Author Topic: Schedule  (Read 516 times)

Offline Herdiowa

Schedule
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cryami OH is losing to Eastern Michigan in the 4th quarter. How was that’s a good win again?

HerdFans.com

Schedule
    « on: November 15, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »

Offline herdorbust

Re: Schedule
    « Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:00:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think everyone thought Miami O was going to be decent this year. They are just not very good at all.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:59:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember it took two kickoff returns for TDs to get the win!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline Apollo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Remember it took two kickoff returns for TDs to get the win!
    And a pick 6.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think everyone thought Miami O was going to be decent this year. They are just not very good at all.
    Remember it took two kickoff returns for TDs to get the win!
    And a pick 6.

Again, Doc's sideline cheerleaders will disagree with what you guys are saying.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, THECHAMPISHERE, herdfan129

Offline whf

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 02:36:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could comment on how the two kick off returns and pick-6 allowed MU to choose how to manage the game and protect a very important win; but I won't. It wouldn't matter.

Offline MUinDE

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 04:22:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could comment on how the two kick off returns and pick-6 allowed MU to choose how to manage the game and protect a very important win; but I won't. It wouldn't matter.

I remember Marshall teams that when ahead, went for the throat of the other team instead of letting them hang around all game long. Seems to me that that’s a better way to protect a lead. I miss those teams!

Whf - this is why folks are just ignoring your posts, you can convince yourself of anything. You skew reality to fit your agenda. Was Doc also protecting leads against Kent, Charlotte, etc when we got slim leads in the first half. If the answer is no, why did Doc and Legg become overly cautious to the point that it seriously put those games in jeopardy? Makes no sense. If the answer is yes, lord help us!

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, The E-Man, herdfan129

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 05:02:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember Marshall teams that when ahead, went for the throat of the other team instead of letting them hang around all game long. Seems to me that that’s a better way to protect a lead. I miss those teams!

Whf - this is why folks are just ignoring your posts, you can convince yourself of anything. You skew reality to fit your agenda. Was Doc also protecting leads against Kent, Charlotte, etc when we got slim leads in the first half. If the answer is no, why did Doc and Legg become overly cautious to the point that it seriously put those games in jeopardy? Makes no sense. If the answer is yes, lord help us!

MUinDE, you're making to much logical sense! and it's scary to some fans, lol..

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, wasbarryb, herdfan129

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 06:17:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you/I remember correctly Doc gave this horrible Miami Oh team TWO chances to win the game at the end due to conservative, scared to lose play.

We struggled against Miami Oh, Charlotte, ODU...and have what one win this year against a team with a winning record (a very down WKU)...how this man can continually under-perform and keep his job is beyond me. You and I would lose our 35k a year job for less, and yet this man gets to keep his 800k a year job...all while keeping his incompetent buddies employed.  It should be criminal.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you/I remember correctly Doc gave this horrible Miami Oh team TWO chances to win the game at the end due to conservative, scared to lose play.

We struggled against Miami Oh, Charlotte, ODU...and have what one win this year against a team with a winning record (a very down WKU)...how this man can continually under-perform and keep his job is beyond me. You and I would lose our 35k a year job for less, and yet this man gets to keep his 800k a year job...all while keeping his incompetent buddies employed.  It should be criminal.

Exactly, CHAMPISHERE.  Apparently, some have forgotten that Doc and Legg managed the Miami game SO WELL, that their last play of the game was a pass into the end zone that, if completed, would have given them a one point win.  Same scenario almost repeated in game 10 last week against WKU, when our "ostrich" head in the sand offense essentially gave the Toppers offense more opportunity to score in the 4th Quarter, which they did, again bringing the lead down to one score, which, running a less conservative offense would probably not allowed them to get that close.

Then, too, remember how well our game was "managed" down at Charlotte.  That resulted in a resounding 14-3 win over that potent 49er club, now 1-9.  Guess Doc was afraid if our offense turned it over too much, that would allow the UNCC explosive offense to get back in the game.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 08:03:48 PM »