Author Topic: Typo by Chase?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

Typo by Chase?
« on: January 14, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Could he have meant LFL??? Which would make a lot more sense.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:16:09 AM by THECHAMPISHERE »

HerdFans.com

Typo by Chase?
    « on: January 14, 2018, 03:05:27 PM »

Offline W0lfman

Re: Typo by Chase
    « Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 03:19:40 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on.  thank the kid for his time at MU and wish him luck.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Thundering In MD, The E-Man

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ole Champ.  Never disappointing the board with such great content.

Offline TheTruth

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could he have meant LFL??? Which would make a lot more sense.

Man get off of here with that. Has he made some bad game decisions? Yes. Has he made some bad personal choices? Yes. But he still suited up for the Herd for 3 years, won a lot of games, and more than anything was one of our boys. Just cause you don’t like his play doesn’t change the fact he’s a son of Marshall. Take your grade school insults somewhere else.

Offline Ninegate

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:09:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • Seems like with some of our fans if you are with the football program any type of shitty comment is fine. But if you are one of Dan’s boys it’s all sunshine and blue birds. Didn’t Elmore look into the NBA last year?

The following users thanked this post: Stripeshrt

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 04:14:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Oh you guys take things too seriously. I was and am one of his biggest supporters on here. I think he is a pretty doggone good QB and think much of his lack of success is due to coaching. I don't believe the 3/4ths of this board who keep attacking him. I think this will cost us a few wins next year. What do you bet the new excuse is rookie QB. P5 games are almost sure losses now.

We maybe had a shot at 12-0 next year with Chase...6-6 would not surprise me now with a rookie QB.

With that said, him declaring for the NFL is laughable.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:21:14 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • Seems like with some of our fans if you are with the football program any type of %^&*ty comment is fine. But if you are one of Dan’s boys it’s all sunshine and blue birds. Didn’t Elmore look into the NBA last year?

Can't compare Elmore and Chase for 2 reasons. 1. Elmore never intended to leave Marshall he went through the process so he could get a talent evaluation and see what parts of his game he needed to work on. Because In basketball, you are allowed to declare and come back, so Elmore used that rule to his advantage, he never was looking to leave Marshall last year, in football, however, as soon as you declare you are done, so this isn't Chase weighing his options like Elmore this is Chase saying "goodbye Huntington." 2. Elmore has suited up every single game for Marshall since he became eligible. He's played hurt, he's played sick and he's played damn near 40 minutes in every single one of those games giving us every ounce of everything he's had since he's been here. On top of that, there have been 0 accusations of Elmore breaking team rules or not being well liked in his locker room. Chase, well, he just doesn't have Elmore's heart or leadership.

As a sport, I like football more than basketball. So I'd consider myself a bigger Herd football fan than basketball fan but some of you Doc jock riders go way out of your way to try and down D'antoni and the basketball program and every single time you all never know what the hell you're talking about.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:27:01 PM by Herdalum83 »

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, parshall2marshall, Collis P, Apollo, The E-Man, Herdfan2005, herdorbust

Offline elginherd

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 08:47:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not think he is at all ready for the NFL. However, Chase's camp may have the opinion (which has some validity) that Chase has a better chance to grow into it with private training as a pocket passer than he does under another college offense.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 08:52:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I do not think he is at all ready for the NFL. However, Chase's camp may have the opinion (which has some validity) that Chase has a better chance to grow into it with private training as a pocket passer than he does under another college offense.

One thing for sure, we have players that are in the NFL,( Clake,& Byrd) that somehow didn't get much attention here with Doc's coaching staff go figure! I feel like Chase number's would have been higher had he been in a system to fit his skills.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, parshall2marshall, wasbarryb, elginherd, THECHAMPISHERE

Offline elginherd

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 09:11:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing for sure, we have players that are in the NFL,( Clake,& Byrd) that somehow didn't get much attention here with Doc's coaching staff go figure! I feel like Chase number's would have been higher had he been in a system to fit his skills.

Agreed...
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Online chris88

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 11:37:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe you can return for college as long as you don't hire an agent.  Is that correct??
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Online Gaylen

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 12:11:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Champ, you got to learn how to type tongue-in-cheek.

The following users thanked this post: THECHAMPISHERE

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 12:11:29 AM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe you can return for college as long as you don't hire an agent.  Is that correct??

I think I read somewhere he's hired an agent. I could be wrong.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 06:29:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

The only thing chase is lacking doesnt come from coaching. Chase has all the tools. But he is skiddish and worriied about taking a hit. And that is the reason for off balance and back foot throws. You cant coach that and the hits will be much harder and more plentiful in the nfl.

Offline MUther

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 08:54:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

There's a discussion about that specifically on the insider board.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 09:26:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

In college basketball you can. In football the moment you file the draft paper work with thr NFL to offically have your name added to the draft list your college career is over, even with no agent and even going undrafted you can not return to play in college.

