Author Topic: What is the answer at QB for Marshall  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Big City

What is the answer at QB for Marshall
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:13:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/herdfansinfo/status/953233688304775168

Pure speculation: Is there a chance the a new offensive coordinator could bring a transfer along?
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

HerdFans.com

What is the answer at QB for Marshall
    « on: January 16, 2018, 07:13:05 AM »

Offline panthersherd

Re: What is the answer at QB for Marshall
    « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:27:35 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Wow, didn’t now that Hunt had transferred.  Another talent gone.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:29:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wow, didn’t now that Hunt had transferred.  Another talent gone.

Yes, he tweeted his goodbyes a week ago or so.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline svherd

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:03:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Green will be the man. No concerns.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
  • [Like]3
  • [Dislike]2
  • Doc put all his eggs in the Chase Litton basket and now Chase has bailed on him.  If Doc were smart he would have persuaded Morrell to be the backup QB again and actually got him into some games.......you know, in case something were to happen with Litton.  Why a coach would go the whole year without developing a backup QB is just dumb.  At the worse Morrell could have red shirted this year if Chase came back with Green being the backup QB.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:10:03 AM by QuickStrike »

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, wasbarryb, The E-Man

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 10:14:02 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc put all his eggs in the Chase Litton basket and now Chase has bailed on him.  If Doc were smart he would have persuaded Morrell to be the backup QB again and actually got him into some games.......you know, in case something were to happen with Litton.  Why a coach would go the whole year without developing a backup QB is just dumb.  At the worse Morrell could have red shirted this year if Chase came back with Green being the backup QB.

Not sure what you're saying here -- both Green and Morrell got lots of reps as the backup.  I went to a couple of practices and they were being taught, and going through reps, just like they were preparing to play.  You're not advocating burning their RS just to give them mop-up duties are you?  Remember when Aaron Dobson had his RS pulled for about 1/2 dozen plays his freshman year -- can you imagine how dominant he would have been with another year with Cato?
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:43:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Green will be the man. No concerns.

From what I hear about Green I would agree.

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    But in what promises to be another crucial year for head coach Doc Holliday, would he really want to put all his eggs in a basket held by a young man who never has taken a snap in a college game?

It certainly doesn't seem like a good idea.

I assume Landon didn't write this as he was watching True Freshman Tua Tagovailoa outshine True Freshman Jake Fromm in the CFP National Championship Game.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline goherd14562

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Green has a lot of potential with his ability to run. I was also hoping they would give him a chance last year just to see what he could do.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 12:14:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is the answer at QB for Marshall? It's simple, next QB man up!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 12:18:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think next year will be just fine. Green will give you something we haven't had in a while. He can run and move the chains also. The Defense should be really good and that will take pressure off. Then if Green just makes high quality throws and the ability to run, I think we will be more than fine.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, The E-Man, HoPPy785, goherd14562

Offline MUonium

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • considering QB's (all Pro-s i think) currently on roster and Litton as well; so far, advantage Green for the wheels. 
    i guess the next Qs are how do you view his arm, accuracy, and eye-to-decision time and consistency as compared?  i suppose it is a possibility that a GT or Juco could cause more normal/abnormal attrition? 
    prob too much to ask that 100% of the rest of the core group/keys return.  i suppose if there's anything to be said about a small amount of internal shuffling and promoting staff is that it might hold things together a little better.  glass half full for next yr, gonna be real curious if you've got a pulse at all!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 12:49:34 PM »

Offline MUther

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 05:41:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think next year will be just fine. Green will give you something we haven't had in a while. He can run and move the chains also. The Defense should be really good and that will take pressure off. Then if Green just makes high quality throws and the ability to run, I think we will be more than fine.

This assumes everyone else stays.  Nothing in Doc's tenure leads me to believe we won't be shocked at least 5 more times with major players leaving before the first game next year.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Herdalum94

Offline coalherd

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This assumes everyone else stays.  Nothing in Doc's tenure leads me to believe we won't be shocked at least 5 more times with major players leaving before the first game next year.

No doubt, MUther.  That's been a trend in Doc's program for some time now.  No reason to think that it won't continue!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2018, 07:05:05 PM »