Author Topic: Again No Respect from National anything  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Herdrulz29

Again No Respect from National anything
« on: October 22, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Like I said a few weeks ago, we get no respect. Ucf and Usf and Memphis all in Top 25. We are 6-1 with only loss being to a top 15 team we should had beat and here we are still getting very few votes in the polls. If we were undefeated, we probably still wouldnt be ranked. Pathetic.

HerdFans.com

Again No Respect from National anything
    « on: October 22, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

Offline Herdalum83

Re: Again No Respect from National anything
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:46:40 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • We have beaten no one!! Losing by 17 to a top 15 team doesnt get you ranked nor should it. Some of you folks manufacture anti-Marshall bias and disrepect that doesn't exist.

6-1 is great, I'm estatic about the turn around and our chances of winning a division/conference crown. However, to this point in the season we do not deserve to be ranked, we haven't earned it. I'm honestly shocked we have gotten top 25 votes at all.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, MarshallGrad, wesnky, MUinDE, wasbarryb, Apollo, marshallz13, ThunderCat98, herdfan129

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • USF is sitting there, having played the 130th Out of 130 strength of schedule.  In 2014, we got eaten up in the media for being undefeated with the 102nd schedule, but USF gets a pass?

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, SouthernHerd, parshall2marshall, goherd24, goherd14562, herdfan129

Offline Big City

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:11:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I love Marshall and I am so excited about the season this far but what has Marshall done to be ranked any higher that where they are at this point?

The formula is there. Whatever they are doing is working. Just keep executing and winning. Respect has to be earned and respect they are slowing earning back.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: biggreenarms, The E-Man

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 04:13:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Not only does usf schedule and ucf schedule sucks, We crushed a mtsu team on the road that went on the road and beat syracuse who upset the national champs. That is more than any of the other teams in g5 ahead of us have done. We get no respect bc of Doc. He has never been given a chance anywhere else because he is not a head coach. Our schedule has been watered down to make him look good. Yes we have talent but we dont get to show off how good we really are because of Mike and Doc.

Offline HerdinKY

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We have beaten no one!! Losing by 17 to a top 15 team doesnt get you ranked nor should it. Some of you folks manufacture anti-Marshall bias and disrepect that doesn't exist.

6-1 is great, I'm estatic about the turn around and our chances of winning a division/conference crown. However, to this point in the season we do not deserve to be ranked, we haven't earned it. I'm honestly shocked we have gotten top 25 votes at all.
    You are right & you're wrong.  The bias isn't against MU specifically.  The bias is against CUSA in it's entirety.  ESPN has snubbed us ever since the league refused to sign their crappy TV deal.  Even in ESPN's weakened state they still control the propaganda machine of CFB. 

The AAC has a deal w/ ESPN.  UCF I'm willing to concede on.  USF & Memphis have done NOTHING.  USF's strength of schedule is the WORST in all of CFB.  Memphis beat UCLA, so what.  UCLA is hardly world beaters. 

I agree we are not poor picked on MU but the league in general is given no respect even when a team like our 14' team, a WKU, or whomever rightfully deserves their respect.  I agree losing to the 15th ranked team doesn't help your argument.  IMO though to lose the way we lost on their home field does carry some weight.  I don't necessarily believe we deserve a Top 25 ranking right now this week but I see teams ahead of us both in receiving votes & in the Top 25 already that we could, should, & would beat.

I would even wager a guess that even if we finish the year in the Top 25 w/ only a small handful of contributors graduating that we won't show up in the pre-season Top 25. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When "Thunderstruck" starts its too late!

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 04:47:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said a few weeks ago, we get no respect. Ucf and Usf and Memphis all in Top 25. We are 6-1 with only loss being to a top 15 team we should had beat and here we are still getting very few votes in the polls. If we were undefeated, we probably still wouldnt be ranked. Pathetic.

I'm not worried about the polls as of now, it feels good to see our name along side of Florida, Arizona State, Georgia Tech, etc.. We just need to keep winning and it will take care of itself.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, bighat, herdfan129

Offline herd1990

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 04:55:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1

AMEN!  We beat 6 of the worst teams in the country and people wonder why we aren’t in the playoff discussion.  I’m happy for the turnaround too but some folks need to temper their expectations.

The following users thanked this post: scherd, MUinDE, The E-Man, ThunderCat98

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 05:33:42 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Based on our resume, I'm actually surprised we are getting votes already.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, wasbarryb, The E-Man, Herdalum83

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2017, 05:41:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 6-1 is great, but the rest is what it is.  No need to worry about this stuff.  If Doc and team can run the table the rest of the year the polls will take care of themselves.  Another loss and you can probably kiss the votes goodbye.  The away games at FAU and UTSA are going to be a real test on this team.  Need the offense be able to score enough against FAU to take the pressure off the defense.  Need to prove to UTSA that we can come to Texas and win games.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 05:46:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If we win out including conference championship and bowl game we'll probably settle in at around #20, maybe even better.  The 2014 team lost at a bad time. Had anyone said we would have been having this discussion at all in 2017 back in June, we would have had them committed.  Love the herd and love the ride. We're playing on house money so let's see how far we can go.

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Not only does usf schedule and ucf schedule sucks, We crushed a mtsu team on the road that went on the road and beat syracuse who upset the national champs. That is more than any of the other teams in g5 ahead of us have done. We get no respect bc of Doc. He has never been given a chance anywhere else because he is not a head coach. Our schedule has been watered down to make him look good. Yes we have talent but we dont get to show off how good we really are because of Mike and Doc.

Did they beat Syracuse with the same qb they played against us?
    If not they are a way different team.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, Herdalum83, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 05:47:33 PM »

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's simple.

UCF - 1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that), 2. Has beaten 3 teams with a winning record (we have beaten 0 teams with a winning record), 3. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

USF - Yes terrible schedule but....1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that). 2. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

Memphis - 1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that), 2. Has beaten 3 teams with a winning record, 2 of those top 25 teams (we have beaten 0 teams with a winning record), 3. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

So that is why they are getting more love, at the moment, then us. Hopefully that changes if we can keep winning.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 06:02:26 PM by THECHAMPISHERE »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, parshall2marshall, MUinDE, The E-Man, goherd24, ThunderCat98, herdfan129

Offline MrRobertPruett

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2017, 06:16:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will give USF at 7-0 should be ranked but top 15 is head scratching, they will get theirs eventually but they’re getting way too much respect, much like WVU who has beaten nobody.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison

Offline jstherd

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]3
  • So many of you dig so hard to prove Marshall deserves no respect. Why? You must enjoy it.....and if the truth be known, don't really care that much whether they win or lose. You must really like Landon's articles!

I disagree with those that say we deserve no respect. Of course we do and the naysayers on here will not change my mind.

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 06:30:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Agree. USF seems way overrated.

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
    • Franchise Owner
    • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
    « Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 06:38:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They need to just keep winning and it will take care of itself.

The following users thanked this post: bighat

Offline BHFIOHIO

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • It's simple.

UCF - 1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that), 2. Has beaten 3 teams with a winning record (we have beaten 0 teams with a winning record), 3. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

USF - Yes terrible schedule but....1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that). 2. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

Memphis - 1. Has been killing teams (either we can't or Doc won't let us do that), 2. Has beaten 3 teams with a winning record, 2 of those top 25 teams (we have beaten 0 teams with a winning record), 3. Has a P5 win (we lost our P5 game).

Cheap to equate the UCF and USF P5 wins over Illinois and Maryland with NC St.  LOL. Is that you Chuck?

So that is why they are getting more love, at the moment, then us. Hopefully that changes if we can keep winning.

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 07:21:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who cares.   Heck most of he people on here said we would struggle and the national media did as well.  Just keep winning. This year sets up like 2013.  Our year is next year. If we can somehow keep Brady another year it would be even more awesome.

Sure I wish we were ranked higher but we can’t make people vote us there. We can’t help that other teams aren’t doing better. Just keep winning and do what we can control.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline Apollo

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 07:29:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Is it our fault our conference is weak and all but one of our OOC foes are weak? No, but that all plays into it. We all know its about style points in college football nowadays. Some of you need to quite pretending it isn't. Perception is reality. People perceive the AAC a stronger conference so of course they're getting more respect. Thats just how it is. And of course wins against P5, even Illinois and Maryland, are going to mean more than a loss to NCSt. Thats just delusional to think otherwise. Then again several are on here. We were passed over in '14 bco of weak SoS and we'll be passed over again this year even if we win out. We needed to beat NCSt and we didn't. Right now we need to use the rest of the season, win out, win a conf title, win a bowl game and set up for the Access run next year by starting the year off with more respect. We can't change the strength of our opponents any more than we change the selection system in place for the NY6 games. We just have to take care of our own business and put ourselves in the best place for success and keep building for the future.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 07:32:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

Are you freaking out of your mind? Beating MTSU is not even close as impressive as UCF destroying Maryland and Memphis. Their schedule is light years ahead of ours. Good Lord some of you are so blinded by Loyalty.

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd, Herdalum83

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • USF/UCF still have to play each other. They both have some tough games left too. Season is far from over and the chances of them both losing 1-2 games is pretty high.

All we have to do is keep on winning and we will be in the discussion at the very least. Remember, only one of them can play for the AAC Championship. If they were to lose then they aren't even eligible for the Access spot.

All MWC teams already have 2 or more losses.

We will def get in ahead of anyone from the MAC/Sun Belt if we win out.

If we win out we could sneak in there this year if the AAC beats each other up down the stretch.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 07:41:56 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So many of you dig so hard to prove Marshall deserves no respect. Why? You must enjoy it.....and if the truth be known, don't really care that much whether they win or lose. You must really like Landon's articles!

I disagree with those that say we deserve no respect. Of course we do and the naysayers on here will not change my mind.

No, I think some just think it's crazy to try and put down Wisconsin, UCF and others about their schedule. And then act like we have beaten someone. Can you imagine what Wisconsin and UCF would be saying in this argument? They would be laughing and saying you guys have beat WHO? Trying to argue we have beaten better teams than Memphis, Maryland etc is crazy.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990

Offline elginherd

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • "We all know its about style points in college football nowadays."

Apollo, it has been a lot about style points fin CFB for many decades, not just nowadays. The current 4 team playoff is nearly as bad as the BCS system. A true 16 or 24 team playoff would be a better championship model and would generate even more money; however, the payola system well documented by Dan Wetzel is still in place. As long as the big bowl promoters, the P5 Ad's & the P5 Presidents are treated to the luxury perks & dough that will never change.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Apollo

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here's the thing...

Are we a much improved ball club this year?  Yes.
    Are we a young club that is likely building to next year?  Yes.
    Are we really one of the top 25 football teams in the nation this year?  No.

Doesn't mean we can't win a conference title and get more bowl trophies 'cause at Marshall, we like to collect shiny things.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, Flat Tire 2, Herdalum83

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »