Author Topic: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy  (Read 11187 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Keeping up with Cam
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 08:45:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBH had 35 points and 15 rebounds tonight 12/15/17 vs Marietta. Off until next Friday vs. Cambridge.

https://twitter.com/WHIZscores/status/941885189780836352

A monster game!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2017, 08:45:11 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 09:16:10 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2017, 11:09:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 35 pts and 15 boards wow!!!! Cam is gonna be a good one teamed up with george in the future.

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Be nice to have something on the board , that stays on the front page , about how the bball commits are doing this season. Just updates on games and things .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2017, 11:23:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Last night his team scored 81 points. That is VERY rare for this coach. They tend not to play high scoring games. Usually 50's-60's. Don't be disappointed to see him average mid teens in points. You may remember it was the same when Travis Young came here playing for the same coach. Travis certainly showed, even though his HS numbers weren't staggering, he could play at the next level with The Herd
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline coalherd

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2017, 03:45:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jeremy Dillon begins his season on 12/12 against Scott.

Don't forget, Dillon played football pretty deep in the playoffs so he didn't have the benefit of a full season of BB practice.  Believe he scored more and led the Miners in last night's game in which they suffered a 20+ point loss. Jeremy is probably still a week or two away from being in top basketball playing shape, IMO.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2017, 05:52:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/mingo-boys-win-at-home-girls-split-on-the-road/article_782fae66-64e4-5326-bba6-52af82daa1c3.html

Mingo Central beat Sissonville 61-57 this past Saturday. Dillon led his team with 15 points.

Also, MC beat Logan last night 51-50! I don't have the stats yet for this game, but Mingo Central is short-handed with two players out with injury and the head coach battling the flu.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 11:11:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2017, 08:43:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Dillon was able to distribute the ball on several nice passes for easy hoops. Mingo's team ball and unselfishness was one of the differences in the game.

"They wanted it more than us," Logan second-year coach Zach Green said. "Jeremy Dillon completely took over. They were getting three or four offensive rebounds at a time. We you have a player like that and you don't stop him they are going to be hard to beat. He's a great passer, great shooter, great scorer. He single-handedly beat us."

http://www.loganbanner.com/sports/miners-dig---win-at-logan/article_d584c04b-9f35-5431-97d0-00f9131feff8.html

Dillon led the Miners with 17 points, 9 rbs and 6 assists.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/multimedia/photos/photos-mingo-central-vs-logan-boys-basketball/collection_e6936dce-e5b6-11e7-8df6-7bc1f6ffa37b.html#5

David Early and Dillon scramble for the ball. Two future Marshall basketball players going at. Early was offered a scholarship by Marshall.

Early led Logan with 26 points.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2017, 08:42:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Brooks-Harris added 17 points, five rebounds, three assists and four blocks for the Blue Devils. Scoring 15 points in the first half, including a powerful slam on a Newark defender, Brooks-Harris would be limited to zero field goals in the second half. Despite his offensive struggles in the last 16 minutes, Brooks-Harris played an excellent game defensively, blocking two Shumate jump shots and showing an elite ability to defend on the wing.

http://www.270hoops.com/news_article/show/869695?referrer_id=

Zanesville lost their first game against Newark 65-56.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2017, 08:46:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.loganbanner.com/sports/miners-dig---win-at-logan/article_d584c04b-9f35-5431-97d0-00f9131feff8.html

Dillon led the Miners with 17 points, 9 rbs and 6 assists.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/multimedia/photos/photos-mingo-central-vs-logan-boys-basketball/collection_e6936dce-e5b6-11e7-8df6-7bc1f6ffa37b.html#5

David Early and Dillon scramble for the ball. Two future Marshall basketball players going at. Early was offered a scholarship by Marshall.

Early led Logan with 26 points.

I wouldn't count on Early being at Marshall. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Logan for a prep school soon.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    Re: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy
    « Reply #61 on: December 24, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Unless we really make a run in the NCAA tourney next year, I don't see us landing Early.  He also got an offer from WVU as a 9th grader and we all know how that usually turns out.  He won't lack high major offers.  He's going to be tough to land.  If we can get Killen out of Chapmanville out of that class, that will be a feat in itself.  Basketball is getting much better in the WV and recruiters are noticing.  We need to take a big step forward next year and make the tourney a reality for these 304 boys to have a shot to snag them from the high majors.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2017, 09:37:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Boys basketball: Gahanna offense too much for Zanesville

The loss overshadowed another strong all-around effort from the 6-7 Brooks-Harris, who scored a game-high 24 points, grabbed 10 of his team's 24 rebounds, handed out three assists and blocked three shots.

He made an determined effort to operate more in the post against the Lions, something Aronhalt said needs to continue. He was 10-of-16 from the field against the Lions.

