Author Topic: Lane Kiffin says he's happy at FAU  (Read 591 times)

HerdFans.com

Lane Kiffin says he's happy at FAU
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

Offline herd2win

Re: Lane Kiffin says he's happy at FAU
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:47:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This was what I was thinking...great place to live and with limited pressure to win big...they can go 6-6 or 7-5 and there will not be rumblings for his head...

Offline Big City

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    "You are not going to get Coach Speak here," Kiffin said. "When I say I'm happy here, that's what every coach says. But I really am. It's a very unique situation: A) we have a great team, B) a ton of them come back, almost the whole team comes back.

And there you have it. Marshall won't beat FAU next season either because we will have such a young team  :-\
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 05:30:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When you live in a place and your family is there too..what more could you ask for.
    Kiffin will do great there. He has no competition.

Offline Gaylen

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • kiffin will leave as soon as he gets a better offer at a bigger school or a pro team.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe not, FAU might be planning on moving up and if so will pay him big bucks. Who knows, they might have the support and backing.
    He is making 1mil. now
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:51:50 PM by ThunderValley »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe not, FAU might be planning on moving up and if so will pay him big bucks. Who knows, they might have the support and backing.
    He is making 1mil. now

1 million is chump change in the coaching game. He is out the door probably before their bowl game.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline MUther

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1 million is chump change in the coaching game. He is out the door probably before their bowl game.

Who says they're maxed out?  UCF found a way to hire bigger and better after already spending millions on coaching.  Just because Kiffin took the job for 1M doesn't mean they can't offer 2M for him to stay.  $2M is getting up there with big boy money in a hurry.  Very few make Saban/Harbaugh kind of money.  And if $1M is chump change then we are lower than chumps and have less to show for it.

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 07:25:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kiffin will be gone as soon as he can. His ego won’t let him stay. Now butch davis is one we have to worry about

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 07:34:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

"You are not going to get Coach Speak here," Kiffin said. "When I say I'm happy here, that's what every coach says. But I really am. It's a very unique situation: A) we have a great team, B) a ton of them come back, almost the whole team comes back.

And there you have it. Marshall won't beat FAU next season either because we will have such a young team  :-\

First rule of Coach Speak: Start with the statement “This isn’t Coach Speak”

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 08:09:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

FAU has lot's coming back next year also, so will projected to have a good team next season too.  Can't see Doc & Legg improving enough to beat Kiffin.  Despite Doc having many players returning next season we might be projected for 2nd in C-USA East behind FAU. 

Offline goherd24

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who says they're maxed out?  UCF found a way to hire bigger and better after already spending millions on coaching.  Just because Kiffin took the job for 1M doesn't mean they can't offer 2M for him to stay.  $2M is getting up there with big boy money in a hurry.  Very few make Saban/Harbaugh kind of money.  And if $1M is chump change then we are lower than chumps and have less to show for it.

Yes we are paying crap money, but its enough to get really good young talent that will double their pay from other places, and the FCS, and get us 2-4 years of good coaching, and keep that going if possible.

Kiffin can pull 2, 3 or 4 million and much more prestige, he will do it. I have no idea how people don't understand this. Would be the same if you worked for say, bob and tom appliances, for $40,000 a year, as a manager, and then GE offered you $150,000 a year to come work for them as a manager, you are going to take the job.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

Online svherd

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 01:31:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc won't be able to touch the better kids with Kiffin down there. He is a salesman. I like Doc but this may be the end of his mining FL for better recruits.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUther

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes we are paying crap money, but its enough to get really good young talent that will double their pay from other places, and the FCS, and get us 2-4 years of good coaching, and keep that going if possible.

Kiffin can pull 2, 3 or 4 million and much more prestige, he will do it. I have no idea how people don't understand this. Would be the same if you worked for say, bob and tom appliances, for $40,000 a year, as a manager, and then GE offered you $150,000 a year to come work for them as a manager, you are going to take the job.

And FAU guys say they can offer 2-2.5M to keep him if necessary.  Don't underestimate giant student bodies and cash in Florida.  And I do understand it.  How do you not understand the guy coached at Tennessee, USC, and Alabama?  2 of those as head coach.  Maybe he doesn't like the rat race and wants to lay back chillin with family as he said.  It's clear he'll get any raise and contract he needs from FAU.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:51 PM »