Author Topic: Basketball Practice  (Read 526 times)

Offline herdfan48

Basketball Practice
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • What time is practice today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

Basketball Practice
    « on: November 17, 2017, 09:21:01 AM »

Offline Apollo

Re: Basketball Practice
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Should be all day after that performance.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, parshall2marshall, whf, goherd14562

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 09:32:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You’re right

Offline Apollo

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My kids would bleachers for an hour after a showing like that and I just coached middle and high school.

Online herd2win

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:40:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Practice...you talking about Practice....apparently that is the attitude the entire team had leading into the Morehead game...

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My kids would bleachers for an hour after a showing like that and I just coached middle and high school.

Because they need to get in better shape?

Hopefully we spend an hour actually practicing and doing something productive.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

Offline Apollo

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 10:35:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Because they need to get in better shape?

Hopefully we spend an hour actually practicing and doing something productive.
    They were out paced most of the game and looked tired by about half way through the 2nd half so yeah I'd call that productive.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They were out paced most of the game and looked tired by about half way through the 2nd half so yeah I'd call that productive.

Believe me, they are NOT out of shape. They run for hours everyday
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 10:49:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

On the floor at 3:00
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline herdfan48

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 11:23:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks

Offline mutink

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 12:44:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Believe me, they are NOT out of shape. They run for hours everyday
      Elmore said in todays paper they got worn down second half

Online herd2win

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The facts are the team looked tired in the second half...you have your best player stating as much....is it because maybe they practiced and ran too much leading up to the game?  I don't know because I don't go to practice....I do know that it is not acceptable to lose to Morehead so often.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 12:48:02 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 01:01:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The facts are the team looked tired in the second half...you have your best player stating as much....is it because maybe they practiced and ran too much leading up to the game?  I don't know because I don't go to practice....I do know that it is not acceptable to lose to Morehead so often.

The old saying is game shape is different than practice shape. Herdmeister is telling you the truth about practice. They run and run and run some more. If DD teams aren't in shape, then Herrion and DJ's teams were really out of shape. Watson is hurting us more than some think. Once he gets in there, that will give you a rotation of 4 guards to rotate at the 3 positions. Then you can play Peneva, Williams, Kojanin and Bledsoe mainly at the other 2 spots. That will give you 8 player rotation mainly with Milan and George getting a few here and there. Or at least that is what I would like to see.

Offline Apollo

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 01:07:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

The old saying is game shape is different than practice shape. Herdmeister is telling you the truth about practice. They run and run and run some more. If DD teams aren't in shape, then Herrion and DJ's teams were really out of shape. Watson is hurting us more than some think. Once he gets in there, that will give you a rotation of 4 guards to rotate at the 3 positions. Then you can play Peneva, Williams, Kojanin and Bledsoe mainly at the other 2 spots. That will give you 8 player rotation mainly with Milan and George getting a few here and there. Or at least that is what I would like to see.
    I agree about game vs practice "shape", but I think we weren't in "shape" to deal with the physical nature of MSU and if weren't in shape to deal with their physicality, the Illinois game is going to be ugly. It's bad when we play teams like that bc it isn't our style and don't practice against it. That said, we'll only see a few teams all season that play that way. The players are coming in to fix that but it doesn't end our season this year. Like bust I'm pissed about it and think we should have won, but a lot of ball to play yet and Watson coming in will help immediately this year.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 01:29:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree about game vs practice "shape", but I think we weren't in "shape" to deal with the physical nature of MSU and if weren't in shape to deal with their physicality, the Illinois game is going to be ugly. It's bad when we play teams like that bc it isn't our style and don't practice against it. That said, we'll only see a few teams all season that play that way. The players are coming in to fix that but it doesn't end our season this year. Like bust I'm pissed about it and think we should have won, but a lot of ball to play yet and Watson coming in will help immediately this year.

I think we are mentally weak moreso than physically weak. It's all about attitude and the desire to get a rebound. Because Morehead St was smaller than we were. They aren't more physically gifted at all. They just wanted it more and played with a more mature attitude. It is like with Peneva....DD said after last year ended, it was like a light switch went off, and he become more mentally confident and it shows. He is still a little weak for a 6'10" kid, but he has a ton of skill for a kid that size and has put up big numbers in all 3 games. The problem is his inside buddies are a Freshman (Williams), a juco (Koljanin)that is still learning the system, and a SR (Milan) that has come light years under DD but is nowhere near where your big should be. Willaims and Koljanin will get better and it will be really noticeable before the end of the year. DD has a track record of 3 years making his teams much better at the end of the year than at the beginning. It will happen again. Only difference next year is we won't be starting in a hole.
    « Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 01:32:40 PM by herdorbust »

Offline Apollo

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh I didn't mean physical shape at all, sorry. Just that the style of play, their physical style, wore us down. And yes a lot of that is mental, especially when you aren't used to playing against it. It wears on you.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »