Author Topic: siap. Bears hire Mike Furrey ..Doc knows talent....  (Read 947 times)

Offline s1uggo

siap. Bears hire Mike Furrey ..Doc knows talent....
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Bears also announced they hired Mike Furrey as wide receivers coach.

Furrey, who played in the NFL for eight seasons, recently completed his second season as the head football coach at Limestone College in Gaffney, S.C.

HerdFans.com

siap. Bears hire Mike Furrey ..Doc knows talent....
    « on: January 12, 2018, 06:57:42 PM »

Offline goherd24

Re: siap. Bears hire Mike Furrey ..Doc knows talent....
    « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 01:53:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Furrey, who played in the NFL for eight seasons, recently completed his second season as the head football coach at Limestone College in Gaffney, S.C.

Lol.

Online svherd

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 07:58:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

He also hired Rippon. Your point?????  Happy for Furrey. Good guy.
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 08:02:45 AM by svherd »

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• He also hired Rippon. Your point?????  Happy for Furrey. Good guy.

And by many accounts Doc is the reason Furrey left.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, MUinDE, The E-Man, Herdfan2005, herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:31:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who are the "many accounts"?  I get the biggest kick out of these posts that blame Doc for coaches leaving and not being able to identify who said that.

I heard a heck of a story this week about issues related to Doc, but I refuse to post the implications because the person who gave me all that information basically admitted it was subjective and anecdotal at best.  In other words, hypothesis on their part and those who talked about it.
    « Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:58:06 PM by whf »

The following users thanked this post: bighat

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who are the "many accounts"?  I get the biggest kick out of these posts that blame Doc for coaches leaving and not being able to identify who said that.

I heard a heck of a story this week about issues related to Doc, but I refuse to post the implications because the person who gave me all that information basically admitted it was subjective and antidotal at best.  In other words, hypothesis on their part and those who talked about it.

Grammar police on the move here. I need an antidote to the anecdote.  8)
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: whf

Offline whf

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks grammar police, anectodal OK?

Online svherd

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Grammar police on the move here. I need an antidote to the anecdote.  8)

Does Narcan cure that? Lol!

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, whf, The E-Man

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:38:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was very close with Furrey when he was here.  Doc is the reason he left. 

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, The E-Man, goherd24, herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was very close with Furrey when he was here.  Doc is the reason he left.

So Furrey told you that he was leaving Marshall because he didn't like Doc, working with Doc, or being in Doc's program; something like that.  At least you're claiming first hand knowledge.  Thanks.  Why did he choose to come here?  Did he tell you that, would be interesting to see what does attrack people to come work with Doc to begin with, and then why they change their minds.

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was a recommendation from Pennington.  It was more of verbal altercations that led to him leaving. 

Online svherd

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So Furrey told you that he was leaving Marshall because he didn't like Doc, working with Doc, or being in Doc's program; something like that.  At least you're claiming first hand knowledge.  Thanks.  Why did he choose to come here?  Did he tell you that, would be interesting to see what does attrack people to come work with Doc to begin with, and then why they change their minds.

Nice pay increase coming over from KCU and the chance to improve his resume and gain more experience. Sort of a no brainer.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:18 PM »

Offline chris88

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 04:20:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard same thing about Furrey and Doc not seeing eye to eye.  Pretty sure Furreys wife even posted something to the effect on social media when Mike left although not sure how long it stayed up. Doesn't matter at this point, he is gone and glad he gets a shot at being in NFL.  I thought he did a good job here.  I also think the WR coach last year did a nice job...especially in this BL offense.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline whf

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:29:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree 100%, he did a nice job and the new guy is doing a very good job too. 

Online 2xBison

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He was a recommendation from Pennington.  It was more of verbal altercations that led to him leaving.

yep.  I remember hearing of him getting in Furry's face over the Fro transfer to UMASS.  Something about Doc saying he never said he could transfer D1, Furrey corrected him and said yes he did.  Truthfully, probably had something with him not realizing UMASS was in the MAC and D1.

I've also heard similar comments about Ratliff and Peterson not enjoying working with/for him.  Not sure if true or not.  We also had someone post a rumor about the two coordinators meeting someone about inability to work for Doc in longer.  I know I saw Doc and Mirabal in to it.  I don't know what is true or what isn't, what I am surprised at is that anyone would be shocked to believe that Doc might be a prick to work for.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, Apollo, The E-Man

Offline whf

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect Doc expects a lot.  My hunch is that a lot of head football coaches are pricks to work for; just a hunch.  Being a prick is one thing, being a poor communicator and a prick could be  bad combination.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I expect Doc expects a lot.  My hunch is that a lot of head football coaches are pricks to work for; just a hunch.  Being a prick is one thing, being a poor communicator and a prick could be  bad combination.

I don't know Doc personally, but from what I've heard he's not a coaches coach. I could care less of how much of a prick Doc can be as long as he starts winning CUSA CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Online 2xBison

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • exactly...prick is o.k. if you can win big...disappointing season after season...prick doesn't fly.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »