Author Topic: Record's update  (Read 1163 times)

Online Always THE HERD

Record's update
« on: January 15, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • No criticism meant....just reporting (don't shoot the messenger!)
    ~
    As of this afternoon:
    Our record: 12 Wins 6 Losses
    All opponents overall records: 162 Wins 155 Losses
    Teams WE have beaten overall record: 93 Wins 118 Losses
    Teams WE lost to overall record: 61 Wins 37 Losses
    ~
    I hope we do better the rest of the season......but the jury is still out.

HerdFans.com

Record's update
    « on: January 15, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »

Offline bighat

Re: Record's update
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The schedule is what it is.  We have been unfortunate to have our big man out when we have played some of the big teams on our schedule.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
    ~
    As of this afternoon:
    ~

Make sure you keep these updates coming next season.  Thanks!!!!!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, goherd24

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 05:46:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make sure you keep these updates coming next season.  Thanks!!!!!
    ~
    I choose NOT to look at next season.....when thinking/talking about the current MBB season. We must face the facts....just like the computer/coaches review would.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~
    I choose NOT to look at next season.....when thinking/talking about the current MBB season. We must face the facts....just like the computer/coaches review would.

What facts? The ones you skew by not taking into account a bevy of other factors?

1. Like who the teams we've beat have lost to?
    2. Have the teams that beat us beat us at full strength or with a depleted roster?
    3. Home vs. Away
    4. Margin of victory, margin of defeat

And on and on and on. Like any stat wins and losses can be represented however you want them to be. Like when last time you wanted to take out Xavier because you knew it made our schedule look weaker and bolstered the numbers you wanted to bolster.

The computers that you mention take in all of the factors that I mentioned above and then some, not just straight win and loss record of our opponents.

But, if you want to talk facts here are some facts.

1. We are 12-6. Are we a bad 12-6 team? A good 12-6 team? Idk. But, being six games over the .500 is better than being six games under .500.

2. The computers that you're apparently such a fan of currently say we are the 141st best team in NCAA basketball out of 351 teams. Which puts us just outside the top 1/3 of the college basketball world as we stand at this moment. Nothing to write home about for sure. But, not terrible either and at 12-6 overall and 3-2 in conference, we have a chance to improve that.

3. According to those same computers, only our loss to Morehead is considered a bad loss. I think every Herd fan would agree that one was unacceptable and never should have happened.

But the bottom line is there is a lot of seasons left to play and a lot more still to find out about this team. Instead of trying to dig up stats to try and devalue what we've done so far, how about getting on board and seeing if we can't make a damn run at the league title. We'll know a lot more about this team at the end of this week. Lose both of these and you're right we're a paper tiger who is just middle of the road in a middle of the road league.

Win both of them and suddenly this tiger is in the hunt!
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 06:14:59 PM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Apollo, Herdalum94

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2018, 06:48:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~

I agree and I have no problem with the facts. I'm just saying....continue to do this right on thru next year. There will be "facts" then also.

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What facts? The ones you skew by not taking into account a bevy of other factors?

1. Like who the teams we've beat have lost to?
    2. Have the teams that beat us beat us at full strength or with a depleted roster?
    3. Home vs. Away
    4. Margin of victory, margin of defeat

And on and on and on. Like any stat wins and losses can be represented however you want them to be. Like when last time you wanted to take out Xavier because you knew it made our schedule look weaker and bolstered the numbers you wanted to bolster.

The computers that you mention take in all of the factors that I mentioned above and then some, not just straight win and loss record of our opponents.

But, if you want to talk facts here are some facts.

1. We are 12-6. Are we a bad 12-6 team? A good 12-6 team? Idk. But, being six games over the .500 is better than being six games under .500.

2. The computers that you're apparently such a fan of currently say we are the 141st best team in NCAA basketball out of 351 teams. Which puts us just outside the top 1/3 of the college basketball world as we stand at this moment. Nothing to write home about for sure. But, not terrible either and at 12-6 overall and 3-2 in conference, we have a chance to improve that.

3. According to those same computers, only our loss to Morehead is considered a bad loss. I think every Herd fan would agree that one was unacceptable and never should have happened.

But the bottom line is there is a lot of seasons left to play and a lot more still to find out about this team. Instead of trying to dig up stats to try and devalue what we've done so far, how about getting on board and seeing if we can't make a damn run at the league title. We'll know a lot more about this team at the end of this week. Lose both of these and you're right we're a paper tiger who is just middle of the road in a middle of the road league.

Win both of them and suddenly this tiger is in the hunt!
    ~
    ........so, I ask.....are we going to the NIT, NCAA or other tournament "based ONLY on your criteria".....??

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 08:38:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Im usually against anything other than ncaa or nit. But i think it could be beneficial this year if we dont get better. The more george, watson, williams, west can play the better heading into next year. Jmo

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~
    ........so, I ask.....are we going to the NIT, NCAA or other tournament "based ONLY on your criteria".....??

If the season ended today? No. But it doesn't end today. Let's see where things end up. Lots of basketball to be played.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just a personal observation on our record as of mid January, 2018.

Don't look now, but the Herd's most impressive win thus far has been our road win at Toledo. 

As of tonight's action, the Rockets of the MAC are now 12-6.  They just won tonight 91-57 over Ohio U.  A 34 point win over the Bob kitties UP IN ATHENS!!  OUCH!

Let's replace that victory at the top of the list with one over MTSU on Thursday night!  GO HERD!!

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just a personal observation on our record as of mid January, 2018.

Don't look now, but the Herd's most impressive win thus far has been our road win at Toledo. 

As of tonight's action, the Rockets of the MAC are now 12-6.  They just won tonight 91-57 over Ohio U.  A 34 point win over the Bob kitties UP IN ATHENS!!  OUCH!

Let's replace that victory at the top of the list with one over MTSU on Thursday night!  GO HERD!!

I wonder if OUs fans had a hemorrhage like ours did after the WKU beat down.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Online chris88

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:11:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Toledo leads the western side of MAC...generally considered stronger side.  They are 4-1.  Buffalo looks like class in east of MAC.

Marshall was picked 7th in CUSA and currently resides tied for fifth....despite injuries.  Next 2 games will determine whether we are contenders or pretenders in conf regular season race.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:11:58 PM »

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bringing up Toledo is a perfect example why the OP's post at this point in time is pointless.

We beat Toledo on the road, then barely beat OU at home.

OU beat WKU at the Convo who killed us at home. But, then OU gets blown out by Toledo.

There is simply too much basketball left to know a whole lot about anyone.

All the analyzing of opponents records and what this team is doing and that team is doing, means nothing. The only thing that matters is what we do.

BIG week this week. Let's see how things shake out.
    « Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:54:04 PM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, The E-Man, HoPPy785, herdorbust

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 10:08:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ahem, how about now?   8)

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Big City, Apollo

Offline rvntx

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 10:18:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make that 13-6....

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 10:52:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That should help a bunch. Now on to UAB!!!!

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2018, 11:31:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Been waiting for the new post. I guess we beat a solid team and it doesn't warrant one of these things. The only thing I can agree on is we should not have lost to Morehead. The win last night just made things even on the good win/bad loss section of the resume. But, we still have a chance to get some solid wins and boost things up. UAB is below us in the RPI which means we need to take care of business and beat them at home. Can't worry about anyone else at this time.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 12:44:15 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
    ~
    As of this afternoon:
    ~
    ~
    Update as of this afternoon:
    Our record: 13 Wins 6 Losses
    All opponents overall records: 183 Wins 170 Losses
    Teams WE have beaten overall record: 111 Wins 130 Losses
    Teams WE lost to overall record: 72 Wins 40 Losses
    ~
    Still wishing the best for us.....

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 11:40:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~
    Update as of this afternoon:
    Our record: 13 Wins 6 Losses
    All opponents overall records: 183 Wins 170 Losses
    Teams WE have beaten overall record: 111 Wins 130 Losses
    Teams WE lost to overall record: 72 Wins 40 Losses
    ~
    Still wishing the best for us.....
    ~
    Update as of this evening (02-01-18):
    Our record: 14 Wins 8 Losses
    All opponents overall records: 247 Wins 220 Losses
    Teams WE have beaten overall record: 151 Wins 161 Losses
    Teams WE lost to overall record: 96 Wins 59 Losses
    ~
    Still wishing the best for us.....but we need to make adjustments!!!!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 12:27:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Make sure you keep these updates coming next season.  Thanks!!!!!

To be honest, Im more worried about this season than next. We here that in football wait until next season. We have the talent to make a splash this season. To many things could change next year this is why I dont look ahead. One year at a time lets take care of business this year, then next season will take care of itself.

The following users thanked this post: CoachSkip

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
    ~
    As of this afternoon:
    ~

Funny I didn't see any of this when we beat UAB and MTSU in back to back games.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, usedcars1, Apollo

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funny I didn't see any of this when we beat UAB and MTSU in back to back games.
    ~
    You are making your comments based on the Jan. 15 reply.....why not on what I posted Feb. 02???

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 09:13:01 AM »

Offline Apollo

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~
    You are making your comments based on the Jan. 15 reply.....why not on what I posted Feb. 02???
    First thats irrelevant to the asked of you and second, why not answer the question instead of deflecting?

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ~

Just pointing out an observation. You posted none of this drivel when we beat two quality opponents. We lose a game and off you go on your don't shoot the messenger stuff and post negative things about this team. I find it hard to believe that you really mean that you don't want anything bad happening to this team. I hope I am wrong, since I don't know you personally.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, CoachSkip

Online Always THE HERD

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just to put more clarity on our situation as I have posted since 01-12-18:
    ~
    Date      Our Record   Opponents     We Beat     We Lost
    01-12      12/5      142/142     89/110               
    01-13      12/6      162/155     93/118     72.40
    01-19      13/6      183/170     111/130     72/40
    02-01      14/8      247/220     151/161     96/59
    ~
    ~
    I hope we improve the remainder of "this" season!! We don't need to be concerned at this time for next year.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »