Author Topic: 6-0 vs the bad portion of our schedule  (Read 812 times)

Offline MU42

6-0 vs the bad portion of our schedule
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]2
  • We are 0-1 vs the only good team we have played. I’m not saying FIU is good but every game we have left is against a team with a winning record as of today.

All of the teams we have beaten are 13-34.

The teams we have left to play are 21-11 with So Miss/LT in the 4th as of this post.

I think we win all 3 home games but those UTSA and FAU games make me nervous. 9-3 would be a great year imo especially after last year but at least a division title would be awesome to have.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

HerdFans.com

6-0 vs the bad portion of our schedule
    « on: October 21, 2017, 10:30:44 PM »

Offline coalherd

Re: 6-0 vs the bad portion of our schedule
    « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 12:44:23 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are 0-1 vs the only good team we have played. I’m not saying FIU is good but every game we have left is against a team with a winning record as of today.

All of the teams we have beaten are 13-34.

The teams we have left to play are 21-11 with So Miss/LT in the 4th as of this post.

I think we win all 3 home games but those UTSA and FAU games make me nervous. 9-3 would be a great year imo especially after last year but at least a division title would be awesome to have.

True, MU42, but it sure beats that 3-9 we had in 2016.  I know for sure we lost to at least two teams with losing records last year:  Charlotte and FIU.  Don't know if Akron was .500 or below.  Believe two of our three victories were over teams with losing records:  Morgan State and FAU.

Offline whf

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sell fulfilling gratification here this morning, I see. 

Offline herd1990

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 02:01:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • After beating teams with nary a pulse, some folks on here are talking about an access bowl!  Hey, I’m happy we are winning.  I don’t care if we are beating Cabell Midland and Spring Valley.  But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  Fans are saying this is the best defense we’ve had since 99.  It’s laughable!  The teams we have beaten are not exactly Clemson, BYU, and Western Michigan. 

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd, herdorbust

Online bighat

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 06:36:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just win

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:19:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just keep winning.

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 10:20:05 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think we win all 3 home games but those UTSA and FAU games make me nervous.

not disputing this comment at all, b/c it's legit, but ^^this^^ is why we struggle to build our fanbase & put butts in the seats, quite honestly.  our program has reached the point where we're "nervous" about games with teams joe football fan doesn't even know exist.  or teams half of our die-hards didn't even know existed til we joined CUSA or those teams joined CUSA.  teams that weren't even playing FBS football 10 yrs ago.  that's not a selling point for people.  our base was in it's glory days when you went in to every Sat wondering how bad you were gonna beat the other team.  which when you play teams like those & these, that's the attitude people wanna have b/c nobody respects 'em.  the only teams that made you nervous were the power 5 teams on your sched.  now, we play in a I-AA conference & are nervous about games vs teams that've never even played in our pathetic conf's champ game. 

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, THECHAMPISHERE, herdorbust

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• not disputing this comment at all, b/c it's legit, but ^^this^^ is why we struggle to build our fanbase & put butts in the seats, quite honestly.  our program has reached the point where we're "nervous" about games with teams joe football fan doesn't even know exist.  or teams half of our die-hards didn't even know existed til we joined CUSA or those teams joined CUSA.  teams that weren't even playing FBS football 10 yrs ago.  that's not a selling point for people.  our base was in it's glory days when you went in to every Sat wondering how bad you were gonna beat the other team.  which when you play teams like those & these, that's the attitude people wanna have b/c nobody respects 'em.  the only teams that made you nervous were the power 5 teams on your sched.  now, we play in a I-AA conference & are nervous about games vs teams that've never even played in our pathetic conf's champ game.

I agree 100%. We need to get back to wondering how bad we will beat teams. Not losing at home to Charlotte or beating them 14-3 on the road.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 02:41:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• not disputing this comment at all, b/c it's legit, but ^^this^^ is why we struggle to build our fanbase & put butts in the seats, quite honestly.  our program has reached the point where we're "nervous" about games with teams joe football fan doesn't even know exist.  or teams half of our die-hards didn't even know existed til we joined CUSA or those teams joined CUSA.  teams that weren't even playing FBS football 10 yrs ago.  that's not a selling point for people.  our base was in it's glory days when you went in to every Sat wondering how bad you were gonna beat the other team.  which when you play teams like those & these, that's the attitude people wanna have b/c nobody respects 'em.  the only teams that made you nervous were the power 5 teams on your sched.  now, we play in a I-AA conference & are nervous about games vs teams that've never even played in our pathetic conf's champ game.

I wish I could give you a 100 karma points, because this is a top 5 post this year. What you said is so true! Some fans have lowered their standards and are so use to struggling with bottom feeder teams, that they now fear playing them. FAU is no Clemson, lol..

Online bighat

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Only people who are talking about losing are some on this board to justify talking about losing. That sounds like circular logic to me.

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm your huckleberry. I'll drink the Green Kool Aid here.

This is the best LB corp we have had, period. This is one of the top 3 defenses we have ever had. Soon I feel it will be the best. This team IMHO could play with just about any team in the country, matching up of course better against some than against others.

The '99 D was about playmakers. Derricott was quick but slow. Beckett played in the League for awhile. Ditto O'Neal. Yates was a solid CFB LB, but nothing special. I feel our current D is comparable. The loss of Dozier and a few others hurt, but things happen. Marshall has a saying, "Next man up." Not a novel concept but apropos. Our D is getting that swagger ( another poster: SWAG ) now.

Doc and Legg are trying the K.I.S.S. philosophy, with a D like ours, it works. CL has a streak that wasn't broken: 130+ attempts in a row with a pick ( after putting it up for grabs in the endzone at NCSU ). We've got weapons on O. Numerous ones. We don't turn the ball over we should win out. It's almost that simple. I think we're compettive right now against the Top of the AAC. Maybe not quite beat UCF's team more than 3 or 4 out of 10 but I think UCF gets the Access Bowl this year.

I think we're still better than most give us credit for. Just don't turn the ball over a bunch of times in a game and we should grind out the wins.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm your huckleberry. I'll drink the Green Kool Aid here.

This is the best LB corp we have had, period. This is one of the top 3 defenses we have ever had. Soon I feel it will be the best. This team IMHO could play with just about any team in the country, matching up of course better against some than against others.

The '99 D was about playmakers. Derricott was quick but slow. Beckett played in the League for awhile. Ditto O'Neal. Yates was a solid CFB LB, but nothing special. I feel our current D is comparable. The loss of Dozier and a few others hurt, but things happen. Marshall has a saying, "Next man up." Not a novel concept but apropos. Our D is getting that swagger ( another poster: SWAG ) now.

Doc and Legg are trying the K.I.S.S. philosophy, with a D like ours, it works. CL has a streak that wasn't broken: 130+ attempts in a row with a pick ( after putting it up for grabs in the endzone at NCSU ). We've got weapons on O. Numerous ones. We don't turn the ball over we should win out. It's almost that simple. I think we're compettive right now against the Top of the AAC. Maybe not quite beat UCF's team more than 3 or 4 out of 10 but I think UCF gets the Access Bowl this year.

I think we're still better than most give us credit for. Just don't turn the ball over a bunch of times in a game and we should grind out the wins.

p2m

This team could play with just about any team in the country? But we struggled against Charlotte, Kent St and Miami? It's like some people live in an alternate universe. We have had a good year wins vs losses. But we haven't beaten anyone with a pulse yet and struggled in most of those games. Even ODU and MTSU with the margin of score being greater was still beating a nobody. ODY has the worst QB in all of D1 football and MTSU was playing a backup that is a TO machine. So lets not talk about playing with any team in the country just yet.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 11:20:55 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:25:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why are some willing to try and bring down the greatest D we ever had at Marshall (99) just to make another D look better? Is it because this is the present and the past can't do any thing for us now? It makes me sick to hear that 99 team had a guy that was OK and that guy was slow and that guy wasn't anything special. That 99 Defense was the best ever to play here hands down PERIOD.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 11:25:03 PM »