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/sports/high-school/2017/12/30/boys-basketball-gahanna-offense-too-much-zanesville/992091001/

I'm glad we signed him early.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdorbust

Offline coalherd

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2017, 10:46:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Friday night, Mingo Central beat Poca by about 20 to go 4-1 on the season.  Jeremy Dillon lead the Miners with 21 points. MC has had some injuries thus far in the season and I believe that they still have one regular who is out for a while.  From people I know who cover BB in that area, Logan-Mingo, etc., Chapmanville appears the team to beat in AA ball in that region.  Guess the Fairmont Sr. team, with the big Stills kid who signed with WVU in football, is the AA strong boy in that part of the state.  Agree with the statement that state HS basketball has been improving in recent years.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2017, 11:02:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for the update coalherd. Poca Dots aren’t the same team without Luke Frampton.

Dillon pretty much runs the show for Mingo Central with scoring, rebounding and assists.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2017, 11:10:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think MC’s next game is at Herbert Hoover on 1/5/2018.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2018, 08:29:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for the update coalherd. Poca Dots aren’t the same team without Luke Frampton.

Dillon pretty much runs the show for Mingo Central with scoring, rebounding and assists.

Buffalo Bop.  Do you know Frampton's status at Davidson?  I was on their site recently and he is listed on the roster this season but has no stats.  Figure he may be taking a red shirt this season.  Do you know if Cuffee is playing at Liberty this year?

Offline coalherd

« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2018, 08:41:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • dup
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:43:45 PM by coalherd »

Online Luke80

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Frampton tore his ACL and is redshirting

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2018, 09:43:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coalherd mentioned that Chapmanville appears to be the AA team to beat in the area, and he's right. I found this update on Tigers in the Charleston-Gazette:

Tale of the Tigers: Title

Chapmanville made waves last winter by advancing all the way to the Class AA state championship game before falling prey to a Fairmont Senior rally. The Tigers have proven so far that they’re capable of making it back to the Charleston Civic Center and taking it one step farther.

They returned from the King of the Smokies Tournament in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, over the weekend with a 7-1 record record and are building a reputation for playing at a high level, even early in the season, averaging 77.4 points per game.

“I think this year, we’re better than last year,’’ said senior guard Drew Williamson, a returning first-team all-stater and the team’s top scorer. “Obviously, we’re faster.

“This year, our goal is to get back to the state championship game, and we want to win it. Last year, we were excited to get there as a team. But this year, we want to win it.’’

Chapmanville coach Brad Napier thinks a repeat of last year’s postseason run is entirely possible behind players like Williamson, 6-foot-9 Obinna Anochili-Killen and speedy guard Dylan Smith.

“Our goal every year is to win our last game,’’ Napier said. “And if you win your last game, you’ve had a good year. That’s been our goal since I’ve been the coach here, and that’s the same this year.

“I think we’ve got a good group of guys, and as long as they continue to play unselfish and play their roles and play with energy and effort, we’ll have a good year, I think.’’

Poca coach Derek Ragle, whose team fell to the Tigers 86-41 to begin the season, thinks they’ve actually gotten better.

“They are better,’’ Ragle said. “Obinna’s better and they’ve got more depth. They added two kids from Scott — [Jordan] Kish and [Brandon] Elkins, and it really helps their depth. They’ve got great length. The [Devin] Collins kid has shot up to 6-4, and they’ve got four really, really good shooters around Obinna.

“So they can spread you out and if you fan out to the arc to guard the shooters, they’ll dump it in. If you sag, they’re gonna shoot from the outside. They’re a complete team, and they’re really good. For someone to beat them, it going to take a really good effort.’’

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/prep_sports/basketball/boys_basketball/boys-basketball-notebook-road-gets-tougher-for-unbeaten-nitro/article_8a429f1e-558b-502a-93bb-0153b131eee4.html

I believe Dan has offered a scholarship to 6-foot-9 Obinna Anochili-Killen who I think is only a sophomore.  :o

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2018, 09:50:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Buffalo Bop.  Do you know Frampton's status at Davidson?  I was on their site recently and he is listed on the roster this season but has no stats.  Figure he may be taking a red shirt this season.  Do you know if Cuffee is playing at Liberty this year?

Cuffee is playing about 20 mins a game and averaging 5 ppg
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And to add what Luke80 mentioned, Frampton is rehabbing from knee surgery. He’s a tough young man, and he’ll bounce back. Best of luck to him.

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2018, 10:56:36 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 01:53:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/high-school-hoopsters-prep-for-second-half-push/article_dc68b63f-9034-590c-9f56-b219e8746e7f.html

Mingo Central is 4-1; Dillon is leading scorer with 17.5 ppg.

One of the MC starters is out with an ACL injury.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2018, 08:41:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/StoriedRivals/status/949463763882782720

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/2018/01/05/myers-buzzer-beater-sends-devils-past-colts/1009194001/

Brooks scores 30 points and 9 rebounds! He hits a trey in final seconds to send game in overtime.

Zanesville beats Meadowbrook 57-55 in OT.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Guys would you update me on Brooks. I know he has committed to MU, but has he signed a letter that is binding? Football is definitive but I'm never quite sure about bball.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2018, 08:49:30 AM »