Author Topic: Herd from Holliday  (Read 668 times)

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Herd from Holliday
« on: November 18, 2017, 04:53:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    On the long road trip:

I don't know if it's any more difficult. To me, I don't know if there is any difference between riding on a plane for two and a half hours or getting on a bus for four. It shouldn't be any different. We just have to do great work with our preparation. I keep saying it over and over but it's true, anytime you go on the road you have to take your toughness and leadership. I like this team. They go to work every day and the leadership on it; we've had 15 captains to this point and every one of them needs to do a great job. We have to go there for one reason, it's a business trip, and try to find a way to win the game.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/herd-from-holliday/article_d09313fc-623b-5cc5-9774-abd7692ecbb0.html

HerdFans.com

Herd from Holliday
    « on: November 18, 2017, 04:53:52 AM »

Offline MUther

Re: Herd from Holliday
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:59:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "we've had 15 captains to this point...." 

Um, maybe start there as part of the problem and not part of the solution.  Just a thought.

The following users thanked this post: DallasGreen, biggreenarms, wasbarryb, Apollo, goherd24, herdfan129

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:25:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Zero captains to this point.

Name your leaders and stick with theM
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Apollo, The E-Man

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 07:39:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Zero captains to this point.

Name your leaders and stick with theM

You understand this.

I understand this.

MUther understands this.

The fan base would be a lot happier if  Doc understood this.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, Apollo, The E-Man

Offline elginherd

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:14:45 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you're a reporter, writing the words from the coach would be an easy job. All you have to do is fill in the blanks:

"_________is an extremely well coached team. They are much better than the 1-9 record indicates. They lost

close games to _________ and __________ and could've beaten ____________if their __________didn't get

hurt. That ____________kid is a tremendous athlete at ______________and they have some extremely

talented weapons in _________________ and _______________on offense. If we expect to win we'll have to

have extremely good performances from all three phases of the game."

Y'all probably thought you were done with fill-in-the-blank workbooks when you left the 8th grade.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]4
  • did You ever think that doc uses being captain as a reward for work during the week?  I swear you guys will find even the most trivial things to b!tch about

The following users thanked this post: goherd73, whf

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 12:03:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shouldn't captains be leaders and not necessarily great play makers? Stew Butler and Kevin Grooms have highlight reels galore of great plays.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:05:09 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Ive found another football staffer...Herdfan429    He and WHF are on the staff for sure!!!!!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:10:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • did You ever think that doc uses being captain as a reward for work during the week?  I swear you guys will find even the most trivial things to b!tch about

I was thinking it was Doc's brand of everyone gets a trophy.

They sure as he!! aren't getting championship rings anymore.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never liked the fake captain crap. Just like the names not being on the jersey which they finally fixed. Doc is not the answer, clearly. Anything other than that conclusion is flawed. He has had 8 years, and only 1 title and it is in spite of him, thanks to Cato. If we were in the MAC or the old CUSA, we might only have had 1 or 2 bowl appearances under Doc.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:45:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Ive found another football staffer...Herdfan429    He and WHF are on the staff for sure!!!!!

Definitely not on staff. And I’m not fan of doc but to attack him for how he rewards players with captain ships for the week is stupid.

The following users thanked this post: bluedevilherd

Offline svherd

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Captain Obvious moment. Yes he does but doesn't seem to be having the desired result.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Big City, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 04:18:26 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm so glad I went to the beer store today.

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You understand this.

I understand this.

MUther understands this.

The fan base would be a lot happier if  Doc understood this.

Are you surprised Doc didn't understand about the captains being named for the an entire season? This is the same coach that refused to let names on players jersery's, until fans put the pressure on here.

Offline MUther

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Definitely not on staff. And I’m not fan of doc but to attack him for how he rewards players with captain ships for the week is stupid.

Give them a helmet sticker or a steak or whatever for a great game.  Captains need to be permanent and accountable.  The need to have foot in ass when things aren't going right so the coaches can coach.  The need to get their department fired up when it's time to rally.  They need to keep everyone in line, all season. And they know what the players are doing in their offtime.  Maybe we don't have the attrition and cop punching/fleeing if we had true leaders on the team that the other guys could talk to when there are family problems, homesickness, they want to go out drinking/potsmoking, etc.  They won't always talk to the coaches and they probably don't like needing a detective to figure out who the captain's are for that week and having to go to someone different the following week simply because they got an interception.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:24 PM »