Author Topic: Great come back win for the Vikings, their fans just did the Thunderclap!  (Read 492 times)

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • In case you missed it the Minnesota Vikings finally had a come back win go their way. Did anyone notice the Viking fans doing (the Herd's Thunderclap?) It looked awesome with their purple clad fans.

The following users thanked this post: LUVTHATHERD

HerdFans.com

Offline Bob25526

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Diggs, wasn’t he recruited here? And, he played for MD when we beat them?

Offline The E-Man

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Diggs, wasn’t he recruited here? And, he played for MD when we beat them?

I don't know if we recruited Diggs, but he was hurt when we played the Terps in the Military Bowl Game.

Offline CoachSkip

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know what kind of tackle the Saints player was trying to do but my goodness . I think he was trying to tackle him with his back ,what a bonehead play , wrap him up and the games over .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Online mu79grad

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The coordinated efforts of what the Vikings fans did with their version of the Thunderclap looked great.  No reason why a consistent coordinated effort at The Joan could not be worked out in a similar fashion.  I'm partial to the Thundeclap.  The section where the Thunderclap originated was where my deceased parents had season tickets.  I always do the Thunderclap, even if no one else does, as a tribute to them.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, The E-Man

Offline gochneaur645

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They copied Iceland's national soccer team. Not nearly as in rhythm but still cool. We should definitely adopt this style with Marco at midfield leading it.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, LUVTHATHERD

Offline parshall2marshall

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have all day to just keep the play in front of you. Wrap up, try to keep the rx. in bounds. Game over.

"Home. You make it sound like a good place. I like you, Kowalski. I like you. I've been waiting for you for a long time. ... Oh, how I've waited for you. Everywhere and since forever. Patiently. Patiently. That's the only way to wait for somebody." - Female Hitchhiker ( Charlotte Rampling [uncredited] ) - Vanishing Point [UK version] (1971)
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 01:08:28 AM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herd2win

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think that even if the tackle is made Diggs likely would have been tackled out of bounds with 2 seconds to play and the Vikings can kick the game winner of about a 50 yard FG...

Offline parshall2marshall

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With the momentum the defender had at a 90 degree angle  there was no guarantee he would have made it out of bounds. Odds were against it. Even if he did make it out of bounds the Saints would like their chances on a 52-55 yd Viking FGA.

Interesting that MN is hosting the Super Bowl this year.  ;D
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Skidude

• [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If defender made contact with Diggs - he arrived so early it would have been pass interference.  So, spot of foul plus 15 yard penalty.  Game can't end of a defensive penalty - so, the interference call would have ended up being a chip shot field goal attempt of about 35 yards or so.  Odds are, Vikings would have won the game anyway.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline gochneaur645

Re: Great come back win for the Vikings, their fans just did the Thunderclap!
    « Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 03:24:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If defender made contact with Diggs - he arrived so early it would have been pass interference.  So, spot of foul plus 15 yard penalty.  Game can't end of a defensive penalty - so, the interference call would have ended up being a chip shot field goal attempt of about 35 yards or so.  Odds are, Vikings would have won the game anyway.

It's a spot foul, not the spot plus 15 yards, so it would have been about a 51-yard FG. Which still would have been a huge blunder by the defender. Tougher situation than it looked for him.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just a great play by Diggs. Diggs would have been drafted higher but was hurt his last year of college.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »