Author Topic: Dukes getting smacked  (Read 663 times)

Offline MicDrass1

Dukes getting smacked
« on: March 24, 2024, 05:55:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DD has light years to go to bring Herd a title like he said.

HerdFans.com

Dukes getting smacked
    « on: March 24, 2024, 05:55:06 PM »

Offline herdorbust2

Re: Dukes getting smacked
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 06:51:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SB men and woman's champs got embarrassed. I wish they could have been at least respectable scores.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 06:53:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jmu guards blow past Herd.  Duke guards can do whatever they want against jmu guards.  That?s how poor our guards are. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 07:01:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I thought JMU would play much better as I thought Duke was rather bad against Vermont. But they still get elite players that know how to turn the switch.

Big week down in the triangle as all three teams are in the Sweet 16. I am happy for Kevin Keatts. He has some heat going into the season. He has performed well as a coach the past couple of weeks. Greg White had some dudes on his staffs over the years.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, mu79grad

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 07:02:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pathetic showing by JMU

That's a shame  🤣🤣🤣

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, Big City, svherd

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 07:06:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Reminds me of when marshall would play Top 50 P5 under DD and get waxed by 40-50 every time.
    We couldn?t score 30 on Duke playing like this.  Duke flipped the switch. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, Flat Tire 2

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 07:15:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Reminds me of when marshall would play Top 50 P5 under DD and get waxed by 40-50 every time.
    We couldn?t score 30 on Duke playing like this.  Duke flipped the switch.

That is why I didn't want to get lucky and win the SB tournament. We would have got beat by about 50 or more and been a laughing stock. This league is pure trash in basketball.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2024, 07:24:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is why I didn't want to get lucky and win the SB tournament. We would have got beat by about 50 or more and been a laughing stock. This league is pure trash in basketball.

Def doesn?t prepare you for back to back good opponents if you make it past the first.  We are a very bad mbb team. DD needs to acquire 85-90 new ppg to play with Duke.  That?s an entire new team.
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 07:26:40 PM by MicDrass1 »

Online gochneaur645

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2024, 07:31:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is why I didn't want to get lucky and win the SB tournament. We would have got beat by about 50 or more and been a laughing stock. This league is pure trash in basketball.

That's a ridiculous take. A lot of good basketball teams are going to get smacked down by Duke in the 2nd round of the tourney. JMU went 2-0 against really good B1G teams and dominated almost every other team they played outside of App State.

SBC is indeed really bad from 3 on down to 14, but it's certainly not because of JMU. And there's nothing about this loss that makes them or the SBC a laughingstock.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, horsrman, chris88, miltonherdfan, elginherd, HoPPy785, Herdalum83, FilmJunky

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2024, 07:53:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's a ridiculous take. A lot of good basketball teams are going to get smacked down by Duke in the 2nd round of the tourney. JMU went 2-0 against really good B1G teams and dominated almost every other team they played outside of App State.

SBC is indeed really bad from 3 on down to 14, but it's certainly not because of JMU. And there's nothing about this loss that makes them or the SBC a laughingstock.
    Good points. Totally agree

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, miltonherdfan, Herdalum83

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2024, 07:59:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That's a ridiculous take. A lot of good basketball teams are going to get smacked down by Duke in the 2nd round of the tourney. JMU went 2-0 against really good B1G teams and dominated almost every other team they played outside of App State.

40 points is a laughing stock and make no mistake about it. JMU was never impressive any time I saw them. They were not good at the guard spots this year. Brown and Green could never give them the offense they needed and Freidel is only a spot up shooter. Wisconsin was not that good and Mich St was way over rated at the beginning of the year as they crashed completely out of the polls. If going to the dance gets us a 40-50 point beat down then I'll pass. That is what is wrong with Marshall now. Fans are ok with participating and not competing. And the administration is even worse than the fans.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 10:34:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• 40 points is a laughing stock and make no mistake about it. JMU was never impressive any time I saw them. They were not good at the guard spots this year. Brown and Green could never give them the offense they needed and Freidel is only a spot up shooter. Wisconsin was not that good and Mich St was way over rated at the beginning of the year as they crashed completely out of the polls. If going to the dance gets us a 40-50 point beat down then I'll pass. That is what is wrong with Marshall now. Fans are ok with participating and not competing. And the administration is even worse than the fans.

JMU did compete though. They got blown out today, true by one of the 5 greatest basketball programs of all time. But, they won their first round game and were one of the last 32 teams alive. They brought their program good exposure and money that if used correctly can make improvements to JMU basketball.

By next year no one will remember how bad they got beat by Duke. However, they will remember that they upset Wisconsin in the first round. The Dukes had a great season and a year that is objectively as good if not better than any season Marshall basketball has ever had.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, chris88, miltonherdfan, HoPPy785, FilmJunky

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2024, 10:34:26 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 08:09:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SB men and woman's champs got embarrassed. I wish they could have been at least respectable scores.

Our gals had a great season, well beyond anyone's expectations. Yeah, they didn't play well or like they wanted to, but they go there. Which is more than I can say or likely will say for our mens program - for many years to come. ugh!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, HerdEcon, chris88, Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2024, 08:44:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

My man, JMU LITERALLY won a game against a power conference team in the tournament and then got by a team that they were supposed to get beat by. Duke is a top 3 talented team in America on paper. I bet you weren't saying this when Marshall made the dance and beat Wichita St and then got smacked by WVU. Not one person that was  herd fan said "yeah I'd rather not have made it so WVU wouldn't destroy us. You were backing your former buddy / hero Danny D talking about how great he was at that time for getting Marshall to the tournament.

The following users thanked this post: muherd34, miltonherdfan

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 09:08:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think most are just disappointed by the JMU game yesterday. I think everyone was hoping for either a win or a close game. JMU did win a first round game which is great, but Duke was ready for them; it happens. The majority of of the Sat/Sun were relatively close games except for the JMU game and the Purdue/Utah State game 106-67.

Regarding Utah State, the coach completely rebuilt the team in his first year and he made the team into a  #8 seed and beat a #9 seed TCU 88-72. Remember early in the season, while meshing the Utah State together, they beat a Marshall team 83-60 on a neutral floor.

Marshall played five teams in The Big Dance and lost all six games. Let that sink in.
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 09:12:07 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: svherd, MicDrass1, herdorbust2

Offline chris88

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 10:44:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU made at least 2.5m for SBC in NCAA's. Nobody cares about the score after the game is over for a couple of days...it's just a loss. So much of it can be what the draw is.  VT women lost at home to Baylor last night so they are done too. UNC Tar Heel women lost to SCarolina by 40+.

Anyone sho says they'd rather not make the tourney than make it and lose by 40 isn't very bright IMO. You earn your way into a tourney with top 20% of teams in entire country. DD's team with most everyone back from NCAA's lost the next season at SMiss by 50. Still only counts as one loss. Dusty May took job at Michigan btw.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 11:11:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU did compete though. They got blown out today, true by one of the 5 greatest basketball programs of all time. But, they won their first round game and were one of the last 32 teams alive. They brought their program good exposure and money that if used correctly can make improvements to JMU basketball.

By next year no one will remember how bad they got beat by Duke. However, they will remember that they upset Wisconsin in the first round. The Dukes had a great season and a year that is objectively as good if not better than any season Marshall basketball has ever had.

It's the dumbest take ever. It took about 1hr for most of America to forget about the game and move on. They got tons of good press for the first win. You are 100% correct and obviously more level headed than Bust.

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, miltonherdfan

Offline elginherd

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2024, 11:26:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • JMU shot terribly at the foul line and from the three point line in the first half. Not all of the three's were contested.
    JMU had a season that I wish that we had...losing to Duke and all.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2024, 01:16:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark Byington about to get paid.....Going to Vandy.

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2024, 01:24:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Duke smacked Byington right to the SEC

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2024, 01:29:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mark Byington about to get paid.....Going to Vandy.

That appears to be situation. Interesting that JMU loses their football coach to Indiana and now is losing their basketball coach to Vandy. Those are not the best jobs in those sports. I wonder what gives with JMU? I guess both JMU coaches just wanted to take the money and move? I am sure the luster fell a little bit on the JMU basketball coach after the loss to Duke.

With the Michigan hiring Dusty May and wvu hiring their coach, the only remaining major basketball openings are Ohio State and DePaul.

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 01:36:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That appears to be situation. Interesting that JMU loses their football coach to Indiana and now is losing their basketball coach to Vandy. Those are not the best jobs in those sports. I wonder what gives with JMU? I guess both JMU coaches just wanted to take the money and move? I am sure the luster fell a little bit on the JMU basketball coach after the loss to Duke.

With the Michigan hiring Dusty May and wvu hiring their coach, the only remaining major basketball openings are Ohio State and DePaul.
    Football coach to Indiana made perfect sense.  He's almost 70 and getting paid.  This one, he's 47, hope it works out for him as he seems like a great coach but it could be a career killer as well.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2024, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2024, 01:58:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Football coach to Indiana made perfect sense.  He's almost 70 and getting paid.  This one, he's 47, hope it works out for him as he seems like a great coach but it could be a career killer as well.

I don't know. Seems like a no brainer and how it works at the mid major level. That coach is going to a wealthy SEC school, is one step away from probably the 10 most elite jobs in college basketball, is probably getting a huge payday along with many other perks, will live in Nashville, will pay no state income tax, and play in the richest conference with the best facilities on some of the nicest campuses in college sports. If I'm at any mid major in the country I'm not turning that down. 
    « Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 02:03:32 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 02:14:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know. Seems like a no brainer and how it works at the mid major level. That coach is going to a wealthy SEC school, is one step away from probably the 10 most elite jobs in college basketball, is probably getting a huge payday along with many other perks, will live in Nashville, will pay no state income tax, and play in the richest conference with the best facilities on some of the nicest campuses in college sports. If I'm at any mid major in the country I'm not turning that down.
    Oh, I'm not either.  Didn't mean to imply that I would turn it down.  He wins at Vandy, he'll be at a blue blood next.  If not, he'll be like Bryce Drew, take the 7-8 million buyout and go coach at Grand Canyon, lol

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, THECHAMPISHERE

HerdFans.com

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2024, 02:14:29 PM »