Author Topic: Some Thoughts From Georgia  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Scottyo614

Some Thoughts From Georgia
« on: November 19, 2022, 11:31:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another Sun Belt away game in the books. Another game where a teams game day atmosphere trumped ours. They had a band rocking out near the stadium, lots going on around the stadium overall and generally just felt fun. Loved the shuttle service with easy parking direction!

Their fans were decent. Once the alcohol got kicking on them they were nicer and wanted to talk. The music wasn't overbearing, the team entrance was outstanding, and overall flow kept you engaged. Huntington needs to take notes. Light show seemed to get the team fired up for the last quarter. We just are so far behind it feels like.

I think I liked Troy more in the end because of concession prices in the end, but I'm a big fan of this southern football on a Saturday night. It feels like a big party that you don't wanna miss. Couple it with an easy drive from Savannah and easy to say I'll come back.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, svherd, chris88

HerdFans.com

Some Thoughts From Georgia
    « on: November 19, 2022, 11:31:08 PM »

Offline gochneaur645

Re: Some Thoughts From Georgia
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2022, 12:23:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe you that the atmosphere outside the stadium trumped ours, but it looked like they had maybe 1/4 the butts in seats we did for App last week. Not impressed at all.

The following users thanked this post: SuperAnjario, BigJimslade

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2022, 05:35:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another Sun Belt away game in the books. Another game where a teams game day atmosphere trumped ours. They had a band rocking out near the stadium, lots going on around the stadium overall and generally just felt fun. Loved the shuttle service with easy parking direction!

Their fans were decent. Once the alcohol got kicking on them they were nicer and wanted to talk. The music wasn't overbearing, the team entrance was outstanding, and overall flow kept you engaged. Huntington needs to take notes. Light show seemed to get the team fired up for the last quarter. We just are so far behind it feels like.

I think I liked Troy more in the end because of concession prices in the end, but I'm a big fan of this southern football on a Saturday night. It feels like a big party that you don't wanna miss. Couple it with an easy drive from Savannah and easy to say I'll come back.

Have been waiting for your take ? thanks

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 07:27:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe you that the atmosphere outside the stadium trumped ours, but it looked like they had maybe 1/4 the butts in seats we did for App last week. Not impressed at all.

It sounds like from fans stuff piled up as the season went killing some of the support and excitement. Caught me off guard they had a student section on one end then in the bottom away corner a section for Greek life. No one was there. I'd guess if they got good and had students come, the place would be a bit more full.

Their in stadium production value was miles better, even if they come out to Thunderstruck (why?) I'd have loved for us to be 9-2 and them 7-8 wins but we can only take what we get in terms of fans at a game.

BJS- I was waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Offline puma

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2022, 07:34:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My only away game this year was JMU but from that experience and what I've seen on TV, the atmosphere of all our opponents is light-years ahead of our old conference.

Our game day experience has a ways to go but it's getting there.

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt, kpimichael

Offline luvherd

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2022, 08:36:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Georgia Southern fans were great. Good atmosphere. Our running attack is so deep now. If Fancher gets more accurate-watch out.  He is very quick and learning the game. Our D played great as always.
    MU Alum
    Big Green Member

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms, The E-Man

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2022, 08:50:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This team has really surprised me the last few weeks. I will admit after the ODU game, I still did not feel good about this team. But the offense has stepped up some and the defense just keeps doing its thing. Don't know anything about Georgia State. I thought I saw that they either won or were winning big yesterday.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, herdorbust2

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2022, 10:54:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ga.State lost 42-40.

Offline Banshee

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2022, 11:25:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Went to the 1AA champ game in Statesboro forever ago, stayed in Savannah and loved it.  Ate at Vinni van Gogo's pizza back then a few time,  was as good as I'd ever had.  Worked in Savannah for 3 months before the pandemic hit and it was still there, and still great, CASH only, lol.  Savannah imho had gone down quite a bit w/ the crime/drugs, but it is the way all in all big/medium cities these days. 

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2022, 07:40:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have to ask once again, since we are getting reports on "new" venues as the HERD goes around our new Conference home the next few seasons; was there anything remotely "close" to the incessant sideline "interludes", nuisance interviews, or "infomercial spots" with Jason Toy et al which the JOAN patrons are subjected to non-stop with virtually every break in the action on the field??

The following users thanked this post: ed swain, beau42m

Offline svherd

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2022, 10:32:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought the super secret athletic committee was gonna look into issues like game day experience. Guess not.

Does this committee even exist?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City

Offline Big City

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 10:50:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wasted a lot of money back in October and bought tickets for a Broncos game. I went to watch my favorite team score a whopping 9 points and blow 3 chances to beat the Jets. Kind of like they way they blew it yesterday against the Raiders.

Monday afternoon, I received an email from Stadium/Broncos specifically about my game day experience. This included everything imaginable.. seating, concessions, entry/exit, music - you name it. This was a very lengthy survey asking for response, scale 1-10 as well as entry options for specific feedback. How far you traveled, how many games you attend a season, over the last 5-8 seasons etc.

I am sure there are a lot of opinions, good bad and ugly collected but I know they use this info to tweak or all around change the game day atmosphere. I thought it would be interesting for Marshall to run a few surveys asking for feedback rather than a small group of fans. If we want to remain relevant and attract more fans ideas like this need to at least be considered.

Has Marshall ever attempted anything in this nature? I still get email from MAC programs where we have purchased tickets from them in the past; Akron, Kent, Ou, Miami and BG. I don't recall receiving any surveys about game day experience.

IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Stripeshrt, svherd, biggreenarms, The E-Man, luckytoes99, Scottyo614

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2022, 10:50:53 AM »

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2022, 11:59:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ive been a member of the BG for over 5 years and until this year I never received ANYTHING. This year I have gotten the magazine and I did get this license plate. Ive NEVER rec'd the first email from Marshall, have never rec'd my BG card for discounts. As a matter of fact, I had to call them to up my donation. Now think about that for just a second! And before you go there, I talked with them year 3 and made sure the email was correct. Its total BS and I have one of the main players in the dept live less than the length of a FB field away from me.

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2022, 12:04:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great post BCity!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2022, 12:05:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wasted a lot of money back in October and bought tickets for a Broncos game. I went to watch my favorite team score a whopping 9 points and blow 3 chances to beat the Jets. Kind of like they way they blew it yesterday against the Raiders.

Monday afternoon, I received an email from Stadium/Broncos specifically about my game day experience. This included everything imaginable.. seating, concessions, entry/exit, music - you name it. This was a very lengthy survey asking for response, scale 1-10 as well as entry options for specific feedback. How far you traveled, how many games you attend a season, over the last 5-8 seasons etc.

I am sure there are a lot of opinions, good bad and ugly collected but I know they use this info to tweak or all around change the game day atmosphere. I thought it would be interesting for Marshall to run a few surveys asking for feedback rather than a small group of fans.
    If we want to remain relevant and attract more fans ideas like this need to at least be considered.

Has Marshall ever attempted anything in this nature? I still get email from MAC programs where we have purchased tickets from them in the past; Akron, Kent, Ou, Miami and BG. I don't recall receiving any surveys about game day experience.

I would forward that email you received to whoever is in charge and can make changes for Herd fans. BTW, my daughter is a die hard Broncos fan  too :)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #15 on: November 21, 2022, 01:45:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I am sure there are a lot of opinions, good bad and ugly collected but I know they use this info to tweak or all around change the game day atmosphere. I thought it would be interesting for Marshall to run a few surveys asking for feedback rather than a small group of fans. If we want to remain relevant and attract more fans ideas like this need to at least be considered.

It's what good businesses do even outside of athletics. My favorite businesses are those they ask me how they can improve and do better. You'll never know where or if you're failing if you don't ask.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, svherd, The E-Man

Offline breckjimison

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2022, 06:17:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I get the same emails from FAU about once a month after I purchased tickets for an MU-FAU football game about five/six years ago. I have never received anything remotely close to this from Marshall, And yes, I have also purchased tickets from MU's ticket office and they have all of my contact info. I am a BG donor as well. SMH???
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 06:25:54 PM by breckjimison »

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Offline BerkshireHerdFan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Former Football Student Manager 2002-2004
    « Reply #17 on: November 21, 2022, 06:39:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was at GSU,  I did not see anything that impressed me or that I was envy of. They do it so well only 12k people showed up for it...
    Knightdale NC

Offline svherd

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2022, 06:54:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was at GSU,  I did not see anything that impressed me or that I was envy of. They do it so well only 12k people showed up for it...

High schools do it better than we do. Lol!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2022, 09:18:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • High schools do it better than we do. Lol!

with all of our great fans, how is that possible?
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2022, 09:33:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • with all of our great fans, how is that possible?

Some of you self anointed super fans need to get a grip on reality.

Marshall sports are an entertainment product, they aren?t a sacred item that Herd fans have a moral obligation to bow down and follow no matter what.  The fan base is the consumer and the Herd produce exists in a highly competitive market.  If the fan finds the product lacking, they are free to go elsewhere.  Those who think otherwise are !diots.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, beau42m

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 11:42:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Some of you self anointed super fans need to get a grip on reality.

Marshall sports are an entertainment product, they aren?t a sacred item that Herd fans have a moral obligation to bow down and follow no matter what.  The fan base is the consumer and the Herd produce exists in a highly competitive market.  If the fan finds the product lacking, they are free to go elsewhere.  Those who think otherwise are !diots.

super fan?  didn't realize I was thank you.  I'm just one of these people that think fans contribute to the atmosphere as does winning. 

No one suggested anyone bow down and follow, I could give two shits if you ever turn on a MU game or attend again.  I'd suggest that you get a grip on reality and learn to read.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2022, 11:42:21 AM »

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2022, 11:58:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • super fan?  didn't realize I was thank you.  I'm just one of these people that think fans contribute to the atmosphere as does winning. 

No one suggested anyone bow down and follow, I could give two %^&*s if you ever turn on a MU game or attend again.  I'd suggest that you get a grip on reality and learn to read.

I not only can read, I can write well enough to get a prickly response from you.  Really is hard to do.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2022, 01:18:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I not only can read, I can write well enough to get a prickly response from you.  Really is hard to do.
    Good.  Now go back to being Superfan police or maybe you are a superfan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2022, 01:18:13 PM »