Author Topic: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy  (Read 11186 times)

Online herdfifteen

Re: Keeping up with Cam
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is what ive heard also. And it didnt come from a friend of a friend.
    However good he is, and we do not know, that would be a ludicrous move. While it makes the bball group who attend practice feel important, it DD is suggesting such a thing publicly it would be a highly unprofessional move.

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2017, 06:20:24 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2017, 06:38:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who said DD? Nobody has said that.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 06:42:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • However good he is, and we do not know, that would be a ludicrous move. While it makes the bball group who attend practice feel important, it DD is suggesting such a thing publicly it would be a highly unprofessional move.
    '

Either some of you can't read or just make shyte up? First nobody said that. And second, why the slap about feeling important? Some go to practice and try and give updates that we think people would want to hear. I know for a fact I would if I lived out of town or couldn't go. It's like there are just a few angry people on here that twists things so they can bitch.

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • If you think I am angry you have no clue, too, don't come on here being smug implying you are privy to information only people in the know are privileged to have.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you think I am angry you have no clue, too, don't come on here being smug implying you are privy to information only people in the know are privileged to have.

Nothing is guaranteed in life. But I think anyone that can put 2+2 together and keeps their ears open, can figure things out. Like someone said....if for some reason DD didn't get this thing rolling in a big way and for some reason things fell apart, nobody on this staff would get a look. But at the same time if things happen like most everyone expects, it is pretty obvious they are going to promote within and keep the system going. There are many avenues to get to a conclusion without singling out one person. And i'm not going to get on here and give out names. But it's a pretty safe bet that he will be our coach one day if the program is doing as most are expecting.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I LOVE the practice reports and most of what's been reported at practice has turned out to be true.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: yogiherd, MUtim, parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, horsrman, chris88, herdorbust, Herdalum94

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 08:00:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I LOVE the practice reports and most of what's been reported at practice has turned out to be true.

I'm glad you like what we are telling you. Danny is VERY public and tells all of us everything we ask and many things we don't. None of us are "special". We are just fortunate enough to be able to attend practice. Danny would be very happy is the Cam had a capacity crowd in attendance at practice.
    As for reports, I for one, won't be giving you much info in December. With finals and school out of session, most practices this month are earlier in the day and I can't make them.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdorbust, herdfan129, Herdalum94

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm glad you like what we are telling you. Danny is VERY public and tells all of us everything we ask and many things we don't. None of us are "special". We are just fortunate enough to be able to attend practice. Danny would be very happy is the Cam had a capacity crowd in attendance at practice.
    As for reports, I for one, won't be giving you much info in December. With finals and school out of session, most practices this month are earlier in the day and I can't make them.

I enjoy the reports , I have only been able to go to a couple of practices this year. People should go and watch , he does a lot more teaching than any other coach we've had . Some people really don't care for DD and it shows in their posts , over and over .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, Herdmeister, Collis P, horsrman, herdorbust, herdfan129, Herdalum94

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2017, 09:33:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I enjoy the reports , I have only been able to go to a couple of practices this year. People should go and watch , he does a lot more teaching than any other coach we've had . Some people really don't care for DD and it shows in their posts , over and over .

Agree about the teaching aspect. I guess it's all those years of HS teaching/coaching. If he sees the slightest mistake, he will spend as much correcting a walk on that will not be on the floor 5 mins this year as he would Jon Elmore
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2017, 10:56:15 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I enjoy the reports , I have only been able to go to a couple of practices this year. People should go and watch , he does a lot more teaching than any other coach we've had . Some people really don't care for DD and it shows in their posts , over and over .

I agree and can't figure out why anyone wouldn't like DD. Myself along with Herdmeister, TRS and a few others have truly tried to give people an idea of what we are seeing. As coachskip was also saying, his practices are amazing for detail. And like Herdmeister said, he will stop practice to teach a walk-on just as fast as he will a scholarship player. DD doesn't see those guys any differently (Loop is a good example). I also think it took a learning curve for DD in recruiting. He had never been at the college level and had to figure out the talent level along with basically losing a year being hired so late. He had a couple hits and misses that first couple years and still improved every year. He seems to have figure all of that out now and it is showing with the kids he is signing. The front court is very young (I know we don't want to hear that) but that is going to flip next year and beyond and will be one of the strongest areas we have probably ever had here at Marshall. We have never had much size, talent and depth in the front court at Marshall being a midmajor. That is about to change. But my goodness he is putting an exciting brand of basketball on the floor and is passionate about being here at Marshall. He probably wants this for Marshall more than any of us fans. The guy truly bleeds green. Support this team and watch them grow over the next couple years. It's gonna be a lot of fun.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, horsrman, The E-Man, herdfan129, Herdalum94

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imagine one scenario of our front court next year: Iran, Penava, and Darius. And back court with Jon and Burks.

