'm sure.

Will no doubt really put the HERD prominently on the national D1 basketball map, for sure, and bring ongoing media attention and limelight on Marshall as a whole, in addition to the basketball program.  Just "keep it going"!
    I get not liking coach or direction of program but we all know how you feel.  You have blathered all off season about it so how about you at least wait and blather on after each loss etc?  I think that's a reasonable request. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, herdorbust2

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2022, 06:10:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Should have already done it.
    Would be a program changer

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline coalherd

« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2022, 06:14:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I get not liking coach or direction of program but we all know how you feel.  You have blathered all off season about it so how about you at least wait and blather on after each loss etc?  I think that's a reasonable request. 

So you want to "keep it going", Bison?  Winning 53 percent of our games?  Wow! You must really be a BIG FAN of MEDIOCRITY!

Discussion was really about possible successors for Dan.  If he left today, why, with the last season's results and his record as a whole would any of his staff really be given serious consideration?  Now if the HERD has a big turnaround year, piles up a great W-L record, makes a serious run at both the SBC regular and tourney titles and for post season play, which we all hope for, that's a different story!  Another year of so-so basketball resulting in an "also run" season in Conference play with little success in the post season Conference tourney is not going to cut it!  And I'm pretty sure that Danny D. is aware of that fact!!  Just the way it is, so deal with it!!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, Johns1124, beau42m

Offline forphase1

« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2022, 08:44:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I get not liking coach or direction of program but we all know how you feel.  You have blathered all off season about it so how about you at least wait and blather on after each loss etc?  I think that's a reasonable request. 

We all know how 'bust feels too, but I don't see you asking him to stop blathering about pumping sunshine and trying to polish a ball of poop.  Maybe he could also wait until after each win or something?  That too is a reasonable request.  Point is, coal has just as much right to blather about his disagreement with the direction of the program as bust does about the rainbows and sunshine of where he sees things going.  If you want to limit one, you should want to limit the other too.  Fair is fair....

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, coalherd

Offline herd247

« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2022, 10:30:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greg Marshall would be a great choice when DD retires. If he's even available

Let's hope we don't have to worry about hiring a new coach.  When it eventually comes to a new coach.....HELL NO to Greg Marshall.....hire him and you might as well roll up the program. No player will ever come here or staff!

On November 17, 2020, Marshall resigned as coach of Wichita State after multiple allegations of verbal and physical abuse spanning years.[19]

Wichita State announced an internal investigation on October 9 after several abuse allegations from both staff and players went public in reports on October 8 by The Athletic and Stadium.[20][21][22] The allegations, some of which were corroborated by several players, included punching player Shaquille Morris during an October 2015 practice, as well as choking assistant Kyle Lindsted during the 2016?17 season.[23] Other allegations detailed in The Athletic include Marshall telling a Native American player to "get back on his horse" and making "Indian howling noises" during the 2018?19 season.[24][23]

Online 2xBison

« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2022, 05:21:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all know how 'bust feels too, but I don't see you asking him to stop blathering about pumping sunshine and trying to polish a ball of poop.  Maybe he could also wait until after each win or something?  That too is a reasonable request.  Point is, coal has just as much right to blather about his disagreement with the direction of the program as bust does about the rainbows and sunshine of where he sees things going.  If you want to limit one, you should want to limit the other too.  Fair is fair....
    Fine you and coal go ahead and blather and bitch away.  Do pre season, season and post season.

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, herdorbust2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2022, 06:47:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fine you and coal go ahead and blather and bitch away.  Do pre season, season and post season.

Trust me they will.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2022, 08:13:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope we don't have to worry about hiring a new coach.  When it eventually comes to a new coach.....HELL NO to Greg Marshall.....hire him and you might as well roll up the program. No player will ever come here or staff!

On November 17, 2020, Marshall resigned as coach of Wichita State after multiple allegations of verbal and physical abuse spanning years.[19]

Wichita State announced an internal investigation on October 9 after several abuse allegations from both staff and players went public in reports on October 8 by The Athletic and Stadium.[20][21][22] The allegations, some of which were corroborated by several players, included punching player Shaquille Morris during an October 2015 practice, as well as choking assistant Kyle Lindsted during the 2016?17 season.[23] Other allegations detailed in The Athletic include Marshall telling a Native American player to "get back on his horse" and making "Indian howling noises" during the 2018?19 season.[24][23]

I know for a fact that Donnie Jones was to have worked for Greg for 2 years at WSU. After one he said that is all he could stand and went to Dayton the next year.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online chris88

« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2022, 08:39:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know for a fact that Donnie Jones was to have worked for Greg for 2 years at WSU. After one he said that is all he could stand and went to Dayton the next year.

I am not defending Marshall but many of the people at WS, if you read their message boards, think the thing was a bit overblown. Some people, however, like former player Ron Baker have been outspoken against Marshall once they knew all the details.

A former player at Xavier told me Chris Mack was a psychopath and told me a couple of stories.  I also know a guy on medical staff at UK when Pittino was there and it's common knowledge he would slap players in locker room etc. I certainly don't want coaches that treat players like that and there should be a clear line no coach should cross but some people can change if given the chance. Those top 25 caliber pressure cooker type programs can create that type of negative environment if allowed to.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #210 on: October 07, 2022, 08:46:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope we don't have to worry about hiring a new coach.  When it eventually comes to a new coach.....HELL NO to Greg Marshall.....hire him and you might as well roll up the program. No player will ever come here or staff!

He'd destroy the Sun Belt in a year or two. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, Flat Tire 2

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2022, 09:07:32 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He'd destroy the Sun Belt in a year or two.

If he could get the players. Every coach he is recruiting against would bring his past up and keep telling the kid all he has done. It would be a huge disadvantage recruiting. I just don't see Gregg ever coaching again.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #211 on: October 07, 2022, 09:07:32 AM »

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #212 on: October 07, 2022, 09:13:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The above looks like a Wiki cut and paste so take it with a grain of salt; I am not defending Gregg. It appears that there was a problem and WSU and Gregg split with Gregg receiving $7.75 million over a seven year period. One would think if Gregg was that abusive, that WSU wouldn't have paid him that sum of money to leave if all the allegations were true? Usually most contracts have clauses on behavior/morality and other items to protect the employer.  Gregg has denied the allegations.

Hopefully Gregg will make changes and grow as a person, if he has problems. Gregg didn't have problems while he was assistant to Greg White at MU and while he coached at Winthrop. Everyone deserves a second chance.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, chris88

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #213 on: October 07, 2022, 09:14:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he could get the players. Every coach he is recruiting against would bring his past up and keep telling the kid all he has done. It would be a huge disadvantage recruiting. I just don't see Gregg ever coaching again.

He?ll coach again soon and win.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, chris88

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #214 on: October 07, 2022, 09:19:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If he could get the players. Every coach he is recruiting against would bring his past up and keep telling the kid all he has done. It would be a huge disadvantage recruiting. I just don't see Gregg ever coaching again.

You never know, Sonny Randle was the most abusive coach I ever watched. He should have been fired at his first spring practice. He still got recruits. That was a different era though,

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline muherd34

« Reply #215 on: October 07, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Should have already done it.

I agree, big time coach that needs a second chance.  We would never take that risk though, it makes too much sense.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall

Offline coalherd

« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2022, 09:44:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Trust me they will.

And you and Bison keep your lips firmly planted on Danny's posterior come Hell or High Water.  Trust me, you two WILL!!

Online 2xBison

« Reply #217 on: October 08, 2022, 10:04:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And you and Bison keep your lips firmly planted on Danny's posterior come Hell or High Water.  Trust me, you two WILL!!

I don't think I've said anything to indicate I'm firmly on DD's posterior.  In fact, I've called him a lazy recruiter and honestly would have been fine if the decision was made by him or administration for him to move on.  That decision wasn't made so for now, I'll be optimistic and hope for the best in our program.  I guess we can add illiteracy to your list of attributes.  You run around here screaming and blathering like a menstruating woman, it's very unbecoming.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Toro Toro Taxi

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

That's so sad it's almost funny. Hopefully GM would "mellow with age", but I would still offer a contract with the stipulation that one or two documented cases of abuse within the program would be grounds for termination.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2022, 11:10:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Intense coach. He has won a lot.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #220 on: October 08, 2022, 01:55:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think I've said anything to indicate I'm firmly on DD's posterior.  In fact, I've called him a lazy recruiter and honestly would have been fine if the decision was made by him or administration for him to move on.  That decision wasn't made so for now, I'll be optimistic and hope for the best in our program.  I guess we can add illiteracy to your list of attributes.  You run around here screaming and blathering like a menstruating woman, it's very unbecoming.
    ;D ;D

Online ed swain

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2022, 02:03:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If win go undefeated who did we beat.?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #221 on: October 08, 2022, 02:03:14 PM »

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #222 on: October 08, 2022, 02:20:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

31 teams I guess!!!

Like going 31-0 wouldn't be an almost impossible feat no matter who you play. Some of you crack me up. I could see it now if we went 31-0. Well big deal who did we play whaaa whaaa!!! Dantoni sucks!!!

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #223 on: October 08, 2022, 02:32:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

All of these guys

Date           Time   At     Opponent           

Oct 28 (Fri)   TBA    Home   Charleston (Exh.)                       

Nov 2 (Wed)    TBA    Home   UPIKE (Exh.)                             

Nov 7 (Mon)    TBA    Away   Queens                                                             

Nov 14 (Mon)   TBA    Home   Tennessee Tech                           

Nov 17 (Thu)   TBA    Away   Miami (OH)                                                           

Nov 19 (Sat)   TBA    Home   Coppin State                                                   

Nov 21 (Mon)   TBA    Home   Chicago State                           

Nov 26 (Sat)   TBA    Home   Morehead State                         

Nov 30 (Wed)   TBA    Home   Akron                                                           

Dec 3 (Sat)    TBA    Home   Ohio                                     

Dec 8 (Thu)    TBA    Away   Duquesne                                                         

Dec 10 (Sat)   TBA    Away   Robert Morris                                                 

Dec 13 (Tue)   TBA    Away   UNCG                                                           

Dec 17 (Sat)   TBA    Home   Toledo                                 

Dec 19 (Mon)   TBA    Home   Glenville State                                                 

Dec 29 (Thu)   TBA    Home   App State                               

Dec 31 (Sat)   TBA    Home   JMU                                       

Jan 5 (Thu)    TBA    Away   Georgia Southern                                                 

Jan 7 (Sat)    TBA    Home   Coastal Carolina                       

Jan 12 (Thu)   TBA    Home   Southern Miss                           

Jan 14 (Sat)   TBA    Home   ODU                                     

Jan 19 (Thu)   TBA    Away   Texas State                                                 

Jan 21 (Sat)   TBA    Away   Arkansas State                                         

Jan 26 (Thu)   TBA    Home   ULM                                     

Jan 28 (Sat)   TBA    Home   Georgia State                           

Feb 2 (Thu)    TBA    Away   App State                                                             

Feb 4 (Sat)    TBA    Away   Louisiana                                                         

Feb 9 (Thu)    TBA    Away   Coastal Carolina 

Feb 11 (Sat)   TBA    Away   Georgia State                                                         

Feb 16 (Thu)   TBA    Home   Georgia Southern                     

Feb 18 (Sat)   TBA    Home   Troy                                     

Feb 22 (Wed)   TBA    Away   JMU                                                           

Feb 24 (Fri)   TBA    Away   ODU                 
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 04:44:18 PM by Toro Toro Taxi »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think I've said anything to indicate I'm firmly on DD's posterior.  In fact, I've called him a lazy recruiter and honestly would have been fine if the decision was made by him or administration for him to move on.  That decision wasn't made so for now, I'll be optimistic and hope for the best in our program.  I guess we can add illiteracy to your list of attributes.  You run around here screaming and blathering like a menstruating woman, it's very unbecoming.
    !

OK, numbnuts, it's called an OPINION Board for a reason.  It's NOT a rubber stamp board!!  If it disturbs you that much, either up your Anxiety meds or just stay off the board altogether.  Better for your peace of mind, perhaps.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #224 on: October 08, 2022, 04:42:35 PM »