Author Topic: Dantoni admits building weak schedule  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Herdmeister

Re: Dantoni admits building weak schedule
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2022, 08:49:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Personally, I'm getting hyped up for a road trip and game at vaunted Robert Morris.  That Titanic clash with the Pioneers, Colonials, Boutonnieres, or whatever the heck they are called should be a MAJOR media coverage event for Ten, Fifteen even Twenty miles in and around Moon Township, PA!!  I'm telling everyone right now to circle that game date NOW in red, uh Kelly green, on your calendars!! Not every day that MU gets to go up against a school named after a Broadway Actor!!  ;) ;)

I have my hotel rooms in Pittsburgh booked for a nice easy 2 game road trip vs Duquesne and Robert Morris
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD, beau42m, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2022, 08:49:55 AM »

Offline herdyouweresaying

« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2022, 10:11:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder how this schedule will fair for helping or hurting Kinsey's draft stock? He obviously has the physical gifts to play the game at the next level, but I am betting the scouts want to see him perform better this year than last year. The real question is will performing well against sub par competition be enough or will the watered down schedule hurt his stock because scouts won't get a chance to see him compete against other professional caliber college players? I am glad he is loyal and stayed at Marshall, but his professional career may have had its best chance in the transfer portal.

Offline svherd

« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2022, 10:24:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wonder how this schedule will fair for helping or hurting Kinsey's draft stock? He obviously has the physical gifts to play the game at the next level, but I am betting the scouts want to see him perform better this year than last year. The real question is will performing well against sub par competition be enough or will the watered down schedule hurt his stock because scouts won't get a chance to see him compete against other professional caliber college players? I am glad he is loyal and stayed at Marshall, but his professional career may have had its best chance in the transfer portal.

I don't think it will help him at all. They'll want to bring him in for workouts for sure.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Kinsey will make a lot of money overseas. But he won't be in the NBA.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, svherd, elginherd, beau42m

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2022, 10:58:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But wouldn't that 15-16 seed give you the big name you guys are clamoring for? All we hear is we want a big name and Danny is scared and then you turn around and want to play the easiest game possible in the tournament. I'm confused!!!!

This is truly an award-winning post.  It's so bad and beautiful, that I can't even really respond.  Good on you for this.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, beau42m

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2022, 11:15:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is truly an award-winning post.  It's so bad and beautiful, that I can't even really respond.  Good on you for this.

Seems you like talking out of both sides of your mouth.

« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2022, 11:45:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinsey will make a lot of money overseas. But he won't be in the NBA.

I truly believe he will make it to the NBA.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2022, 11:49:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I truly believe he will make it to the NBA.

I hope he does. But that is an elite level. At 6'5" you have to have great handles and a pure outside shot and he has neither. Athletically he is more than ready.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, wlf

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2022, 11:53:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I truly believe he will make it to the NBA.

Rooting for him, but, without an outside shot, his odds are extremely long.  It's not likely even at all a little bit.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, DC01HERD, beau42m, Toro Toro Taxi, herdorbust2

Offline herd247

« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2022, 06:01:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he does. But that is an elite level. At 6'5" you have to have great handles and a pure outside shot and he has neither. Athletically he is more than ready.

I do think it's tough and if his percentages increase, he will have a solid shot.  Ja Morant from Murray State has done pretty well and he a 34% 3 point shooter in college and 32% in the NBA.  I believe Kinsey's game is similar to his.

Offline SuperAnjario

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2022, 06:18:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kinsey hit a completely unworkable 18% last year.  That?s so bad that a player shouldn?t even attempt them. 

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2022, 06:38:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope this schedule gives the team confidence.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2022, 06:38:53 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2022, 11:29:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he does. But that is an elite level. At 6'5" you have to have great handles and a pure outside shot and he has neither. Athletically he is more than ready.

Bust, did you see Chuck's column which indicated that both Jon Elmore and James Kelly are NOT playing overseas this year?  Both, apparently, are supposedly in, or working to get in, the NBA developmental league this season.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2022, 11:43:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have my hotel rooms in Pittsburgh booked for a nice easy 2 game road trip vs Duquesne and Robert Morris

OK, HM, then you're "officially" elected to help the HERD bring back a couple of big "Ws" from the Steel City area this season!!  :) :)

(RM may not be in a hospitable mood when Danny's guys reach Moon Township since their guys didn't fare too well tonight on the pitch at the Hoops facility!!).

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2022, 07:07:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Being 6'5" might be hindrance to playing in the NBA, unless you are guard. Russell Lee was 6'5' and he only played in the NBA for three seasons. For even older fans, Jerry West was a 6'4" forward in college (he even played center a few times to help out his team) while at wvu. He made the transition to being a guard in the NBA. That said, I haven't watched a NBA game for years.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: kpimichael

Offline chris88

« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2022, 09:01:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's hope this schedule gives the team confidence.

I've completely changed my mind. I think the OOC schedule should be even weaker with ONLY home games.  Why even play teams that have a chance vs our team? Schedule the very bottom of D1, some DII and DIII, and even some Naia teams. If fun and entertainment are the goal than I would like to see games at HC be like Harlem Globetrotter games.  Imagine our guys being able to clunk the ball off the opponents head, spin the ball on their toes for a few seconds and then kick it up off the backboard to have Kinsey fly in and dunk it.  Having Curfman shoot three pointers from half court and have OAK rebound any miss and 360 dunk. It would be the pretty normal no defense but our two 7 footers could swat opponents shots away at will leading to 4 on 1 breaks. For good measure, we could have DD pull down the refs pants and expose his Mickey Mouse underwear. Little kids and parents would love it! You'd sell more tickets and I might even drive in from Cincy for a "game". Think about it. It would be a knee slapping good time and we would go into SB play sky high in confidence.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, MUfan08, herd33, ru4mu2

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2022, 09:56:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've completely changed my mind. I think the OOC schedule should be even weaker with ONLY home games.  Why even play teams that have a chance vs our team? Schedule the very bottom of D1, some DII and DIII, and even some Naia teams. If fun and entertainment are the goal than I would like to see games at HC be like Harlem Globetrotter games.  Imagine our guys being able to clunk the ball off the opponents head, spin the ball on their toes for a few seconds and then kick it up off the backboard to have Kinsey fly in and dunk it.  Having Curfman shoot three pointers from half court and have OAK rebound any miss and 360 dunk. It would be the pretty normal no defense but our two 7 footers could swat opponents shots away at will leading to 4 on 1 breaks. For good measure, we could have DD pull down the refs pants and expose his Mickey Mouse underwear. Little kids and parents would love it! You'd sell more tickets and I might even drive in from Cincy for a "game". Think about it. It would be a knee slapping good time and we would go into SB play sky high in confidence.

sounds like you just need to sit out this basketball season. 
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, HerdMan84, pembrook burrows III, Collis P, herdorbust2, herd247

Offline chris88

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2022, 10:42:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • sounds like you just need to sit out this basketball season.

It is what it is, i'm just having a little fun.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, herd33, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, parshall2marshall, svherd, chris88, herd247

« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2022, 03:17:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't follow high school basketball recruiting very closely, are there any of the recruits that we brought to campus that would be big time gets or any that some high majors or good mid majors are actively recruiting?

« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2022, 03:20:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/ASUNSports/status/1577737458762104846?s=20&t=Wk9EfizzfZTce1azlBKBUA

Looks like Queens is picked to be second to last in the ASUN

HerdFans.com

« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2022, 03:20:39 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2022, 03:42:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/ASUNSports/status/1577737458762104846?s=20&t=Wk9EfizzfZTce1azlBKBUA

Looks like Queens is picked to be second to last in the ASUN

And AW and EKU are close to the bottom. Surprising. Cant overlook a D2 team that went 30-4 last year.
    « Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 03:58:24 PM by herdorbust2 »

Offline Toro Toro Taxi

« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2022, 04:40:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And AW and EKU are close to the bottom.

Cant be , AW is the Herds coach in waiting according to some on here .

Offline chris88

« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2022, 04:45:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And AW and EKU are close to the bottom. Surprising. Cant overlook a D2 team that went 30-4 last year.

True.. or anyone else. Hopefully Queens will attract a few more people this year. Last year's 30-4 team had an attendance high of 300 and a low of 55. Two years ago they hosted the conf tourney and the final (with Queens playing) attracted 77 people. I am not kidding, I looked it up. We are the only D1 OOC game they have at home on their schedule. Smart for BB staff to schedule a road game in a place where they don't have to worry about crowd intimidation or pipe in noise when practicing for the trip. Maybe our fans will outnumber them.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2022, 04:45:04 PM »