Author Topic: Chase tweet  (Read 854 times)

Offline W0lfman

Chase tweet
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, kpimichael

HerdFans.com

Chase tweet
    « on: January 14, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »

Offline mu79grad

Re: Chase tweet
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Classy tweet.

Offline overherd1

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Indeed...all the best to him.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:31:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agreed! time to move on.

Offline MidlandKnight

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Agreed! Very Mature statement from a 21 year old. Some older people could learn a lesson from this.

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, The E-Man, herdfifteen

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 08:29:51 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope he makes it.  Good luck Chase!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:55:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Taking the high road. Well done young man.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase matured a great deal over the past year and it was evident, wish him nothing but the best. Wonder if Clark's success influenced his decision.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:51:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good luck Chase; I enjoyed watching you play.

I wish you the best!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 11:01:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good luck and make herdnation proud.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 11:28:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've always liked Chase. Always thought he was well spoken and an above average QB for this university.

BUT...I think what we are missing in all of this is...why the heck is he doing this? What is going on within the program? And why wouldn't he want to come back for a SPECIAL season...when it appears the stars are aligning next year? Does he know he's not going to start?

What type of guy bails on his team when he really isn't an NFL prospect. You know what I mean? It's not like this guy is Byron or Chad...and even those guys stuck around for their senior year. You know who else in college football left after their Junior season this year...LAMAR JACKSON. Oh, and he's got a Heisman trophy as well. Those are the type of situations that make sense. Is there even any comparison between a LJ and CL?

If things go right for Chase next year he could be a millionaire and be a first two round pick. Instead...he may end up saying paper or plastic like Kurt Warner or would you like fries with that for a few years? Why risk that?

Offline HerdKelly

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I've always liked Chase. Always thought he was well spoken and an above average QB for this university.

BUT...I think what we are missing in all of this is...why the heck is he doing this? What is going on within the program? And why wouldn't he want to come back for a SPECIAL season...when it appears the stars are aligning next year? Does he know he's not going to start?

What type of guy bails on his team when he really isn't an NFL prospect. You know what I mean? It's not like this guy is Byron or Chad...and even those guys stuck around for their senior year. You know who else in college football left after their Junior season this year...LAMAR JACKSON. Oh, and he's got a Heisman trophy as well. Those are the type of situations that make sense. Is there even any comparison between a LJ and CL?

If things go right for Chase next year he could be a millionaire and be a first two round pick. Instead...he may end up saying paper or plastic like Kurt Warner or would you like fries with that for a few years? Why risk that?

Maybe it is simply that he has graduated and feels it is best for him to move on.  Yes he could improve his draft stock, but that isn't guaranteed.  He could get hurt, have a bad year, etc.  I don't know that one more year with a new coach and new system magically makes him a first or second round pick.  He has had his share of trouble (issues) in Huntington and maybe needs a fresh start. 

There is uncertainty about what kind of offense he will be playing in.  Maybe he doesn't want to start over with a new offense/playbook.

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 01:11:13 PM »

Offline kpimichael

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 04:23:53 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for wearing the Marshall Uniform...whichever color and shade it may have been at the time :)...    Always appreciate the efforts of student athletes.   Best of Luck on your future endeavors wherever they make take you and always look for the Herd Nation for help...we are everywhere.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, coalherd

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • nice..+1

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »