Author Topic: Construction projects on campus (map)  (Read 3889 times)

Offline W0lfman

Construction projects on campus (map)
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:40:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• HerdFans.com

« on: January 05, 2005, 11:40:11 PM »

Offline HerdNBluefield79

• Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 10:52:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • simply amazing how the campus has transformed since 1990...even in the last 5 years.

I can't wait for the rec center and the IPF to popup.
    In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there's a school. In the middle of this school, there's a fountain. Each year, on the exact same day, the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.

Offline FLORIDA HERD FAN

• Heisman
    « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:57:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seems pretty much the same as when I started in 1963.  :lol:

I had math classes in old military barracks that stood where Smith Hall now stands, and I had several classes in Old Main. Marshall High School was in business at the time.

I went into the military for a few years and came back in 1968. Even then, I had engineering classes in a small delapidated building that once was a butcher shop on 20th Street, across from where the stadium now sits. The ceiling fell in one day.

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 02:26:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Somewhat Marshall related: Did you guys see where CHH/Marshall Medical Center is adding an $88 MILLION bed tower to the hospital?  This in addition to the $45 million Edwards Cancer Center currently under construction there.

With this, St. Mary's new Heart Center being built, the HIMG medical park on 29th street, the Biotechnology buildings at MU and the new construction at the Med. school/forensic science campus at Fairfield and it looks like Huntington may have found its niche.

It's unreal the amount of money being invested in Huntington in the healthcare field.

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 02:33:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • rox,

Huntington has two things going for it that can help it be a great college town:

1) Marshall and the continued rise of the university via athletics

2) Health care, and the associated research dollars and high paying jobs

Offline Thunders

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 05:43:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Things are growing but not only here but in Ashland also.  Have you guys seen Kings Daughters?  That place is unreal compared to our hospitals here. It looks like a nice hotel or mall.  They are building new multi million dollar buildings all the time and are building a new Heart Institute like St Marys but even bigger.  They have taken like 2 of St. Marys best heart surgeons.  Next time any of you are over that way check them out. Very impressive. I think all this medical growth will help the whole region.

The more jobs and money the more money flowing through this town and maybe potential Marshall supporters with lots of money.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Online DallasGreen

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 3/24/2014
    Re:Ashland/Huntington
    « Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 10:14:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Huntington and Ashland could "teamup" to build a new airport since we can't get any cooperation from Charleston.

Offline Thunders

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds like a good idea.  Maybe get Ohio, KY and Huntington to team up for it. Share the profits and build it in Ohio since there is probably more flat land.  Call it the Regional Tri State Airport or something.  Good idea but not for sure how all the laws work with that and stuff.

I was just estimating the amount of money that is being pumped into this region if you include Huntington, Procterville and Ashland and I came up with around $700 mill.  for new development in this area!!  It will be more than that when they get the Kinetic Park thing going.  That is a lot of flow for this area.  Most of it is in medical facilities.   That is where the money is people!!!   This area will look totally different in about 5-10 years from now.  Think of how much it has changed over the last few years and add on 10 more!!!  That is exciting!
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Mako

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It won't look that much different because you still can't get there from an interstate that runs way the hell out of town.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline HerdNBluefield79

• Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: January 07, 2005, 10:39:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    was just estimating the amount of money that is being pumped into this region if you include Huntington, Procterville and Ashland and I came up with around $700 mill. for new development in this area!!

The savior for that entire region has been Marshall. I think that was a great idea for the Tri-State to get their own Airport - but I don't know how much support it would get from WV since the airport will probably be located in Ashland or across the river in Ohio, I don't know if Wayne county has the land or terrain needed for it.

btw, did you guys noticed that Cabell Huntington has changed the color of its logo to Marshall green.
    In the middle of Huntington, West Virginia, there is a river. Next to this river, there is a steel mill. And next to the steel mill, there's a school. In the middle of this school, there's a fountain. Each year, on the exact same day, the exact same hour, the water to this fountain is turned off. And in this moment, once every year, throughout the town, throughout the school, time stands still.

Offline OhYeaahMU

• Junior Varsity
    Won't happen.
    « Reply #10 on: January 08, 2005, 11:58:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't it the FAA that shot down the Regional Airport idea?  Didn't they say it wasn't feasible or necessary?  If that's the case, this talk about a KY-OH-WV airport is nonsense and won't happen.

Offline carolinaherdfan

Teays Valley Air Port Post Person
    « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dear friend, I mean no dis-respect, and those who know me know I am being level with you.  Please, explain what the point of your post is.  I do not live in WV, and sometime's I don't quite understand your posts.

Sadly, as of 2005, the state does not have an airport.xxxxxxxx meaning, an international airport; centered for growth, commerce, and the future.

I, did not understand your post.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

p.s. you don't think we need to do away with air traffic all together do you?

HerdFans.com

Teays Valley Air Port Post Person
    « Reply #11 on: January 08, 2005, 10:35:22 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

Oh, Yeah Teays Valley
    « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2005, 11:04:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I lived in Woods & Iron's before I moved to South Carolina.  We had a great poll party for 10/31 one year and MU won by 5 homes.  It really wasn't  that important, but the party was one I am still paying off.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

Offline OhYeaahMU

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 11:43:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Carolinaherdfan:  The point of my post?  What's so hard to understand?  The FAA declined all funding to the regional airport and, therefore, shot the idea down because they, in the end, found the airport to not be economically necessary for the area.  My post was indicating that if they weren't in favor of building one in the Lincoln County-Hurricane area, then talking about it really doesn't do anything. The proposed airport was to support the Huntington-Charleston area and beyond (into OH and KY as well).  They are not going to determine that a KY-OH-WV airport be built when they already found a regional airport that would support that area to be a waste of federal funds.  I personally disagree and would have loved to see a regional airport for the development of WV.  I also am a frequent flyer and find driving to Columbus and Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky airports to be a waste of my time.  (Of course, I fly out of these when Yeager Airport flights aren't compatible with my needs.)

........Woods & Irons.  Nice homes.

Offline Marco

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 12:17:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can see folks wanting a bigger regional airport between htn/chstn.  but, the charleston airport is getting nicer and nicer all the time with several carriers.  anyway, surely you aren't suggesting an international airport for the area are you??

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 12:26:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    Things are growing but not only here but in Ashland also.  Have you guys seen Kings Daughters?  That place is unreal compared to our hospitals here. It looks like a nice hotel or mall.  They are building new multi million dollar buildings all the time and are building a new Heart Institute like St Marys but even bigger.  They have taken like 2 of St. Marys best heart surgeons.  Next time any of you are over that way check them out. Very impressive. I think all this medical growth will help the whole region.

The more jobs and money the more money flowing through this town and maybe potential Marshall supporters with lots of money.

Kings' Daughters has spent over 100 million in new buildings in the last five years! Currently a new Heart and Vascular center is being built at a price of 67 million!

Also, there was only one physician to leave St Mary's and come to KDMC. And he was a Cardiologist not a surgeon.

The reason I know this is due to the fact that I work in the Cardiac Cath lab here at Kings Daughters. There are a lot of great things happening to a not-so-little hospital in Ashland, Ky!

Here is a link about some of the construction going on.
    http://www.KDMC.com
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline carolinaherdfan

ALL THE AIRPORTS WE NEED!
    « Reply #16 on: January 09, 2005, 12:36:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is hard to understand is why, and how the great state of WV lost their opportunity.

Friendships, and concessions,""not be sufficient to lose that amount of money.  WV deserved better.  

GOTHUNDERINGHERD!

The C      & C      alliance stands for all of WEST VIRGINIA?  Same Story,
    Same Results!

Senator Jay, explained today, January 8, 2005, that West Virginia was recognized as the 49th or 50th poorest state in the union.  That was on
    CSPAN at approximately 4:00 P.M..

We don't need any more airports, industry, highways, jails, railways, gamming, and especially NO MORE EDUCATION!  We don't need "nuttin."

Offline HerdHead

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 10:40:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • carolinaherdfan,
    where exactly did you live in W&Irons?

ohyeeeahMU,
    Where do you live in Teays Valley?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 10:40:53 PM »