The following users thanked this post: beau42m

Offline MUonium

Re: Typo by Chase?
    « Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 09:32:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • not fully clear or it could just be me!....if it isn't my lack of comprehension, then surely somebody in this world can help the ncaa better define their rules (to be fair, it's a complicated job).  is there wiggle room or not!

ncaa.org    Remaining Eligible: Professional Draft Inquiries

Current student-athletes may contact a professional sports organization to discuss eligibility in a professional-league player draft or to request information about professional market value without affecting their amateur status.
    A current student-athlete loses amateur status in a particular sport by asking to be placed on the draft list or supplemental draft list of a professional league in that sport. Amateur status is lost even if the athlete’s name is withdrawn from the draft list before the actual draft, the athlete is not drafted, or the athlete is drafted but does not sign an agreement with a professional team.
    Basketball student-athletes may enter a professional league’s draft once during their college career without jeopardizing their eligibility as long as they are not drafted by a professional team and as long as they declare their intention to resume playing for their college team before the first day of the spring signing period, typically in April.
    This year, men's basketball student-athletes wishing to retain their eligibility must withdraw from the NBA draft by 11:59 p.m. Tuesday, April 10. This applies only to underclassmen who already have declared for the draft.
    The NBA’s deadline for student-athletes to enter the draft is April 29. However, if underclassmen declare between April 11-29, they will relinquish any remaining college eligibility.
    This timeline is due to a rule adopted by NCAA member schools in 2011. The rule change is designed to help student-athletes make a decision earlier than in the past to focus on either academics or athletics and also give coaches more flexibility with roster-planning and recruiting.
    A student-athlete, his or her parents or the university’s professional sports counseling panel may negotiate with a professional sports organization without the loss of the student-athlete’s amateur status. However, a student-athlete who retains an agent will lose amateur status.
    The NCAA is reviewing its current agent and advisor legislation to ensure that student-athletes have the best information at the right time to make informed decisions. The NCAA is not likely to change its opposition to student-athletes receiving benefits from agents and advisors but will discuss how advisors might help provide information to student-athletes who are weighing their professional options.

Offline svherd

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • One thing for sure, we have players that are in the NFL,( Clake,& Byrd) that somehow didn't get much attention here with Doc's coaching staff go figure! I feel like Chase number's would have been higher had he been in a system to fit his skills.

Which really brings me to question why our staff recruited the kid at all. I mean if his skill set didn't match what we needed in our scheme, why waste his time and ours? Basically doing him a disservice.  I don't recall but did he have any other offers out of high school?

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which really brings me to question why our staff recruited the kid at all. I mean if his skill set didn't match what we needed in our scheme, why waste his time and ours? Basically doing him a disservice.  I don't recall but did he have any other offers out of high school?

Chase was heavily recruited by USF, UCF, and a lot of other schools.

Offline svherd

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 12:26:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase was heavily recruited by USF, UCF, and a lot of other schools.

But did he have any offers E? I don't really recall. I wonder if his recruitment was a lot like AJ Grahams, no FL schools reportedly offered the kid due to some issues.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2018, 02:25:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But did he have any offers E? I don't really recall. I wonder if his recruitment was a lot like AJ Grahams, no FL schools reportedly offered the kid due to some issues.

I'm pretty sure Chase had offers, he just chose the Herd to getaway from Florida.

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm pretty sure Chase had offers, he just chose the Herd to getaway from Florida.

I think Chase had some high school trouble that limited his offers? Pretty sure he had an arrest in his high school days that scared a lot of schools off.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »

Offline coalherd

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 05:57:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Have to agree E!

First, have to wish Chase all the best.  Don't realistically know his chances of sticking in the NFL.  If not, maybe Cato's old CFL QB slot is still in play!!

As for MU football, well, IMO, Its ALL on Doc now!!  No more Legg to kick around/blame!  Ditto for Litton!  Both coordinator jobs are Doc's to fill.  Surely to God he'll be smart enough/realize from the Legg offensive scheme vs. Litton's strengths/weaknesses as a QB scenario, square peg vs. round hole, if you will, that MU's new OC should be someone who utilizes a system that best fits the abilities of his personnel.   If the Herd QB is to be Greene, Morrel, whomever, just hope the system fits the talent and visa versa.

As for Gaines, just hope the new OC can find a place for him in the system and utilize his skills.  Maybe as a slot back, H-back, etc., just somewhere where we can get him the ball out in space.

So, IMO, success, or lack thereof, of MU football in 2018, and going forward, is all in Doc's court now.  His staff, and in year 9, ALL his recruits!!  If that success is not forthcoming, then the state of MU's football will definitely ALL be in HAMRICK's Court, due to the questionable extension he gave Doc in 2016!!

Offline beau42m

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 06:39:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Maybe they can show the highlight reel to the NFL scouts where Chase lost Marshall three straight games due to his turnovers this year! Chase will end up like that DB for Marshall I think his first name was Corey (Tyndall?)
    , he declared for the NFL draft, failed to get drafted, and didn't make the final cut for the Bengals. Then just a few days/weeks later he got robbed while playing poker. Remember him? Happy trails, Chase, get your head on straight, jobs for ex-Marshall QB's are hard to secure in the CFL.
    « Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:46:39 PM by beau42m »

Offline wvmafia

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I haven't read any of threads about Chase, because I don't want to get into the "bashing" or letting one of the few fans that thought he's the "Savior" of the program and the problems we've had offensively are not AT ALL his fault.

That said, I DO thank him for coming to MU and I DO want to thank him for his effort because (for all the negatives I see in his game) I have no thoughts that he gave less that 100% as a competitor.

In a sincere angle, I hope he got his degree OR his scholarship allows him to return to school to finish it.

Does anyone (remember I didn't read any of these threads and it may have been answered 1000 times already) know if he's set, from an academic standpoint, for the rest of his life?

"When you take that field today, you've got to lay that heart on the line, men. From the souls of your feet, with every ounce of blood you've got in your body, lay it on the line until the final whistle blows. And if you do that, if you do that, we cannot lose."

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 06:39:37 PM »