Author Topic: Dantoni admits building weak schedule  (Read 6031 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Re: Dantoni admits building weak schedule
« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WTF, bust, Lindwood?  Have trouble with reading comprehension, eh?  Or is it basic spelling?  Perhaps you need to skip a few basketball practice sessions and work on both of those areas a little!!  Just a friendly "hint"!!

When you show up at practice, be sure and let yourself be known. I want to be sure Danny can hook up with you for some coaching pointers

See you in the Cam today (Monday) at 5pm
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, HerdMan84, Toro Toro Taxi

HerdFans.com

« Reply #250 on: October 24, 2022, 06:40:52 AM »

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #251 on: November 08, 2022, 01:47:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #252 on: November 08, 2022, 09:02:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When you show up at practice, be sure and let yourself be known. I want to be sure Danny can hook up with you for some coaching pointers

See you in the Cam today (Monday) at 5pm

Hopefully, HM, ole Danny got a few in game pointers from the "Acting" HC on the Queens bench!  He proved that there was at least one legitimate and quality D-2 caliber HC in the arena last night!!  :)

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #253 on: November 08, 2022, 09:08:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully, HM, ole Danny got a few in game pointers from the "Acting" HC on the Queens bench!  He proved that there was at least one legitimate and quality D-2 caliber HC in the arena last night!!  :)

Dan was schooled frequently last year.  Apparently, the adage about old dogs is true.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #254 on: November 08, 2022, 11:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We lost to another A-SUN team and this one was playing their first game as a D1 team.  That should. It happen at Marshall.

And it is time to stop with the young excuse.  We are not going and if we are playing freshman then that is on the staff. I am tired of the excuses in basketball and football.  We didn?t capitalize on the tournament appearance nor the 2014 season in football.

Now we are playing a weak schedule to prop up wins and still find a way to lose to a first year D1 school.  I am a fan of DD and want to see him succeed but last night doesn?t seem any different than last year.  Hopefully we can get on track and get some wins. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, ru4mu2, chris88

Offline mu79grad

« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2022, 11:16:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • D'Antoni teams were the best in modern history. People forget there were only 32 teams in the NCAA basketball tournament in 1972 and we were an at large independent , but we didn't play as well on the road.
     The NIT was practically as credible as the NCAA tournament back then too.

Actually there were only 25 teams in the NCAA Tournament in 1972, which makes us making the tournament that much more impressive, especially, as you noted, playing as an at-large independent.  The Marquette loss in a squeaker and the St. Johns double overtime win, helped to boost our national ranking.  From the NCAA: The 1972 NCAA University Division basketball tournament involved 25 schools playing in single-elimination play to determine the national champion of NCAA University Division I college basketball. It began on Saturday, March 11, and ended with the championship game in Los Angeles on Saturday, March 25. https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/public/files/NCAA-tournament-bracket-1972.jpg

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline svherd

« Reply #256 on: November 09, 2022, 07:38:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We lost to another A-SUN team and this one was playing their first game as a D1 team.  That should. It happen at Marshall.

And it is time to stop with the young excuse.  We are not going and if we are playing freshman then that is on the staff. I am tired of the excuses in basketball and football.  We didn?t capitalize on the tournament appearance nor the 2014 season in football.

Now we are playing a weak schedule to prop up wins and still find a way to lose to a first year D1 school.  I am a fan of DD and want to see him succeed but last night doesn?t seem any different than last year.  Hopefully we can get on track and get some wins.

How he can say we are young is incredible and frankly, a stupid excuse he has made up. He needs to own up to the fact we are weak and were not well prepared. I like DD, but the excuses are wearing thin.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, forphase1, ru4mu2

Offline herd2win

« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2022, 07:53:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We could have 11 5th year seniors and 1 freshman and that is how DD will describe the reason we lose a game.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, miltonherdfan

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2022, 09:03:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We could have 11 5th year seniors and 1 freshman and that is how DD will describe the reason we lose a game.

Go Herd!!!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2022, 12:58:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    At Dan's age it isn't unlikely he sees everyone in college as young.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2022, 01:31:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • At Dan's age it isn't unlikely he sees everyone in college as young.

Lol, I'm less than half Dan's age and all college kids look like babies to me.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, bighat, wasbarryb

Offline herdyouweresaying

« Reply #261 on: November 22, 2022, 09:01:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • NON CONFERENCE PREDICTIONS

L @Queens (One of the better D2 programs hosting their first ever D1 game) See Newberry when they came in and beat the Herd in a scrimmage and it seems like we don't play well on the road.
    W Ten Tech Looks to have struggled last year, but was able to keep it a 10 point game with a few decent teams
    L @Miami See previous road struggles and this team beat P5 Georgia Tech and almost beat Cincy
    W Coppin State Should be one of the easiest W's on the schedule
    W Chicago State Another one of the worst teams in college basketball
    L Morehead State They were about a minute away from being a tourney team last year
    L Akron MAC always has our number and this was a tourney team
    L Ohio See above about the MAC
    W Duquesne Nervous about this one, but think we will get the dub. They only won 6 games last year, but we only beat them by 1 at our place last year.
    W Robert Morris Road game, but it seems like they weren't very competitive last year.
    L UNCG Don't think we will win 3 straight road games and they will probably be the toughest test out of the 3.
    W Toledo We usually seem to get at least 1 MAC win and I think this will be it at home gearing up for Sun Belt play
    W Glenville State Tune-Up W

When you add it up I think we are 7-6 coming out of the non-conference slate. Maybe 8-5 if we can play well in one of the road games (Queens/MAC)

I have been pretty close on predictions so far! The Miami thumping on the road was the one I didn't see coming and was pleasantly surprised. I was pretty low on the next 3 games, but I think we go at least 1-2 and optimistically 2-1! I think the next 3 games really tell us who this team is!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #261 on: November 22, 2022, 09:01:41 AM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2022, 09:45:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if the current AP poll is any indication on our future foes, Toledo, who is gathering quite a few votes outside the Top 25, could be the toughest foe the HERD faces for the rest of the season.  Need a good, loud crowd in the CAM when the Rockets "fly" in a couple of weeks or so from now!!

Offline herdyouweresaying

« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2022, 09:59:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, if the current AP poll is any indication on our future foes, Toledo, who is gathering quite a few votes outside the Top 25, could be the toughest foe the HERD faces for the rest of the season.  Need a good, loud crowd in the CAM when the Rockets "fly" in a couple of weeks or so from now!!

Although I think Toledo just lost to UMKC and UMKC got upset by a D2 school earlier this season. That?s college basketball for you!

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline coalherd

« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2022, 10:05:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although I think Toledo just lost to UMKC and UMKC got upset by a D2 school earlier this season. That?s college basketball for you!

Exactly, part of the excitement and intrigue of the game overall.  Everyone goes "bonkers" when a little-known underdog knocks off a Big-Boy in March Madness.  Why not a little of the same kind of excitement and thrill when they do the same thing in regular season play?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2022, 10:05:42 PM »