Author Topic: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy  (Read 11194 times)

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:45:05 AM by Buffalo Bop »

HerdFans.com

Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy
« on: December 06, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »

Offline CoachSkip

Re: Keeping up with Cam
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Hell be a good player for us but he , like most athletes in HS , is going to have to gain some weight . I do miss those eat all and whatever you want days .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hell be a good player for us but he , like most athletes in HS , is going to have to gain some weight . I do miss those eat all and whatever you want days .

Good news is that next year we should be in a position to be able to RS both him and Dillon. If we can start redshirting most of our recruits (which I think is the long term plan) then we will see another jump in wins in around 4-5 years imo. I know we wanted to RS Penava and George but just couldn't do it. Imagine if Penava is just a SO right now.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Good news is that next year we should be in a position to be able to RS both him and Dillon. If we can start redshirting most of our recruits (which I think is the long term plan) then we will see another jump in wins in around 4-5 years imo. I know we wanted to RS Penava and George but just couldn't do it. Imagine if Penava is just a SO right now.

Most recently Danny told us he did plan to RS him, but not Dillon.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, goherd14562, herdfan129

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:19:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Most recently Danny told us he did plan to RS him, but not Dillon.

things change.  i predicted for George to not redshirt this year....and was disagreed with.  We see where he is now.  I know some say he will RS next year, I'm going to say no he won't, right now.

With graduate transfer rules, I'm not sure redshirting is all that....if he can't play and won't help you then fine red shirt him, but if he can help now I would play him, otherwise if they develop you risk watching them transfer to a Power conference in four years with a year of eligibility left.

I could see this kid red shirting, but I think some of it may depend on how some guys develop and progress this year like Bledsoe and Thineman
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, MicDrass1

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • things change.  i predicted for George to not redshirt this year....and was disagreed with.  We see where he is now.  I know some say he will RS next year, I'm going to say no he won't, right now.

With graduate transfer rules, I'm not sure redshirting is all that....if he can't play and won't help you then fine red shirt him, but if he can help now I would play him, otherwise if they develop you risk watching them transfer to a Power conference in four years with a year of eligibility left.

I could see this kid red shirting, but I think some of it may depend on how some guys develop and progress this year like Bledsoe and Thineman

I agree george will never rs. But i sure wish peneva had. He would just be a soph. Ow...WOW!!!!!

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree george will never rs. But i sure wish peneva had. He would just be a soph. Ow...WOW!!!!!

I don't disagree with that, I said that to my son not long ago, but we would still run the risk of a 5th grad transfer. 

It would have been nice to have Peneva with Bennett for two years for sure

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Herdfan2005

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 05:48:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Herdalum94

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 07:10:16 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]-1

• Marshall got a steal with cam and george because of them being thin. Dd told me george will develope into an acc type player. And i have been told cam is even more skilled than george at this point. Dd also told me 2 years ago that peneva would develope into a phenomanal player and we are seeing that before our eyes with almost 2 years left in his career. I dont doubt dd about george and cam the way he developes players.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdalum94

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 07:27:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cam is just a baby. I agree, I think we got a steal because he looks young for the class and is thin. Getting to RS him for a year is going to be huge. I'm loving the type of recruits that DD is now getting.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree 129. And corny is going to help a lot with recruiting. He is tireless and never stops looking.

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, herdfan129

Offline Collis P

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree 129. And corny is going to help a lot with recruiting. He is tireless and never stops looking.
    I agree and I believe Corny is being groomed by DD................
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2017, 08:23:50 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 08:42:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree and I believe Corny is being groomed by DD................

I think you are right.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • things change.  i predicted for George to not redshirt this year....and was disagreed with.  We see where he is now.  I know some say he will RS next year, I'm going to say no he won't, right now.

If freshman are beating up on the returners don't RS

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 08:34:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/2017/12/01/boys-basketball-currys-career-night-spurs-devils/914674001/

He was the team's second-leading scorer behind the Marshall-bound Brooks-Harris, who had a game-high 20 that included a 10-of-10 effort at the free-throw line. Curry scored on three of Zanesville's first four possessions, all of which came off assists.

https://twitter.com/HerdNation

2018 (OH) Forward and @HerdMBB signee, @itscambro10, opened up his season with 20 points, 10 boards, and 4 blocks in a 66-47 win 🏀✅
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:45:53 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love how danny is going about recruiting now in the front court. Long athletic, with skill and can run. The length, speed and atletisism is getting better every year.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, horsrman, herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2017, 10:19:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jeremy Dillon begins his season on 12/12 against Scott.

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love how danny is going about recruiting now in the front court. Long athletic, with skill and can run. The length, speed and atletisism is getting better every year.

Agreed. Recruiting has been a bit of a learning curve but that was to be expected. I think things are definitely headed in the right direction. I've never been this pumped for Marshall basketball.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like Corny is becoming one of the main recruiters on Dan’s staff. I believe he put DD onto Cam.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdfan129

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2017, 11:01:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like Corny is becoming one of the main recruiters on Dan’s staff. I believe he put DD onto Cam.

Corny is becoming a HUGE help in recruiting. He is very driven in that area. He was a tremendous hire for us.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Correct. He is a tireless worker on and off the court and  is absolutely thrilled to be here. He is a a positive influence on our kids and unless something happens, he will be our head coach in 5 years!
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129, Herdalum94

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 11:05:17 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Correct. He is a tireless worker on and off the court and  is absolutely thrilled to be here. He is a a positive influence on our kids and unless something happens, he will be our head coach in 5 years!

That is what ive heard also. And it didnt come from a friend of a friend.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Correct. He is a tireless worker on and off the court and  is absolutely thrilled to be here. He is a a positive influence on our kids and unless something happens, he will be our head coach in 5 years!

I love hearing that on several levels.

First, while there does seem to be a contingent on the board that is opposed to hiring former Herd greats. I’m not one of those people, I think hiring former Herd players is preferable, all other factors being equal. I loved Corny as a player and am over joyed to see back on the Marshall sideline.

Second, the only way such a plan is going to work is if things are succeeding. If DD’s coaching is succeeding and he wants to go, it’s a sign of success that he would be able to name his successor. If Herd BB hasn’t grown and gotten better, we will be looking for a different way to go. At this point I’m very happy with where things are and where we seem to be going.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Herdmeister, horsrman, herdorbust, herdfan129, Herdalum94

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Recruiting, player development, and positive player relationships between coach and team can get a team to the top!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 05:04:51 PM »