That has the making of one hell of a starting five.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88, The E-Man, Herdfan2005, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Imagine one scenario of our front court next year: Iran, Penava, and Darius. And back court with Jon and Burks.

That has the making of one hell of a starting five.

And a bench of Watson, West, Williams, Cook just to name a few. That is what I have been saying all along. Nobody is more impatient than me because I have been waiting for 30 years to get back. But a year of experience for Williams and George and another year in the weight room for those 2 along with Peneva to go along with 2 6'10" 300 and 250 lb players will give us something , I argue, we have never had here. And we may be adding another 6'9" Juco that is very athletic and can play. And hopefully all the guards back.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, 2xBison, chris88, The E-Man, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2017, 11:19:04 AM »

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2017, 11:27:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And a bench of Watson, West, Williams, Cook just to name a few. That is what I have been saying all along. Nobody is more impatient than me because I have been waiting for 30 years to get back. But a year of experience for Williams and George and another year in the weight room for those 2 along with Peneva to go along with 2 6'10" 300 and 250 lb players will give us something , I argue, we have never had here. And we may be adding another 6'9" Juco that is very athletic and can play. And hopefully all the guards back.
    [/quote
    What is your guess about Jon returning next year, any thoughts?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And a bench of Watson, West, Williams, Cook just to name a few. That is what I have been saying all along. Nobody is more impatient than me because I have been waiting for 30 years to get back. But a year of experience for Williams and George and another year in the weight room for those 2 along with Peneva to go along with 2 6'10" 300 and 250 lb players will give us something , I argue, we have never had here. And we may be adding another 6'9" Juco that is very athletic and can play. And hopefully all the guards back.
    [/quote
    What is your guess about Jon returning next year, any thoughts?

Well obviously I hope he does like everyone. But that will be Jon's decision. If he thinks he can get in the league, he may go. I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point. Just crossing my fingers. I think we can still be very good next year without him, because of depth and our front court being so strong. But if he comes back, we could be scary good. Sorry I don't have better answer.

The following users thanked this post: herdfifteen

Online Luke80

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2017, 11:55:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love Jon Elmore. He might be my favorite Marshall player since Mike D. But if he doesn't get his 3pt FG percentage up he has absolutely no chance of getting a sniff at the NBA. He is at 26% this year.  He was at 35% his first two years and honestly an NBA GM is going to want him to be higher than that. The NBA league average 3 pt percentage is 35% and 6'3" guards that don't play elite defense need to be higher than that.  I would worry more about losing him as a graduate transfer, but I'm relying on Herdmeister's comments that he won't leave for another school.

I also think that if he were on a team with a better inside presence (like maybe next year's team) his 3 pt FG percentage will naturally go up.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, Herdmeister, horsrman, herdfan129, Herdalum94

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love Jon Elmore. He might be my favorite Marshall player since Mike D. But if he doesn't get his 3pt FG percentage up he has absolutely no chance of getting a sniff at the NBA. He is at 26% this year.  He was at 35% his first two years and honestly an NBA GM is going to want him to be higher than that. The NBA league average 3 pt percentage is 35% and 6'3" guards that don't play elite defense need to be higher than that.  I would worry more about losing him as a graduate transfer, but I'm relying on Herdmeister's comments that he won't leave for another school.

I also think that if he were on a team with a better inside presence (like maybe next year's team) his 3 pt FG percentage will naturally go up.

I actually agree with all that. But Jon is just going thru a outside slump right now. He is a much better outside shooter than what he is showing. I really think he is forcing his outside shot much of the time. He is very good at fall aways and jump back type shots. But those are also much harder to make. He needs to settle in and just shoot more squared up 3's IMO until his shot comes back. And he is still scoring 20-30 a game. He is so good at getting to the FT line and that is what makes him so tough.

The following users thanked this post: chris88

Offline whf

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2017, 01:00:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While we have season tickets, I still want to push/promote (with no request from the Athletic Department) the use of C-USA TV for those who can't make it to the games.  For $100 per year, you get a lot of MU athletic team viewing.  I'll admit I was very disappointed in the Mark Martin  / Bob Bolen team as broadcasters when the season started. But they've improved (candidly) more than the team itself has.

Remember, you don't just get to see the game, you get the feel and a bit of ambiance of being there in the CAM with others. 

Here's a thought for the athletic department, give those who join the C-USA TV family of Herd Fans the choice to direct their subscription fees to the team of their choice.  This would make those signing up feel more like contributing than buying.

The following users thanked this post: Herdfan2005

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2017, 03:11:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Elmore is not even close to an NBA player yet. If he leaves he is crazy.

He needs another year in the weight room, and another year of working on his outside shot. In addition to this, he has a lot of WTF type of turnovers every single game.

I think him coming back stronger, improved outside game, and a much better team could be enough to get him a shot.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Good point Luke. I wish I wasn't so lazy as to not look up Burks' and West's 3 PT FG% but let me go out on a limb here and say Burks' 3 PT % isn't very high either. I have seen most of every game and exhibition except one. I had thought Burks was "money" out to 22 feet, but so far he has struggled beyond about 15-17 feet ! Tell me I am mistaken. Sure he has made a lot of long shots, I'm just talking about percentages. Burks is a scorer, how can I criticize his game ? But I am, IMO most of the time he needs to slash to the hoop or use that little floater he is so good with.

I don't know what the solution is. Let those 2 keep shooting long shots to try to get into rhythm and open up the inside for others ? Or the logical conclusion i.e. limit the length of most of the shots taken.

West - I love his game. He is under control 95% of the time. He takes 3 PTR's when he is open and uses a high arc to maximize the chance the shot will go in. I can't believe how well of an understanding of the game he has a freshman. It is not easy to play well at this level at 5'10" or 5'11".

My thoughts.

p2m

The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: chris88, herdfan129

Online Luke80

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's be clear, I don't want CJ or Jon to quit shooting 3s.  Jon and CJ are both shooting below their respective career 3pt averages so far this year. But I think a lot of that has to do with playing with new guys and I expect them to get more comfortable as the year goes on. Occasionally they rush the shot up before I think its necessary, but generally if they can shoot 35% from 3 - which is about the career average for both of them that is better than shooting 50% from 2.  More importantly (especially for Jon) when other teams get up on him to guard the 3 he goes around them and takes it to the hole or runs a pick an roll or draws a foul,  that is the bread and butter of our offense.  All I was saying is that Jon is going to have to prove he is a better shooter to ever get an opportunity to make it in the NBA, because those guys can fill it up.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan129

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Let's be clear, I don't want CJ or Jon to quit shooting 3s.  Jon and CJ are both shooting below their respective career 3pt averages so far this year. But I think a lot of that has to do with playing with new guys and I expect them to get more comfortable as the year goes on. Occasionally they rush the shot up before I think its necessary, but generally if they can shoot 35% from 3 - which is about the career average for both of them that is better than shooting 50% from 2.  More importantly (especially for Jon) when other teams get up on him to guard the 3 he goes around them and takes it to the hole or runs a pick an roll or draws a foul,  that is the bread and butter of our offense.  All I was saying is that Jon is going to have to prove he is a better shooter to ever get an opportunity to make it in the NBA, because those guys can fill it up.

Nobody indicated they want Elmore and Burks to quit shooting 3's. What I have been harping about is shot selection, i.e. it is more than "occasional" they are shooting from 24, 25, 26+ feet away. In my book the only justification for that is beating the shot/game clock. It shows a disrespect for the skills of your teammates.

We are roughly 1/3 of the way into the regular season, and I can tell you they aren't going to get to 35% 3-PT FG% unless they are close to 40% the rest of the way. Probably not going to happen. I think many on our team can hit close to 40% from the corner. Why not concentrate on getting shots like those.

I like Burks' scoring mentality, every team needs that, he had missed 3 or 4 in a row and came down and took a shot which he made. But at some point a guy has to realize he his hurting his team if he doesn't play soundly, within his own game.

Marshall is 16th in scoring per game at 88.9 PPG but only 58th in offensive efficiency with 1.087 points per possession.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/145
    https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-basketball/stat/offensive-efficiency

p2m

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:11:00 AM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2017, 12:10:30 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2017, 12:18:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blue Devils move to 4-0 with blow out victory over River View

https://www.whiznews.com/2017/12/blue-devils-move-4-0-blow-victory-river-view/

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mingo Miners crush Scott Skyhawks 105-63

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/mingo-miners-crush-scott-skyhawks/article_7ae895b4-6a2d-5a9f-b953-46e17b23369b.html

Jeremy Dillon looks to shake off some basketball rust as he moves from the gridiron to the hardcourt.

Against an outmanned and outgunned Scott team, Dillon scored 10 points, pulled down 9 rbs and dished out 8 assists.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CBH had 35 points and 15 rebounds tonight 12/15/17 vs Marietta. Off until next Friday vs. Cambridge.
                   ----Lou Gehrig

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2017, 09:53:11 PM »