Author Topic: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft  (Read 6247 times)

Offline herd2win

Re: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2018, 06:48:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Eric Kresser available?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2018, 06:48:38 PM »

Offline whf

« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2018, 06:53:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think the fans didn't buy tix because Chase was the QB. That's a stretch.
    Fans bitched about Legg and Chase both, as I remember it. In the stands, they were all over him during games.  I'm just saying that on offense there is a complete change-over; no excuses now for fans to stay away because of our offense.  IMHO, you'd have to make up excuses now not to come back to the games next year if your a fan of Herd football.

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herd2win

« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would bet Chase did not want to leave Florida and come back to WV so I bet his friends and family during the break convinced him to try for the NFL and if it does not work out just finish college in Florida.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LJ Chaney‏
    @pacificscouting
    Follow Follow @pacificscouting
    More
    Marshall QB Chase Litton will sign w/ Steinberg Sports. Leigh really wanted him, so that's great news for Litton.

4:06 PM - 14 Jan 2018
    4 Retweets 1 Like James KoutoulasZach LittonDevy Football FactoryDevy Watch Podcast
    1 reply 4 retweets 1 like
    Reply 1   Retweet 4   Like 1

Matthew Lawless

@Lawless2Lawless
     10m10 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @pacificscouting
    Surprised by the news today. Thought he had the chance to dramatically improve his stock next season in a weaker QB class. Still hoping for the best for him

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like
    Reply   Retweet   Like 1

Online Scottyo614

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Walter football listed him 2-4 round projected with possibility of day 3. All depends on work outs now

Offline BipolarFan

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2018, 07:23:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Good luck to Chase.

Personally, I think he is way too inconsistent to be an NFL QB. 

I am much more pumped for the Isaiah Green era to begin than I would have been from another year of some great QB play here and there, but with quite a bit of bad in between.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, HoPPy785

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2018, 07:41:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greene is better than Kai Locksley are whoever is.  Bring in a true freshman stud qb and let him and our current qb's battle it out.  Build the next great Herd qb.  If the OC is the right hire then we are fine with a young qb corp.  Question is does Tyre Brady dip??

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2018, 08:09:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase has the gold standard QB firm representing him, so someone believes.

Offline rvntx

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2018, 08:34:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://walterfootball.com/draft2018underclassmen.php

Chase gets an B, QB from Houston gets a F-.................
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:38:31 PM by rvntx »

Online The E-Man

« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2018, 08:36:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase has the gold standard QB firm representing him, so someone believes.

Those firms and agents have nothing to lose and are hoping to hit a home when a player declares for the draft.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline Apollo

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greene is better than Kai Locksley are whoever is.  Bring in a true freshman stud qb and let him and our current qb's battle it out.  Build the next great Herd qb.  If the OC is the right hire then we are fine with a young qb corp.  Question is does Tyre Brady dip??
    If you don't even know who the kid is, how do you know Green is better? You can't know that until they're both battling it out in practice, IF KL even comes here. In another thread you said bring in the Martinsburg kid, now you say bring in a stud true Fr. Which do you want? Bagent would not be "stud QB" and idk if KL is better than Green, but I do know he'd be a better choice than Bagent. You contradict yourself too much.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Because you keep doing the same things. You're doing it now and trying yet again to act like you're the victim. It's old. It's played. Don't keep saying "you're only discussing it via PM" , then just do it. Quit going back and forth over nothing, hijacking threads and then acting like you've done nothing wrong.

Wait.

Did you just make yourself out to be the victim by complaining that someone else is playing the victim? I think you did.

Mental, yes, and yet oh so clever.

You saw that people were figuring you out, just as I said they had last night... so?... soooo, you upped your game.

I'm impressed.

But it gets better...

Did you just assist in hijacking a thread to talk about someone else hijacking a thread?

Whoa. I'm in awe of the genius.

And the icing on the top.. did you just cry out that someone wasn't using PMs to discuss what rightfully should be discussed by PM by NOT using a PM?

How very Lucy-like of you. How very Charlie Brownish of me. But I'm doing the Roger Daltrey thing now, and we won't be fooled again. Gave you a good faith chance for a good faith PM discussion, and clearly your motives are something different than good faith at this point.

And/but, speaking of doing what you say you're going to do, I think you're on maybe your 57th time saying you had firmly decided to just not engage my posts.

Yet here you are.

Again.

The behavior speaks for itself. No additional descriptions or name calling necessary.

=============
    EDIT: Nah, it doesn't work that way, Lucy. You don't do what you've done over the last 24 hours, and NOW decide you want to attempt a good faith PM discussion. Wasted your time trying. Not reading anything there, not reading anything more of yours here for awhile. Imposing on you a time out where I'm concerned, but good for you, there's all these other people here who are your buds who will always reassure you of your superiority. Chatter with them. I defend that by saying I've never sought out your posts looking for opportunity to crap on you in a personal way. My criticisms have always (because they are always anyhow) been directed at the content of what is said or how the content is presented... substance, not personal attack. I am neither superior nor inferior to you as a person, and so it's not even something that ever occurs to me to post about. Even though you occasionally do, indeed, post something substantive and worth discussing, I've lost any interest in engaging you. Supposedly, awhile back, you did with me, too... so call it even, and let's just agree to be disinterested and live up to that.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:55:58 PM by _sturt_ »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2018, 09:19:05 PM »

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2018, 09:22:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Man PBIII what about the gun man on the "Grassy Knoll".  I do like your thinking.  Hopefully I will be back at the Cam for either one or both of our games on this next home stand.  I am having problems getting my legs back under me. I guess that is what happens when you get past 65.  Sub freezing weather makes it tough to get out and move around.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2018, 09:25:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think the fans didn't buy tix because Chase was the QB. That's a stretch.

To be fair, sv, I think the point is that the two primary targets of fan wrath are now out of the picture, and that for that population, it's safe to return to the Joan now.

Chase clearly had a close relationship with Legg, and vice-versa. Seems likely to me that he 90% had his mind made up from the moment he learned Legg was leaving.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Given time to digest this, I think Chase probably made the right decision. There's a pretty good chance that every one of the top 10 QBs will end up either on a roster or on an NFL practice squad next fall, and Chase might as well be getting tutored by someone at that level as playing here.

Good luck to him. Even with the weird roller coaster relationship with many fans, it sounds like he's carrying his Marshall experience proudly.

Yes, he's got some maturing to do even yet, but that sooooo could have been said of me at that age, and I'm guessing a majority of folks here would acknowledge the same.

He's flashed enough to suggest he's physically capable. But now the tough part for practically every QB who aspires to get to the big time... can he improve his decision-making, and gain a much higher consistency and precision on his passes? Hope he can.

I for one hope he finds a team with a solid o-line. That's mandatory from where I sit if he's going to go on to bigger and better things.

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2018, 10:20:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you don't even know who the kid is, how do you know Green is better? You can't know that until they're both battling it out in practice, IF KL even comes here. In another thread you said bring in the Martinsburg kid, now you say bring in a stud true Fr. Which do you want? Bagent would not be "stud QB" and idk if KL is better than Green, but I do know he'd be a better choice than Bagent. You contradict yourself too much.

I know how bad he is that's why I forget.  He's a qb that Texas wanted him to switch positions.  Has texas had a good qb recently.  No.  Another guy thinking he's actually a good qb.  Play youth.  Play your roster and bring in another quality freshman.  Juco kid comes in and is beat out they aren't sticking around.  Greene would then dip.  Bring in freshman studs.   As for Bagent, kid be another Penny or be terrible.  That's any player.  The jr committed to us from St Albans based on his film looks to be better all around player than Bagent. 
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:30:38 PM by MicDrass1 »

Offline tbaker2711

« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   I am totally neutral on this.  On one hand it would have been nice having experience under center next year, but the games I have attended and others watched on television with Chase as QB were a complete downgrade from former QBs.  With a new OC coming in, maybe this is the best time to throw a different player out there.  Especially with the amount of veterans we have coming back next year.  I don't think this will drastically cha he the outlook for next year, but it might.  I think Litton should have raised his draft stock a bit because I can't see him being drafted this year.  But hey, I've been wrong before.....I wish him well and thank him for the time he played for The Herd.   

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Offline tbaker2711

« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2018, 10:59:16 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to go the JC route next year.I see no way he is ready for the NFL. no OC ,now the news is looking worse.We need a miracle now that what looked to be a great season next year and this is going to hurt.Very depressing.
      With the number of returning starters on offense next year, this is the ideal time to put a raw and talented kid at QB (Isaiah Green).  The receiving Corp is going to have more experience and chemistry, the running game of King and Davis will be more consistent and the offensive line will be solid.  Whoever the new OC is, I would imagine he will have a more expanded play book than Legg so a first year starter learning a new system that will probably mild around him to some extent will be great. As long as Green isn't garbage, we should be fine. (I'm assuming Green will be our man because Morrell hasn't shown me that he could complete a pass against a junior high team)

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Online chris88

« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2018, 12:10:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to Chase.

As far as that guy saying he could go in first round....please get me a case of whatever he is drinking.

Average college QBs rarely, if ever, develop into NFL caliber talent.  I certainly give him credit for growing up a lot over the last year but racking up decent stats vs bad competition and having many fundamental flaws would be very tough to overcome.  On top of my head issues:
    - Accuracy.  He is not very accurate and not very consistent.
    - Product of a poor system.  He will have a much tougher time adjusting to NFL game because of the simplistic nature of our offense at MU.  He wasn't really asked to go through more than a 2 progression and wasn't asked to throw many of the routes and combos he would have to throw in NFL.
    - Reacts poorly to pressure.  His mechanics break down and he resorts to throwing off back foot etc.

Getting drafted as a marginal talent is very tricky.  One reason is if any team thinks they can get you as a FA they will wait. FA is his most likely route unless NFL scouting depts are even worse than I already think. If he is leaving because he thinks it might hurt him to have to learn a new system next yr....wait until he gets a look at an NFL playbook.

I said last year Clark had a shot because he was so raw, had pretty decent speed for a big guy and you can't teach 6'7 with jumping ability.  I think Legg has a better chance of landing at a P5 as a sole OC than CL getting drafted in top 3 rounds and i'd put BL chances of that at less than 5%.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online chris88

« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2018, 12:18:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fans bitched about Legg and Chase both, as I remember it. In the stands, they were all over him during games.  I'm just saying that on offense there is a complete change-over; no excuses now for fans to stay away because of our offense.  IMHO, you'd have to make up excuses now not to come back to the games next year if your a fan of Herd football.

I partially disagree with that.  I think most fans who already have season tix and live close by would be renewing at thought of BL not returning.  I think many other marginal fans and those living farther away will wait until we see some tangible results.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Best of luck to Chase.

As far as that guy saying he could go in first round....please get me a case of whatever he is drinking.

The exact quote was "Think he had a real shot to be a riser in the 2019 draft, potentially as a first rounder."

If, as we've seen today, the player is showing up in some scouts' top 10 QBs as-is for the 2018 draft, it seems pretty likely if only because the QB inventory would evaporate and he would be among only a few remaining, that he would have went into 2018 at or near the top of some boards for the position. And further, remember that QB is a position that teams will reach for a player more than any other.

So, imagining an ideal year where the offensive starters mostly stayed healthy and did in every game what it flashed this past season, and Chase gained consistency that on occasion we see QBs do in their senior seasons, and further, imagining the big season that several on this forum had been predicting... in combination with a lack of competition from very many other QBs worth taking... in combination with teams desperate for QB talent and ready to reach...

Yeah, it's at least conceivable. No, not likely. But to be fair to the scout, that's in the ballpark of what he said... "a shot at being a real riser"... and then, best-case, "potentially a first rounder."

I'm not anyone but an amateur draft-nik, like many, and fwiw, I would feel comfortable thinking Chase would have rated a 3rd-4th round grade, and thus, a team might reach for him in the 2nd, again depending on what the rest of the QB inventory looked like.

FA is his most likely route

Agreed, almost certainly so, but he could sneak into a late round. It's not sounding like a great year for QBs. No one anyone is gaga about taking in the 1st round even.

Offline GoHerd2112

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I personally wish Chase the best for his career. And thank him for his time here.
    I think he has great talent.
    Was looking forward to his senior season with a new OC but the decision to make is his.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2018, 04:53:59 AM »

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2018, 05:58:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When it is so easy to just wait and see how he does, I don't get wanting to put yourself out there now, one way or another, only to be exposed as having no special skills at rating QB talent after all. Really, if you don't like him, you can revel is his failure later if that happens. If you predict he will be a flop and he turns out not to be, why look clueless. He did not endear himself to the fan base, but not every athlete does. Coaching leadership, or lack thereof, is significantly responsible for the overall tone and character of the team and players. There can be some responsibility reasonably spread for those in charge of guiding his character and leadership skills. It is not uncommon to have tremendous talent in a corporate environment that is unable to execute that talent because of the clueless leadership that has created losing strategies and failure tactics.

No matter what he might be that bothers fans, Chase is not the reason we do not have championships. I wish him well. I would not want to play in the system he played in, with the leadership he had. Time to move on and hope for better days all the way around.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2018, 06:48:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My advice would have been for Chase to stay at Marshall another season.  2018 can be a 10+ win season, and it gets him another year removed from the 3-9 year with the off-field behavior rumors.  Chase made some progress in playing tougher and running the ball, but he still has a way to go in both categories. Would have given him another year to work on his throwing mechanics, and to get even bigger, stronger, and a little quicker.  Sounds like he has an agent, so too late to change his mind.  He's a long shot now, but you never know.  Michael Clark surprised many of us when he made it to the NFL.  Good luck to Chase and next QB up!

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2018, 09:50:11 AM »