Author Topic: Marshall wants to give Middle its best shot  (Read 890 times)

Offline Big City

Marshall wants to give Middle its best shot
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Marshall was attacking too quickly in the first half of a Saturday night Conference USA men's basketball game at Old Dominion University and not allowing its offense to put things in motion, D'Antoni said. The result was 33.3 percent shooting, a 2-for-12 performance on 3-point attempts and the Monarchs building a 14-point halftime lead on their Ted Constant Center home court.

After D'Antoni's halftime talk Marshall players got the ball and the defense moving before attacking. Marshall shot 46.7 percent and was 7-for-15 on 3-pointers in the second period while cutting the deficit to two before falling, 82-76.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/marshall-wants-to-give-middle-tennessee-its-best-shot/article_63320c7a-fff4-534a-a2a8-96807a085d8b.html
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

Marshall wants to give Middle its best shot
    « on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:26 PM »

Offline coalherd

Re: Marshall wants to give Middle its best shot
    « Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:27:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article is spot on.  Last 2 losses have a pattern:  Cold shooting and terrible start for the Herd result in pretty big deficits by halftime, which prove to be insurmountable and produce 2 losses.  Key in next two games against 2 of league's stronger programs is better starts, better shooting and not falling behind by large deficits.  I believe DD would agree that it "ain't" rocket science!!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Article is spot on.  Last 2 losses have a pattern:  Cold shooting and terrible start for the Herd result in pretty big deficits by halftime, which prove to be insurmountable and produce 2 losses.  Key in next two games against 2 of league's stronger programs is better starts, better shooting and not falling behind by large deficits.  I believe DD would agree that it "ain't" rocket science!!

Yep. Dd said we played way to hurried and never moved the ball in out offense. Get peneva back and i think we will have a good shot thur-sat.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:02:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep. Dd said we played way to hurried and never moved the ball in out offense. Get peneva back and i think we will have a good shot thur-sat.

Hey, herdorbust, guess you, HM, and some others will probably see some practice sessions prior to Thursday.  Hope you all can give us an assessment of how Penava looks, moves around in practice, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Peneva practiced today.  I expect he will be back Thursday.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, The E-Man, coalherd

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, chris88, Herdalum94

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 08:05:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey, herdorbust, guess you, HM, and some others will probably see some practice sessions prior to Thursday.  Hope you all can give us an assessment of how Penava looks, moves around in practice, etc.  Thanks in advance.

I'm going to try and be there tomorrow and wed.

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline Collis P

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey, herdorbust, guess you, HM, and some others will probably see some practice sessions prior to Thursday.  Hope you all can give us an assessment of how Penava looks, moves around in practice, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Penava and George practiced today -  They both in my opinion will play Thursday, with that said Penava looked about 90% and George about 80%.....  Any minutes will help......................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, The E-Man, coalherd, goherd14562, Herdalum94

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 07:28:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Ajdin and Darius will both play on Thursday. Prior to practice Monday Danny felt Ajdin would play. Then after watching Darius in practice, he believes George will also be on the floor Thursday night.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, coalherd, goherd14562

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 09:06:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My concern is they are gonna rush both back to playing and both will have issues the rest of the season that will affect their output. Hope I am wrong; but ankle and foot injuries are tricky and can become chronic, which is not good. Lets shoot for a run in the tourney with a full/healthy squad. jmo.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My concern is they are gonna rush both back to playing and both will have issues the rest of the season that will affect their output. Hope I am wrong; but ankle and foot injuries are tricky and can become chronic, which is not good. Lets shoot for a run in the tourney with a full/healthy squad. jmo.

Danny is aware of that. He told us if he felt that were the case, he would sit them longer
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny is aware of that. He told us if he felt that were the case, he would sit them longer

+1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:39:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think if they were going to rush them back, they would have done it against ODU. DD knew he needed Peneva in a big way up there. But still left him on the bench.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

The following users thanked this post: chris88, The E-Man

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 06:54:18 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Peneva and George both looked free of injury to me today. We should be at full speed Thursday. We need these 2 games.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 10:25:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

We have to "hold serve" the next 2 games for any real chance for the #4 seed, because of the home loss to WKU and having to close out the regular season with 2-3 tough road games. My opinion but sounds logical.

"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then there must be no tears, no regrets - just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine." - Dr. Who [#1] ( Wm. Hartnell ) - Doctor Who
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 11:59:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have to "hold serve" the next 2 games for any real chance for the #4 seed, because of the home loss to WKU and having to close out the regular season with 2-3 tough road games. My opinion but sounds logical.

"One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then there must be no tears, no regrets - just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine." - Dr. Who [#1] ( Wm. Hartnell ) - Doctor Who

It is imperative to go 2-1 at least over the course of the next 3 games. If we can that would put us at 5-3 heading into a favorable stretch of games

@UTSA
    @UTEP
    FIU
    FAU
    @Rice
    @North Texas

All 6 of those should be winnable games. Before we get the return game with ODU. So if we can win two of the next three heading into that stretch we could be looking at being 11-3 before the Monarchs come to Huntington. That's kind of a best-case scenario but certainly possible.

Then we would end the season with the aforementioned matchup at home with ODU, Charlotte at home and road trips to Middle and UAB.
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:03:31 AM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 07:25:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It is imperative to go 2-1 at least over the course of the next 3 games. If we can that would put us at 5-3 heading into a favorable stretch of games

@UTSA
    @UTEP
    FIU
    FAU
    @Rice
    @North Texas

All 6 of those should be winnable games. Before we get the return game with ODU. So if we can win two of the next three heading into that stretch we could be looking at being 11-3 before the Monarchs come to Huntington. That's kind of a best-case scenario but certainly possible.

Then we would end the season with the aforementioned matchup at home with ODU, Charlotte at home and road trips to Middle and UAB.

Great post!
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 07:25:08 AM »